for all those Steven King lovers...

Poohbear246

Feb 17, 2005
✟1,702.00
Faith
Catholic
Misery was good. :) And the one that he wrote about the little girl getting lost in the forest was very interesting! l loved The Shining!!

He is a great author: the only thing that bugs me a bit when I read his books is the way he kills off so many animals. He gets you attached to them and then bam! (I am thinking of Needful Things, for ex., which I couldn't finish. )

Upvote 0

but'n'ben

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset
Feb 24, 2004
✟1,638.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I loved The Shining. Different Seasons was a fantastic collection. MIsery was out of this world. And the film...! WOW!

I can't believe people who read Richard Backman's books didn't know it was King! I think it's so obvious! The writing stlye, the references to Maine amongst other things...

Dreamcatcher didn't grab me at all....I gave up after a week or so. I may go back to it later on.

Anyone read Apt Pupil? Not many things make me feel sick but that short story did. Especially the bit with Todd on his bike when he sees the little baby bird at the side of the raod. And then the bit with Dussander and the cat.

The Green Mile was a fantastic representation of Jesus in a prison setting...at least that's what I interpreted it to be. Felt the film could have been more 'believable' if they had stuck to the original evidence of Coffey's innocence.

King got me into Poe...another one to read if you like gothic horror. He's a genius.

Upvote 0