Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Ahhh! I hadn't thought of that: just stick them for the cost! And? It's such a President Trump thing to do! :oldthumbsup:
tulc(thanks for making this suddenly a lot more interesting) ;)
My pleasure. :)

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

ken777

"to live is Christ, and to die is gain"
Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would say it's all just speculation...I haven't seen evidence one way or the other...every article I've read on this has said, "Trump is possibly spending $3 million in taxes every trip to Mar-a-Lago..." Possibly doesn't mean he is...seems both our theories are plausible, but until we see anything concrete, who knows?
C'mon BD, surely you don't want to spoil the fun of those who love to follow a bad smell ... even when it is emanating from their own minds. Matthew 6:23

Upvote 0

Big Drew

Believer
Site Supporter
Nov 10, 2009
Alabama
✟74,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
C'mon BD, surely you don't want to spoil the fun of those who love to follow a bad smell ... even when it is emanating from their own minds. Matthew 6:23
You've hit the nail on the head there, sir. The media is trying to find any dirt they can on Trump, because they hate him. I can't tell you how many times I've looked at my wife since the election and said, "I wish they would stop giving me reasons to like this guy."

He wasn't my candidate of choice, not even my third or fourth, for that matter...but, he's what we got, give him a chance! Do I think he's gonna be great? Highly doubtful...but he's definitely not gonna be the worst...there are quite a few others that he'd have to fight to get that title.

Really interesting to me how the media had a little love fest over his speech last week then the next day the Jeff Sessions "scandal" breaks..."Oh no! We can't really disagree, we have to find something to show he's evil!" And, while we're on the subject...since when is it bad form for a sitting Senator to have a conversation with a foreign diplomat? I was unaware that we were in the middle of Cold War II....

Reactions: ken777
Upvote 0

ken777

"to live is Christ, and to die is gain"
Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You've hit the nail on the head there, sir. The media is trying to find any dirt they can on Trump, because they hate him. I can't tell you how many times I've looked at my wife since the election and said, "I wish they would stop giving me reasons to like this guy."

He wasn't my candidate of choice, not even my third or fourth, for that matter...but, he's what we got, give him a chance! Do I think he's gonna be great? Highly doubtful...but he's definitely not gonna be the worst...there are quite a few others that he'd have to fight to get that title.

Really interesting to me how the media had a little love fest over his speech last week then the next day the Jeff Sessions "scandal" breaks..."Oh no! We can't really disagree, we have to find something to show he's evil!" And, while we're on the subject...since when is it bad form for a sitting Senator to have a conversation with a foreign diplomat? I was unaware that we were in the middle of Cold War II....
The hostility towards Trump is so intense & palpable that I am wondering what is going on. Could it be Ephesians 6:12?

The many thousands of refugees that were denied entry when the Obama administration introduced extreme vetting caused hardly a ripple. And yet a temporary travel ban on 6 "countries of concern", originally identified by Obama, is being fought tooth and nail.

Just read that a man in the Muslim Association of Hawaii, who is a plaintiff in that state's legal challenge, says the ban will keep his Syrian mother-in-law from visiting. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...or those people could be seeing something those who voted for him won't admit to because then they would realize just how duped they were when they voted for him in the first place. :wave:
tulc(understands how hard it is to admit to being played, after all he voted for President Reagan 3 times) :sorry:

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
"You have Obama that wants to play golf instead of deal with people."
- Donald Trump

A large part of the anti-Trump sentiment stems from the fact that he blurts out whatever insult that comes into his head and has no intention of being held responsible for his behaviour.

His supporters have become "enablers," rationalizing and making excuses for his outrageous behaviour including his refusal to assume the role of Commander-and-Chief for all Americans.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

Big Drew

Believer
Site Supporter
Nov 10, 2009
Alabama
✟74,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
...or those people could be seeing something those who voted for him won't admit to because then they would realize just how duped they were when they voted for him in the first place. :wave:
tulc(understands how hard it is to admit to being played, after all he voted for President Reagan 3 times) :sorry:
Tulc, I imagine there were many voters like me. As I said, Trump wasn't even in my top 5...I supported Rand Paul, he dropped out before the primaries in my state...so, during the primaries I voted for Rubio...he dropped out, I threw my support towards Cruz...I'm libertarian, so I found another good candidate in Austin Petersen...then the LP decided to go with Aleppo Johnson, who's nothing more than a weed smoking establishment republican...so, I had to make a choice between two people that I really didn't want...this was seriously the worst two choices we could have possibly had...on the one hand, I could vote for Hillary, the poster child of a corrupt politician, and get 4-8 more years of Obama's failed policies...or, I could say, you know what, I'm sick of how things are in Washington, and maybe Trump will shake things up a bit so fine, I'll hold my nose and pull the lever for him.

I didn't trust him from the get go...I said this was all just a publicity stunt, and he'd fade away after a couple of months, just like he did when he talked about running in 2012...and I still believe that this is how it started, but then people started supporting him, and he got so popular...which, we can thank the media for...they won't admit it, but they handed him the election. With him getting more speaking time in the debates than the other candidates. Most of the questions to the other candidates were about Trump and things he had said...they wanted him to be Hillary's opponent, because they knew he had no substance and would make her look good. Well, that backfired.

Trump got elected because millions of Americans, just like me, are tired of the status quo and it was time to shake things up a bit. I'm sure there are many that follow him blindly...but I wouldn't say all of us that voted for him got duped...I just wanted to exercise my right to peacefully protest the government. :D

• Winner
Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0