Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
While I'm a Creationist, I think FotF uses scare tactics too often in their articles, and sadly, these don't seem too different. Also, they make no difference between Old Earth Creation, theistic evolution, and atheistic evolution.

None of these beliefs necessarily leads one to accept the rest, they differ at many points, and only atheistic evolution carries the consequence of the cheapening of life, because even in the theistic evolution framework (which BTW I disagree with as a Creationist), God is still the Creator (although using a process rather than merely a spoken word) and all human life is still a precious miracle.

Old Earth Creationism is actually a somewhat more tenable position than YEC in the sense that it does not have to automatically dismiss even reliable forms of age dating to fit within a specified framework for the age of the earth, and admits that the Bible isn't clear on that date.

(Calculating the age of the earth from geneaologies, even perfect genealogies with no generational skips, is as or more unreliable as radio-carbon dating. Lifespans overlap, not everyone was born at the start of a new century, and usually only males were written in Biblical genealogies unless it was a very special case. . .so if one of the primeval patriarchs only had daughters, he would be listed as the father of his grandson)

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Today at 03:51 PM chickenman said this in Post #6

I hate family.org

I wouldn't go that far: I think they have a good ministry: when they stick to their best purpose of encouraging marriage for life, stable families, and providing advice on relationships and parenting for Christians.

It's when they get into politics, issues of serious theological debate, or issues involving large cultural differences that they become reactionary and usually insert foot in mouth while screaming that they know what's absolutely right for everyone and that all *true Christians™*must follow their lead.

Upvote 0

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟28,817.00
Faith
Taoist
A couple of sort of correction.

Theistic evolutionists and atheistic evolutionists are the same thing. :)

Radiocarbon dating is only inaccurate when used improperly. Used correctly its accurate.

Today at 04:22 PM Susan said this in Post #7

While I'm a Creationist, I think FotF uses scare tactics too often in their articles, and sadly, these don't seem too different. Also, they make no difference between Old Earth Creation, theistic evolution, and atheistic evolution.

None of these beliefs necessarily leads one to accept the rest, they differ at many points, and only atheistic evolution carries the consequence of the cheapening of life, because even in the theistic evolution framework (which BTW I disagree with as a Creationist), God is still the Creator (although using a process rather than merely a spoken word) and all human life is still a precious miracle.

Old Earth Creationism is actually a somewhat more tenable position than YEC in the sense that it does not have to automatically dismiss even reliable forms of age dating to fit within a specified framework for the age of the earth, and admits that the Bible isn't clear on that date.

(Calculating the age of the earth from geneaologies, even perfect genealogies with no generational skips, is as or more unreliable as radio-carbon dating. Lifespans overlap, not everyone was born at the start of a new century, and usually only males were written in Biblical genealogies unless it was a very special case. . .so if one of the primeval patriarchs only had daughters, he would be listed as the father of his grandson)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums