Taranaki
✟81,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Guys. We have an event in our town called "Baldrics Big Day Out.". Me and 2 other men went to this event with flipcharts that tell the Gospel by doing one on one evangelism. This was my first time using a flipchart and so I had practised a lot before I went out (10-15 hours).
While doing this I was able to tell the Gospel to 40+ people. Out of these people, about 6 of them said that they need to start putting their faith in Christ and turn from their sin. But 2 of these people were really, really genuine. You could see an earnestness in them. This made me so happy.
There was also one man who was in his late 50's who looked a little bit rough, and I thought he was going to be a problem. I first showed him his sin and during this, he was getting angrier and angrier. I was feeling really nervous about how angry he was going to get. But then when I told him about the cross, he changed. He quietened down and then started to listen. And by the end of what I had to say, he was actually encouraging me. He told me that what I said actually made sense and that he needed to think seriously about it. I saw a major change in him. I have told the Gospel to quite a lot of people, and I have come across angry people before, but this was the first time I have ever seen the Gospel sink into an angry person. I felt such joy to see that God was working in him. It was amazing. I hope to see him again.
I also had one other person who goes to a local youth group who said he believed in God, but he was shocked when he heard the Gospel. He had never heard it in such a way. I could see a light flick on in him and he became excited. He finally had a proper understanding of what God did for us.
I also had a number of people who I spoke to, tell me that I needed to tell as many people as possible.
This was so encouraging.

One of the other men I went out with, who was only new to flipchart evangelism got a bit of a rough time though (second time using the flipchart and it had been a long time since his last time doing it). Right from the start, his first person was a trans person, and this person gave him grief and he struggled. In total, he had 3 trans people, and they were all a big issue. But he continued and he did not let it get to him. So, he done well.

The last person who was with us, is a bit of an old hand at this type of evangelism. He has been doing it for many years. He was able to speak to many people and they really enjoyed it.

So please, equip yourselves to share. Do not leave it up to your church to tell you how to do it. Learn. Write the Gospel out and memorize it. Watch on YouTube how other people do it. Learn.
If you love your neighbour as you love yourself, then you would do anything to save them. So, learn to share the Gospel.

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟81,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This how you do flipchart evangelism
Here are the pages I use (only 4) and the words I use. This is very effective, and you will get some really good responses.

So here it the first page:
Front Page.jpg

Hi there, would you like to try the good person test?" “OK”
“Great! Who would you say is the best person on this page? (Get response)
“Who would you say is the worst person? (Get response)
“If we were to ask Hitler if he thought he was a good person, what do you think he would have said?” (Get response)
"Do you think that you are a good person?” (Get response)
“OK. Let’s see if you are. These are some of the 10 Commandments”.

(Turn Page)
Sins.jpg

Point to the first square with the face/liar word
"What do you see here?" (Get response - usually "A face")
"This guy looks a little bit sad because he just got caught telling a lie. So, my question to you is, “How many lies have you told?" (Lots)
"And what do you call someone who lies?" (A liar)
"Now if you tilt your head sideways, you'll see this actually spells out a word. Take a look. What is it?” “Liar”
Point to the thief
"What is this guy doing?" (Steeling)
"Have you ever stolen something before? Maybe a pen, a small chocolate or a lolly. It does not matter about the value of it. It is more the act of it. So have you ever stolen?" (Get response)
“And what do you call someone who steals?" (Thief)
Point to the angry man
“This person here, he’s angry. You can see he is using Gods name in vain”.
“Have you ever used God’s name as a cuss word?” (Yes)
“Would you ever use your mother’s name as a cuss word? No. Why not? Not sure. It is because you respect your mum, and you love her. But you have taken the Holy name of God and used it in place of a filth word. It is called blasphemy.
Just one more to go.
Point to the fist
Have you ever hated someone? (No) What about, have you ever wanted to punch a person because the made you so angry?” (Yes)
Jesus said, if you hate someone, then you have murder in your heart. This shows Gods standards are much higher than ours. That hate is like a little seed and if you let it grow and grow it can become something very big. Then if you act upon it, you may do something you never though you would.
So, I’m not judging you, but from what you have said, you are a lying, thieving, blaspheming, murderer at heart. (Turn page)

IMG_0005.JPG

If God was to judge you on judgement day according to these standards, would you be found innocent or guilty? Guilty
Heaven or Hell? Heaven. “Well, the Bible says that the unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God. So, no liar, blasphemer, thief, or murderer will enter the Kingdom of heaven.
So, can you tell me what God did for guilty sinners so they would not end up in hell? No
(Turn to cross page)

1681596439949.jpeg

Well, God loves us so much that He sent his son to pay our fine. We’ve earned the death penalty because of our sins, but Jesus took our punishment by dying on the cross for us. So, you and I broke Gods law, the 10 Commandments, Jesus came and paid the fine.
It’s a bit like, if you are in a court of law and someone pays your fine, you can legally be set free. The Judge can say, “You’re guilty, but someone paid the fine, and you are out of here”. God paid the fine by sending his son, Jesus. He died, in your place, for your sin.
Does this make sense? Yes. It does.
Then after Jesus paid the fine, he defeated death and rose again. And now, we no longer have to come under condemnation. God can give us grace because of what Jesus did.
So, do you know what you need to do to be saved? No. Can you tell me?
To be saved, you need to do two things. First, you need to believe in the sacrifice that Jesus did for you, and then, you need to repent. That is to tell God how sorry you are and then turn from your sins. So, truly leave your sin.
If you do this, and you truly mean it, God can wash you clean and grant you everlasting life as a free gift.
So, the big question is, when do you think you’re going to put your faith in Jesus and turn from your sin? Not sure.
Well, this is about your eternity. None of us know when we are going to die. When crossing the road today, you could accidentally walk in front of a truck, and then you will be facing God at the Judgement. So, please think about what we have been talking about.
Now, here’s a million dollar note. Give them a million-dollar Gospel tract. Money Archives
On the back of it is a message worth more than a million dollars. It’s what we have been talking about. So, please, tonight when you go to bed, read it and think about it. This is about your eternity.
Thank you for taking part in the test.

