Akron
✟75,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
There is a theory that the layers of geology were created during the flood in a very short period of time. When they built the expressway they cut through all the layers. Most of what we have here is 12 feed of muck left from when this area was covered with Glaciers. If you look along the river you will find layers of conglomerate rick under all the muck. This is rock that is round that has been shaped by the water in a river bed. I like to stack river rock because it is very easy to balance. I believe in a literal Bible, but I am sure it takes longer than 24 hours for a river to create round rocks like this.
P5110024.JPG

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I believe in a literal Bible, but I am sure it takes longer than 24 hours for a river to create round rocks like this.
Maybe.
I used to have a machine that would /did make round rocks out of rough ones in a few hours.

edit: smooth rocks... that is. Not necessarily , though sometimes, round.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I used to have a machine that would /did make round rocks out of rough ones in a few hours.

edit: smooth rocks... that is. Not necessarily , though sometimes, round.
I did that in the army on KP. We had a machine to clean the potatoes. What I ended up with is nothing at all like what the river rocks look like. I have thought about running broken glass through a polishing machine to smooth out the rough edges. But I do not want to have to inhale any glass powder. It would be a good source of income. People will pay a lot for polished broken glass for their art projects.

River rocks are formed by gravity. That is why they are so very easy to balance
polished-glass.jpg

Attachments

• 20200216_160131.jpg
    20200216_160131.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 16
Upvote 0

YeshuaFollower

Veritas vos liberabit
Dec 6, 2022
eastern townships, Quebec
✟17,254.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Gen 8:2 The fountains also of the deep and the windows of heaven were stopped, and the rain from heaven was restrained;​

For those who believe that the biblical flood was just a story, read below;​

A blue planet through and through: Earth's largest water reservoir is found trapped 400 miles BENEATH the surface​

The Earth's largest expanse of water isn't on the surface of the planet, but instead is buried deep within its mantle, researchers have found.

They claim the ingredients for water are bound up in deep rocks (hydrous ringwoodite), and scientists believe the discovery may represent the planet's largest water reservoir.

Deep pockets of magma were found using seismic waves beneath North America, and this magma is said to be a clear sign of water.

rest of article, see link below;

Blessings,

JFF

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Earth's largest water reservoir is found trapped 400 miles BENEATH the surface
That is the irony of the dust bowl during the great depression.
They were desperate for water and it was only 400 feet away.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
That is the irony of the dust bowl during the great depression.
They were desperate for water and it was only 400 feet away.
Such irony on earth, that "faith", a gift, is even closer, even "in thy mouth", if someone believes. How can "faith" in truth/creation/ and what is right, be SO close, and yet so FAR AWAY ?

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟306,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Gen 8:2 The fountains also of the deep and the windows of heaven were stopped, and the rain from heaven was restrained;​

For those who believe that the biblical flood was just a story, read below;​

A blue planet through and through: Earth's largest water reservoir is found trapped 400 miles BENEATH the surface​

The Earth's largest expanse of water isn't on the surface of the planet, but instead is buried deep within its mantle, researchers have found.

They claim the ingredients for water are bound up in deep rocks (hydrous ringwoodite), and scientists believe the discovery may represent the planet's largest water reservoir.

Deep pockets of magma were found using seismic waves beneath North America, and this magma is said to be a clear sign of water.

rest of article, see link below;

Blessings,

JFF

This is about water that is chemically bound into the crystal structure. Many minerals are hydrated, like Gypsum. It's right there in the argicle you quote (hydrous ringwoodite). For the water to get out the melt would have to reach the surface as lava. (BTW, water vapor is one of the main gasses emitted in volcanic eruptions.) This is not a "buried ocean" of any kind.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟569,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is a theory that the layers of geology were created during the flood in a very short period of time. When they built the expressway they cut through all the layers. Most of what we have here is 12 feed of muck left from when this area was covered with Glaciers. If you look along the river you will find layers of conglomerate rick under all the muck. This is rock that is round that has been shaped by the water in a river bed. I like to stack river rock because it is very easy to balance. I believe in a literal Bible, but I am sure it takes longer than 24 hours for a river to create round rocks like this.
View attachment 326959
I posted a thread some time about about the layers toward the bottom of the Grand Canyon where there are repeated layering of sedimentary, igneous, and metamorphic rocks including layers that were diagonal and eroded. Allegedly this all occurred during the 120 days of flooding. That is simply not possible and it makes Christians look dumb and foolish when we suggest it is. We would be suggesting there were raising and falling oceans, intermittent volcanic eruptions, and rising and falling continental plates all occurring over a period of merely 4 months.
Don't get me wrong, I am a Christian and I believe God created the heavens and the earth, but it is not 6000 years old or even 6 billion years old.
I believe in an old earth and I also believe in theistic evolution.

