Sister of Faith

{Guide us to the straight path[1:6]}
Jun 1, 2011
✟8,047.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
“The two feet of the son of Adam will not move from near his Lord on the Day of Judgement until he is asked about five (matters):
  1. about his life – how he spent it;
  2. about his youth – how he took care of it;
  3. about his wealth – how he earned it; and
  4. where he spent it; and
  5. about that which he acted upon from the knowledge that he acquired.”
[Hadith: at-Tirmidhi, As-Silsilah as-Sahihah #946]

I know that most of you don't believe in God (Allah) but,

IMAGINE that you were asked to answer these questions by someone, what will be your answer?

Umar ibn Al Khattab (may Allah be pleased with him) said: "Bring yourself to account before you are taken to account. Weigh your deeds before your deeds are weighed."

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
IMAGINE that you were asked to answer these questions by someone, what will be your answer?

Looking back at my life so far, I find that there were few wrong turns, and fewer regrets. (In fact, the detours were almost always worth it, providing valuable lessons that caused me to grow and mature.)

Upvote 0

Arthra

Baha'i
Feb 20, 2004
California
Visit site
✟71,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
The two feet of the son of Adam will not move from near his Lord on the Day of Judgement until he is asked about five (matters):

Dear Sister of Faith..

Thanks for sharing that...These are all very searching questions. There isn't a day that goes by that I ask myself some of these questions and the answers are sometimes filled with regret..may God in His mercy forgive me and overlook some of them. He is the Compassionate the Merciful.

Maybe every day is a Day of Judgement for us..

The Pen of Revelation exclaimeth: "On this Day the Kingdom is God's!" The Tongue of Power is calling: "On this Day all sovereignty is, in very deed, with God!" The Phoenix of the realms above crieth out from the immortal Branch: "The glory of all greatness belongeth to God, the Incomparable, the All-Compelling!"

The Mystic Dove proclaimeth from its blissful bower, in the everlasting Paradise: "The source of all bounty is derived, in this Day, from God, the One, the Forgiving!"

~ Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 35

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
“The two feet of the son of Adam will not move from near his Lord on the Day of Judgement until he is asked about five (matters):

I don't have very exciting answers.
I was born, went to school, played video games, watched cartoons, hung out with friends, and did chores for an allowance. I graduated college, got married, started working in my career, and had a daughter. Most of the income goes to typical living expenses and bills. When not working we spend our family time going on day trips to museums, aquariums, parks, playgrounds, libraries, and other similar activities deserving a one way ticket to eternal torture in damnation.

Reactions: Eudaimonist
Upvote 0

Sister of Faith

{Guide us to the straight path[1:6]}
Jun 1, 2011
✟8,047.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Doesn't it say in the Qur'an that Allah is the one responsible for division and wars strife) between Muslims, Christians and Jews? And that he actually has deceived some to believe lies so that they will not become Muslims? Thanks for answering.
Surely not,
Where it says that?

Upvote 0

TG123

Jul 1, 2006
somewhere
✟14,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I know that most of you don't believe in God (Allah) but,

Umar ibn Al Khattab (may Allah be pleased with him) said: "Bring yourself to account before you are taken to account. Weigh your deeds before your deeds are weighed."

These are good questions. Throughout His time on earth, Jesus spoke about the things that will matter to God... and the things that won't.

In Matthew 25:31-49, Jesus will ask people did they feed Him and shelter Him and look after Him when He was hungry and homeless and sick and in prison. How people answer will be depend on whether they go to heaven or hell.

In Luke 20:13-21, Jesus spoke of the true value of money and 'living the good life'.

13 Someone in the crowd said to him, "Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me." 14But he said to him, "Man, who made me a judge or arbitrator over you?" 15And he said to them, "Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness, for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions." 16And he told them a parable, saying, "The land of a rich man produced plentifully, 17and he thought to himself, 'What shall I do, for I have nowhere to store my crops?' 18And he said, 'I will do this: I will tear down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. 19And I will say to my soul, Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; relax, eat, drink, be merry.' 20But God said to him, 'Fool! This night your soul is required of you, and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?' 21So is the one who lays up treasure for himself and is not rich toward God."

John 14:6, Jesus talks about the importance of believing in Him.
6Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Upvote 0