Flags Removed From Seminary Cafeteria

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Yesterday at 12:05 PM D. Scarlatti said this in Post #11

Of course not. I asked a question: How can any Christian disagree with the seminary's statement? It appears to me to be concordant with Christ's teachings. Perhaps I am wrong.

Concordant with Christ's teachings? I agree, perhaps you are wrong!

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And then Peter saith unto Him, "Lord, what of the United Nations?"

Jesus saith unto him, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Blessed are they who go round in circles, for they shall be called Big Wheels."

Upvote 0

two feathers

of the wilderness
Apr 22, 2002
A broken world
✟9,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yesterday at 01:26 AM Soldier_of _God said this in Post #1

:mad: im getting so sick and tierd of all this liberal anti american **** just goes to show you what ppl think of those who fought and died for under the AMERICAN FLAG its tiem to kick them out of this counrty if they dont like it here get the hell out and stay out

This seems to be the growing attitude of the red-blooded Christian-American.

Sad.

Upvote 0

D. Scarlatti

Jun 3, 2002
Earth
✟2,620.00
Faith
Atheist
Gerry said
Concordant with Christ's teachings? I agree, perhaps you are wrong!

Let's be clear here. This is the specific portion of the seminary's statement to which I was referring:

"God's people do not wave flags as the sign of conquest. We bear crosses as the sign of reconciliation," the statement said.

So, if I am wrong, how is the above not in keeping with Christ's message?

Upvote 0

coastie

Hallelujah Adonai Yeshua!
Apr 6, 2002
Central Valley of CA
Visit site
✟8,286.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I do not understand how displaying the US National Ensign on US soil could offend anyone? What do you expect?

Also, the US National Ensign is not displayed as a sign of conquest, it is a symbol of the country. A sign of conquest would be to display Sadams head on a post on the white house lawn.

Upvote 0

coastie

Apr 6, 2002
Central Valley of CA
Visit site
✟8,286.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You guys also can't be insensative to his frustration.

Think of all of the people from this country who died for this and other countries. Then think of the people who spit on the flag and hate what this country stands for.

You can understand his frustration.

I happen to also believe that if you live in a country that you hate, or are embarrassed of, you should move out of it. The same oges for anyone in any country that they hate.

We had one guy who used to post here who took our advice when he kept on saying how much he hated this country. He moved to Iceland, and I'm sure he's much happier now.

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
Well take a look at this coastie:
its tiem to kick them out of this counrty

That's what I had the biggest problem with. That reminds me a lot of the Trail of Tears of the native people, and the rounding up of Asian Americans into concentration camps after Pearl Harbor.

Upvote 0

coastie

Apr 6, 2002
Central Valley of CA
Visit site
✟8,286.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
No, Joe that was discrimination.

He's talking about people who hate this country anyway. He isn't basing it on their culture or ethnicity.

I don't advocate kicking anyone out of the country, except for those who hate it enough to cause it harm.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cenimo

Jesus Had A 12 Man A-Team
Mar 17, 2002
To your right
Visit site
✟10,182.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
humblejoe
the rounding up of Asian Americans into concentration camps after Pearl Harbor.

And herein lies the difference...
Many who were in those camps or had family in those camps went on to join the US Army and be assigned to the 442nd RCT (Regimental Combat Team) which is, to this day, the most highly decorated unit in US Army history.

The 442nd was made up largely of Nissei-Americans and was decorated for valor over and over again.

Upvote 0

two feathers

of the wilderness
Apr 22, 2002
A broken world
✟9,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today at 01:03 PM coastie said this in Post #28

Yes I can.

Someone who doesn't see eye to eye with a "conservative" Christian is almost always mislabeled liberal.

Someone who doesn't see eye to eye with a pro-war American is almost always mislabeled anti-American.

Someone who is "viewed" as not appreciating those who sacrificed their lives for freedom is always meet with the same cliche: love it or leave it, or in this case: "it's time to kick them out of this country. If they don't like it here, get the :eek: out and stay out.

These things, coupled with his deliberate use of profanities to exclamate his point, is frustration gone wild.