Geologic Proof of an old earth creation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Allegedly this all occurred during the 120 days of flooding.
This is what you call a double whopper. They also claim the flood is what carved the Grand Canyon. Which may be true. But the same flood could not have formed all those layers and then carved a canyon into them. They are going to have to pick one or the other.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Many minerals are hydrated, like Gypsum.
Gypsum like lime in cement can be organic remains from fossils. The Romans were so good at making cement that some of it is still there and in use today after thousands of years. We also find this in chalk.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Such irony on earth, that "faith", a gift, is even closer, even "in thy mouth", if someone believes. How can "faith" in truth/creation/ and what is right, be SO close, and yet so FAR AWAY ?
Because even man-made faith is powerful. To prove God we have to go beyond what man can do apart from God. Science makes this easy, they go by the 50 - 50 rule. I had a situation where my odds were one in 1200. This is far beyond what man is able to do apart from God. Not me it was actually my son and wife that prayed for me.

• Winner
Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
But the same flood could not have formed all those layers and then carved a canyon into them. They are going to have to pick one or the other.
I had a situation where my odds were one in 1200. This is far beyond what man is able to do apart from God.
So actually, it was easy for God to accomplish not only the flood, over the whole world, as He also easily created, BY HIS WORD, out of nothing, the stars, the sun, the moon, and all life on earth....

actually the flood and all of its consequences were not difficult for God. Nor for the little children who believe in Him,
but for educated scientists and such, they trust man instead of God, and are baffled by and reject truth usually,

as this is the Father's Good Pleasure So To Do .

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟569,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So actually, it was easy for God to accomplish not only the flood, over the whole world, as He also easily created, BY HIS WORD, out of nothing, the stars, the sun, the moon, and all life on earth....

actually the flood and all of its consequences were not difficult for God. Nor for the little children who believe in Him,
but for educated scientists and such, they trust man instead of God, and are baffled by and reject truth usually,

as this is the Father's Good Pleasure So To Do .
What is difficult here is that God essentially created a record that was false.. that is, a lie. Is God lying to us in His creation? Of course I do not believe so. If the world looks 4 billion years old, then it probably is. If the universe is 14 billion years old, then there is no reason to believe that it is not. If the geology of the grand canyon looks like it was laid down over millions of years, it probably was.
One must ask: If God created a universe that is essentially a bunch of lies laid out to intentionally deceive us, then what else is He deceiving us about? How do we know what is true and what is false? Is the gospel an elaborate scheme to deceive us? Is our faith in fact all based on lies? Of course I do not believe this. God is not a man that He should lie. It is impossible for Him to lie. Even in the creation. In the end, if God lies whether in word or work, we can have no faith. Our faith is based on Him, His nature, and His faithfulness.

Psalm 33:4
For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.

Psalms 85:11.
Truth shall spring out of the earth; and righteousness shall look down from heaven.

Titus 1:2
2. In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
What is difficult here is that God essentially created a record that was false..
Only if by man's thinking. Jesus rebuked and rebukes man's thinking. Turn to the Creator, for His Kingdom is at hand ///// or is it still ??

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟306,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Gypsum like lime in cement can be organic remains from fossils. The Romans were so good at making cement that some of it is still there and in use today after thousands of years. We also find this in chalk.

Way to ignore the point of my post with a non-sequitor. The "ocean" of water trapped deep in the mantle is chemically bound in the minerals.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
BY HIS WORD, out of nothing, the stars, the sun, the moon, and all life on earth....
As far as we know God began with hydrogen, helium, lithium and beryllium.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Way to ignore the point
The point of the post is about conglomerate rock. We are talking about gradualism. How things are formed over time and in layers. A day in genesis one may be a literal 24-hour day. But they also represent long periods of time. YEC & OEC can both be true at the same time. One is literal, the other is symbolic.

Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟468,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
View attachment 326959
Good picture.

The layer with rounded stones obviously was a creek bed long ago. The stone rolled down the creek and piled up downstream. Later the area became buried with sediments.

None of this makes sense if we try to say these rocks were caused by a flood.

Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟468,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I posted a thread some time about about the layers toward the bottom of the Grand Canyon where there are repeated layering of sedimentary, igneous, and metamorphic rocks including layers that were diagonal and eroded. Allegedly this all occurred during the 120 days of flooding. That is simply not possible and it makes Christians look dumb and foolish when we suggest it is. We would be suggesting there were raising and falling oceans, intermittent volcanic eruptions, and rising and falling continental plates all occurring over a period of merely 4 months....

Geologic Proof of an old earth creation.
That is a good diagram and description of the layers in the Grand Canyon Supergroup. Thanks for posting the link.

In my post, Flood Geology and Scientific Creationism, I had a paragraph discussing buried volcanic rock layers. I have now added a hyperlink to your thread as shown below:

Animals were alive and well down there, and there were also volcanos. There are vast formations down there caused by lava that flowed over the Earth. How can all those volcanos occur in the middle of a flood? We see fossil layers below them, so, in the flood geology model, these volcanos occurred after the start of the flood. And we find many layers of rocks above these volcanos, so the volcanoes must have preceded the end of the flood. How did they get there?​

Upvote 0