TheThrill

Man of God
Feb 11, 2008
✟15,371.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Wow, lots said about many topics in this thread. :)

To the OP, I like Flyleaf as well. :thumbsup: Some of favorite songs are Perfect, Cassie, All Around Me, and So I Thought. I haven't seen them in concert yet, but would like to when Sonshine Festival is in the area.

To the other topics
Decyphr Down = I bought End of Grey because I liked I'll Breathe For You. Man, I've been disappointed ever since. Kinda bummed.

Showbread = Is awesome. I had heard a song of theirs on a Tooth & Nail sampler (I think it was the You Can't Handle The Tooth CD) and like it. Went out and got No Sir, Nihilism Is Not Practical and have been in love with it since. So Selfish It's Funny is my favorite song right now off that album. Absolutely awesome.

Disciple = I go back and forth. Sometimes I'm in the mood for their music, sometimes it seems "same old, same old." Either way, I typically don't find myself listening to the entire album front to back, so I guess that says something.... :idea:

Thousand Foot Krutch = Man, I like these guys a lot. They may sound kinda repetitive from album to album, but I don't care. I like it. Although, I haven't heard an album of theirs that beats Set If Off yet. That was a topnotch album in my book.

Later rockers! :amen:

Upvote 0

swingnscream

more music - dance our troubles away
Jan 25, 2004
I roll with the foxes and hunt with the hounds
✟11,702.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Thousand Foot Krutch = Man, I like these guys a lot. They may sound kinda repetitive from album to album, but I don't care. I like it. Although, I haven't heard an album of theirs that beats Set If Off yet. That was a topnotch album in my book.

I don't know if I've said it in this thread or not, but I've said it hundreds of times and I'll say it again: TFK is better live than on CD, and probably always will be! They just can't record their energy into an album, and I don't know if that's because of their personal style or if they just haven't gotten a producer who is good enough to really get them. Anyway it goes, it'd pay for TFK ticket over their cds any day!

Upvote 0

NightCrawler13

Veteran
May 13, 2006
Nova Scotia, Canada
✟9,466.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
to stay with the original question in this thread....i love flyleaf....their sound is awesome. and i love the story behind "cassie" however, i'm not so sure i would want to see them live in concert....
i would think you would dislike the story behind cassie :|....unless you'er talking about the saying yes to believing in God

Upvote 0

Nachtjager

Mar 24, 2006
South Louisiana
✟512.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Got the Flyleaf CD very early, long ago, it's a great first album but like others have said, a follow-up is long overdue - looking forward to their next one.

Fireflight is a very good chick fronted Christian band too, been rather impressed with them - not quite as hard as Flyleaf, but some good tunes and two CDs out now.

TFK is flat out boring on their CDs, hope they're better live because their recordings are downright dull. Decyfer Down rocks hard live and on CD, ditto that for Skillet and Seventh Day Slumber. Have seen Stellar Kart live a few times, they put on a great show, so does Kutless - much more rowdy live than on CD.

To the orig. post, Flyleaf is simply good rock and it's great because a lot of kids listen to it and get a positive message without realizing what they're getting into - I love Christian messages tucked into songs that the mainstream radio picks up. Take care all and God bless.:wave:

Upvote 0

TheThrill

Man of God
Feb 11, 2008
✟15,371.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
TFK is flat out boring on their CDs, hope they're better live because their recordings are downright dull.

Wow, really? Don't like TFK on CD? I'll give you their latest is not too exciting (The Flame In All of Us). But I haven't met anybody who didn't like Phenomenon or Set It Off! :eek: That's cool. Just curious if you're basing that on the latest release, or prior releases as well. :)

Sorry, I'm done with hijacking the Flyleaf thread. :amen:

Upvote 0

savedeternally

Saved Eternally
Feb 2, 2006
USA
✟7,718.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I absolutely love Flyleaf! I have their cd and I listen to it a lot. I really like to listen to and explore the lyrics. It's so cool finding the meaning of them! Plus I love rock, and it's really awesome to mix a great sound and a great meaning.

I also like the game Rockband, but I play the drums most of the time, so whenever I'm So Sick comes on I have trouble playing the drums instead of singing. I've gotten 85% on hard singing though. (Whenever that song comes on my brothers yell for me to sing.) But let me tell you, it is hard. :)

Other rock bands I recommend are TFK (I have Phenomenon and I want more for my birthday...not sure which cds to get though!) and Skillet. I love Christian Rock!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tigercub

unbelievably fluffy
Site Supporter
May 8, 2006
Brisbane
Visit site
✟27,814.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Me! me! I officially love Flyleaf :D

I just bought their album today (the self-titled one I think...at least it has no other name) it's a special edition, comes with a bonus disc (on which are a few acoustic versions of their songs and 3 video clips) I highly recommend Flyleaf's acoustic stuff :cool:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.