Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
First of all, sorry about the late reply. Thanks for getting back to me.

I really never considered that me being the bosses son would affect others judgement of me, and, now that it has been pointed out, i think it will help me understand the others better.

It is at that point where i am going to have to say something to them; though, it is difficult because sometimes they act 'nicely' to me and i forgive them for the previous behaviour.

as to the guidelines at work, its something i will have to suggest to my father if things ever become too much for me (or anyone else there).
It’s pretty much a given that many employees resent someone connected with the boss. They automatically assume you are in a position of privilege. Or you get the other types that try to glom on to you to open doors for themselves, etc. It’s a tricky position to be in.

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

jameshjr

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2021
Hinckley
✟63,697.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
One of them was a good friend and the other one no so much. Two different personalities. They didn't always get along.

i am fortunate in that respect, as i work with my brother and he is my favourite person.

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

jameshjr

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2021
Hinckley
✟63,697.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It’s pretty much a given that many employees resent someone connected with the boss. They automatically assume you are in a position of privilege. Or you get the other types that try to glom on to you to open doors for themselves, etc. It’s a tricky position to be in.

I've only ever been in the situation one before but i was 16 and the bosses son was one of my best friends.

thank you for your help with this though.

Is there anything that you (or anyone else) wanted an opinion about?

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello James,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

View attachment 295211

98636c6ee64925a19858f8a491d300d2.gif

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thank you for the message, Bella. As you say, the best thing to do is to not let myself lower to their behaviour; but it can be hard to bite my lip sometimes or to not believe their behaviour is justified.

Engagement will only feed their anger. When someone’s envious no measure of reason will work. Pray for wisdom and the Lord’s hand in your circumstances. Let Him dole out their correction.

i've also never thought that tey might be doing it either out of trying to move on up or that they might be threatened by me and it is something that i will keep an eye out for.

They want to be you. People demonstrate that through mimicry, flattery, or attack. All three can resent you. But the latter shows it.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

Upvote 0

jameshjr

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2021
Hinckley
✟63,697.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Engagement will only feed their anger. When someone’s envious no measure of reason will work. Pray for wisdom and the Lord’s hand in your circumstances. Let Him dole out their correction.

They want to be you. People demonstrate that through mimicry, flattery, or attack. All three can resent you. But the latter shows it.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

Hey Bella,

Thank you for your encouraging words. I will continue to pray for wisdom over this situation.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

jameshjr

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2021
Hinckley
✟63,697.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hello James
Welcome to the forums. Hope you will enjoy the fellowship and friendship here and will get some helpful feedback to your post.

Hello Anthony, thank you for the welcome message. it's been great so far.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Utagawa Aki

Feb 21, 2021
Hawaii
✟7,712.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Welcome, friend. I see that there are a lot of possibilities that can happen with this. Hopefully, there are people who are willing to develop a friendship. However, there are just some issues with being forced into friendship because of possible changes. But if you see that there are some aspects that can cause a bigger problem, might as well be cautious and think carefully about your decisions and actions. I wish you the best.

Upvote 0

jameshjr

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2021
Hinckley
✟63,697.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Welcome, friend. I see that there are a lot of possibilities that can happen with this. Hopefully, there are people who are willing to develop a friendship. However, there are just some issues with being forced into friendship because of possible changes. But if you see that there are some aspects that can cause a bigger problem, might as well be cautious and think carefully about your decisions and actions. I wish you the best.

Hey there, thanks for the message. I can’t see a friendship developing tbh. I’m going to stick with it for a while and see what develops. God bless.

Upvote 0

jameshjr

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2021
Hinckley
✟63,697.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
what will the signs be that will confirm for you that God is saying to move on?

Well i saw a sermon from Voddie Bauchman and he spoke about interpreting signs from God and said that it is an act of paganism, and i agree with him.

I think i'd have to find out what the bible says about Gods will and knowing what he wants us/me to do.

Though, i think a part of it would be that good things come from the work that you are doing; and i am not certain that too much good is coming from it; though sometimes i wonder if the competency and confidence i am gaining is enough to say that it is a good thing.

So to sum up, i'd say that it would be time to leave when it is obvious that bad is coming from me being there.

Do you have any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

Upvote 0

kvolm

Feb 28, 2018
SoCal
✟24,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well i saw a sermon from Voddie Bauchman and he spoke about interpreting signs from God and said that it is an act of paganism, and i agree with him.

I think i'd have to find out what the bible says about Gods will and knowing what he wants us/me to do.

Though, i think a part of it would be that good things come from the work that you are doing; and i am not certain that too much good is coming from it; though sometimes i wonder if the competency and confidence i am gaining is enough to say that it is a good thing.

So to sum up, i'd say that it would be time to leave when it is obvious that bad is coming from me being there.

Do you have any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

The Bible says a whole lot about God's will so that's a great approach. Here is an article that might also help you God's Will for My Life Part 3 of 3 - Focus on the Family Let me know what you think.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jameshjr

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2021
Hinckley
✟63,697.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: kvolm
Upvote 0

Jofes

Feb 22, 2021
Burns Lake
✟35,186.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm not a Christian, so you might want to ignore what follows.

Consider that there may be other options. Can you not have an open discussion with them? State that you are troubled by the tensions that exist. You would like to resolve differences so that, even if you never become friends, you can work together with mutual respect and courtesy. You are willing to do what it takes and seek their input.

That's one option. Others may occur to you if you open your mind to the possibilities.

At any rate, I wish you well with dealing with the situation.
How can an agnostic see with such clarity? This problem is simple. IiIiIiIiI eye, have this problem.
You are closer to the Lord than you might know.
Jofes

Upvote 0

Jofes

Feb 22, 2021
Burns Lake
✟35,186.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Hello,

My name is James and this is my first post on the forum. I have been a christian for almost a year now.

I have to say that i have signed up so that i could receive some help with a problem i am facing.

I have a job working for my fathers business. I know that if my Dad was not the boss, then i would not be working there, and would not last there if i did.

My co-workers do not like me. I have worked there for over two years and they did not like me even before i turned to God, so this is not the reason that they do not like me.

I have for the most part been okay with their dislike and have been able to- mostly- brush of their 'attacks' on me; however, recently a young ish lad ( a family friend) started working for us, and in the beginning he was often with me and we got on quite well; however, recently he has been working with the other two lads whom really dislike me and i have begun to notice that he is becoming increasingly disrespectful towards me.

I have been torn over how to handle this.

As i grow in the faith, i become stronger in Gods word, and feel as though, i could stand up for myself through Christ.

However, no one else in the business is saved, and i feel like becoming vocally righteous against them would create a lot of tension; which would in turn put stress onto my father whom would have to take a side; and i do not want to be a reason for his business being affected negatively.

As i said, in the past, i have been content to go along with things and not add to drama or create drama; however, it is becoming harder and harder.

For example, can i just smile and go along with the pretense of 'friendship' when i have genuine cause to be angry with them? Or do i take a stand, risk isolating myself, and cause difficulty and ill-feeling throughout the work force?

So should i go along with them? or make a stand against them, regardless of the cost?

Any thoughts and advice would be welcome,

Many thanks,

James.

James May I ask some personal questions:
Why you list your faith as Protestant?
How old are you?
Why are you not married?
Do you live alone?

Upvote 0