This is another way of doing it. (I think the way I have set it up is a lot more effective):

Upvote 0

David Hunter

Be passionate about pursuing your purpose in life.
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟336,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is GREAT! Thanks for sharing and it sounds like you had a great response!

Where did you get your flip chart? I've downloaded the one from Living Waters but I haven't seen them sell ones that are ready to go. Or, did you get it from the video you shared (Looks like they only ship in Australia)?

Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟81,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I got it from Operation 513. This is only the mini version. I had a bigger one that was about 550mm x 650mm Mini Gospel Flipchart - 6 Page Version
They have run out of the full flipchart. But to be honest, I had to alter their one a lot and get new pages printed. So, it probably was not good value for money in the end. All you need is the 4 pages I show above. It is very well worth forking out the money as we had many people come just to have a look. We were probably one of the busiest stalls that were there. We had nearly no downtime.
I will be using this every second weekend as I do a BBQ in the middle of town.

Also, if you do this, get a camera stand or something like that to hold it. I use a tripod speaker stand.

Upvote 0

David Hunter

Be passionate about pursuing your purpose in life.
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟336,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks! Looks like shipping is only in Australia or New Zealand. I did a search online and found some in the States. I need to start looking for some groups who do the fairs this summer and get connected and get a flipchart.

Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟675,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's great to see people like you proclaiming the gospel! The flip chart seems like a great way to go, though it requires an assumption that God exists. How do you handle people who don't believe in God at all? That is; they can see that they aren't perfect, but don't believe in a judgement or heaven and hell. In other words they don't feel they need to be forgiven or saved. Keep up the good work!

Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟81,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's great to see people like you proclaiming the gospel! The flip chart seems like a great way to go, though it requires an assumption that God exists. How do you handle people who don't believe in God at all? That is; they can see that they aren't perfect, but don't believe in a judgement or heaven and hell. In other words they don't feel they need to be forgiven or saved. Keep up the good work!
In these circumstances, I just add an extra sentence using the word "if".
There are many people that say that they don't believe in God or judgement or Hell.
When they say that they are an atheist, I just change the wording a little. Normally I say, "So when God judges you on judgement day would you be innocent or guilty?", but for atheists, I say "If God were real, and He was to judge you on judgement day would you be innocent or guilty?" This allows me to continue to tell them the Gospel without too many arguments.
Out of the 40 people I spoke to the other day, only about 3 of them said that they did not believe that there was a God.
Many of people did say that they believed there is a creator, but they then make up their own God to suit themselves. A lot of them will say that God is loving and that He loves everyone and so therefore forgives everyone. I just then tell them that God is also just. And it would be wrong for Him to allow a murdered to go unpunished. They normally, then agree.
Using the flipchart, does help to keep things on track. So, most of the time, you do not need a lot of apologetics.

Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟675,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In these circumstances, I just add an extra sentence using the word "if".
There are many people that say that they don't believe in God or judgement or Hell.
When they say that they are an atheist, I just change the wording a little. Normally I say, "So when God judges you on judgement day would you be innocent or guilty?", but for atheists, I say "If God were real, and He was to judge you on judgement day would you be innocent or guilty?" This allows me to continue to tell them the Gospel without too many arguments.
Out of the 40 people I spoke to the other day, only about 3 of them said that they did not believe that there was a God.
Many of people did say that they believed there is a creator, but they then make up their own God to suit themselves. A lot of them will say that God is loving and that He loves everyone and so therefore forgives everyone. I just then tell them that God is also just. And it would be wrong for Him to allow a murdered to go unpunished. They normally, then agree.
Using the flipchart, does help to keep things on track. So, most of the time, you do not need a lot of apologetics.
Thank you for the thorough response, very helpful!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Inhocsigno

Dec 20, 2007
✟26,773.00
Faith
Lutheran
What a great technique for evangelizing, and just general communicating in public! One of our teachers pointed out how people are often visual in their learning, and where they might be reluctant to engage someone just preaching on a street corner handing out literature, visual images and puzzles will often get their attention. A few of the more established European missions have been doing this for a while in a few countries, we haven't really been up on it much ourselves but these examples and the video are worth giving it a closer look.

Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟81,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Looks a lot like what Ray Comfort does, without charts.
Yes. It is modelled on what he does. It is very simple and clear and the visual side of it helps them to understand.
I find it hard to approach a stranger and just start talking and so this makes it easy. Just ask them as they walk past if they want to try the Good Person Test. They can either say no and just carry on or they may stop. (You will find many will stop)
Also, if you memorize this style of evangelism, you can then use the same words for other ways of telling the Gospel. Just like Ray does when he goes up to strangers and says the Gospel. He has the same words. I also do evangelism in the parks, and I pretty much use the same wording, but I do it with chocolate to start the conversation.
So, if you memorize this way of evangelizing, it equips you to do it in several ways. You will be able to do flipchart evangelism, chocolate evangelism and 1 to 1 with a stranger like Ray.
So, print this wording off and memorize it. Equip yourself so that you can be a solder for Christ who is willing to go into the frontline and into battle.

Upvote 0