To announce ones self as a Soldier of God and then to allow ignorance to precede wisdom when stating an opinion does give me cause to be insensitive to his case.

Upvote 0

coastie

Apr 6, 2002
Central Valley of CA
Visit site
✟8,286.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
for the record, here's what I said:

I happen to also believe that if you live in a country that you hate, or are embarrassed of, you should move out of it. The same oges for anyone in any country that they hate.

We had one guy who used to post here who took our advice when he kept on saying how much he hated this country. He moved to Iceland, and I'm sure he's much happier now.

Here's what SOG said:

im getting so sick and tierd of all this liberal anti american **** just goes to show you what ppl think of those who fought and died for under the AMERICAN FLAG its tiem to kick them out of this counrty if they dont like it here get the hell out and stay out

And I went to his defense because I do not feel that he really meant this in as much anger as he stated it.

Two feathers, I agree, it could have been handled much better. But I wanted to discuss the issue itself rather than SoG's conduct.

Upvote 0

Aviyah

Shalom uv'rachah b'Yeshua
Jan 20, 2003
✟475.00
Faith
Messianic
God's people do not wave flags as the sign of conquest. We bear crosses as the sign of reconciliation," the statement said.

How can any Christian disagree with that?

it easy becasue if it was a flag of conquest why isnt the American flag flying over every city we have taken over in iraq?why were the troops told to take it down? sure doesnt seem liek a flag of conquest now does it?it s aflag representing a free counrty that my father, brothers, and now my nepfews are fighting underand countless others who have fought and died for

thats excatly whgren beretsat it is frustration yes i agree i could have come across in a diffrent way so i am human

Think of all of the people from this country who died for this and other countries. Then think of the people who spit on the flag and hate what this country stands for.

EXACLTLY my brother [ army green beret}was SPIT on when he came home from veitnam after surving in one of the worst battles HAMBERGER HILL, where hunderds of men went up and only a handfull made it back down just becasue some ppl at home didnt think they should be over there, you think he had a choice? just like the troops now in iraq do you think they had a choice? no they are doing what they are told

exactly

To announce ones self as a Soldier of God and then to allow ignorance to precede wisdom when stating an opinion does give me cause to be insensitive to his case.

frist of all who you are you to judge me as i said before i yes i could have come across a diffrent way but we all make mistakes but that dont give you a right to attack me so beter make sure your own back yard is cleaned up before you critizize someone else

And I went to his defense because I do not feel that he really meant this in as much anger as he stated it.

Thank you costie and yes you are right i diddent mean to show so much anger in which i responded its more fustration than anthing else
reason being is the followilng

famliy members who served under the flag r

father-Navy firefighter frist cllass ww2 -lost at sea for 1 week before found

brother - amry green berets- survived hamberger hill

brother us Airforce

adopted dad Us NAVY

nepfew army curently serving 1st cavalry division- infantry currently in iraq

nephew number two Us navy petty oficer second class

nefhew 3 currently srerving idaho army national garud - trainng to go to iraq
'
these ppl i mentioned fought or are fighting and others who fought and diead and are now serving deserve more than bieng spit on by someone who doesnt support the war

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

two feathers

of the wilderness
Apr 22, 2002
A broken world
✟9,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today at 03:05 PM Soldier_of _God said this in Post #34

frist of all who you are you to judge me as i said before i yes i could have come across a diffrent way but we all make mistakes but that dont give you a right to attack me so beter make sure your own back yard is cleaned up before you critizize someone else

Fair enough, SOG.

Just remember, you are a witness in all you say and do.

Upvote 0

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟37,952.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Today at 12:03 PM coastie said this in Post #28

You can understand his frustration.

You can hate (although it's still not a good idea to hate) a leader of a country, hate many of the things it does and stands for internationally and still love the country and all the good it stands for.  Those who hate thier country are, I assume, a tiney minority.  I have yet to ever meet someone who professed to hate thier country.  Nationalism can and usually is a good thing, however we should also remember that when nationalism becomes exclusionary it turns into Fascism. 

Upvote 0