Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Does anybody here do that? I was thinking about starting First Saturday cause Our Lady requested it at Fatima, and with the Russian consecration happening I felt like it's important to do it. I've been lax in getting it started but I figured my trip home would be a good time to do it cause I could go out to the Trappist abbey and do it there.

My mom wants to join me so I'm going to teach her to pray the rosary with a gift I'm bringing her (my wife wanted to give my mom the rosary she walked down the aisle with in lieu of a bouquet). Hopefully the gift and learning to pray the rosary itself moves my mom's spirit and maybe compels her to seek out the Church. That's for another time though.

It's my understanding we can start the First Saturdays observance at any time, but there are five of them to do.

We must:

1. Go to Confession
2. Receive Holy Communion on the first Saturday
3. Pray the rosary at some point during the day
4. Meditate on at least one of the mysteries for 15 minutes​

According to marian.org they are:

First: blasphemies against the Immaculate Conception

Second: against her Virginity

Third: against the Divine Maternity, refusing, at the same time, to receive her as the Mother of mankind

Fourth: those who seek publicly to implant, in the hearts of children, indifference, disrespect, and even hate for this Immaculate Mother

Fifth: those who revile her directly in her sacred images

Has anyone else done this already/so far? If not, does anyone wanna join me in spirit starting tomorrow? I'll probably do it around 10-11am pacific time, so it'll be about 12-1 in the midwest and 1-2 on the east coast.

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Today will be the 3 out of 5 for me
Getting ready for Mass right now :)

also our Lady asked for the Pope along with all the bishops of the world to consecrate Russia at the same time, I think the popes consecration was good but not all the bishops were ordered to do it with him, they were invited to but it was not really done

Upvote 0