First Easter without my husband

grace2014

Jun 11, 2014
✟8,026.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Easter is about the resurrection of my Savior and I celebrate today but I miss my husband so much. It's been 3 months since his passing but it still feels like yesterday. My support group of family and friends is dwindling as they move on with their lives. My son lives with me but he doesn't like talking about his dad because it's hard for him and he's trying to move on with his life. My daughter and son in law have been spending the nights here but are slowing trying to get me use to their move back home. They now spend a couple of nights at their place. I know they need to get on with their lives but it's so hard because everyone is moving on with their life except me. Being married to the love of my life for 37 years is not an easy thing to let go of. God is with me always but I still miss my husband. I miss doing life with him. I just need to tell someone. Thanks for listening.

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm so sorry for your loss, the holidays can make that kind of grief worse. I remember I lost my brother just before Thanksgiving. His wife and kids were in town for the funeral so I had to cook dinner but the stove went out. Well, I had to get another stove from the other side of the double. As I'm dragging thing thing through the leaves in the dark I was trying to think of something to be thankful for, well I thought, at least it's not the refrigerator. The little joke helped a little but I still think about the days following the funeral every Thanksgiving.

17 years, that's a lot of time to spend with someone your in love with to lose them. My heart goes out to you, we live in hope and the anxious expectation of the soon return of our Savior, to join those who went before us.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Grace... I knew a woman that was a grandmother. Had SO MUCH power of God.. she prayed 4+hours a day.. was a mother to me. When her husband passed she said to me one day.. Danny the lord told me I will be your husband...He knows the lose and the pain.. and He is the ONLY one that can fill it. I do not know this kind of lose nor can I imagine.

Allow Him to fill all those missing areas...praying for you..

Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Mine passed in 2005. I still miss him! When it was only a few months, I missed him much more, so I do understand. I sent you HUGS and prayers. When others are moving on, it is a good idea to be with other widows who understand (widowers too). Is there a support group in your area for them?

• Friendly
Reactions: grace2014
Upvote 0

grace2014

Jun 11, 2014
✟8,026.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't have the words you might need at this time... but I'll sure pray for you.
Thank you for (
I'm so sorry for your loss, the holidays can make that kind of grief worse. I remember I lost my brother just before Thanksgiving. His wife and kids were in town for the funeral so I had to cook dinner but the stove went out. Well, I had to get another stove from the other side of the double. As I'm dragging thing thing through the leaves in the dark I was trying to think of something to be thankful for, well I thought, at least it's not the refrigerator. The little joke helped a little but I still think about the days following the funeral every Thanksgiving.

17 years, that's a lot of time to spend with someone your in love with to lose them. My heart goes out to you, we live in hope and the anxious expectation of the soon return of our Savior, to join those who went before us.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Mark, thank you for sharing your story. It made me smile. Thinking of something to be thankful does help.

Upvote 0

grace2014

Jun 11, 2014
✟8,026.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't have the words you might need at this time... but I'll sure pray for you.
Thank you for (

Grace and peace,
Mark

Mark, thank you for sharing your story. It made me smile. Thinking of something to be thankful does help.
Grace... I knew a woman that was a grandmother. Had SO MUCH power of God.. she prayed 4+hours a day.. was a mother to me. When her husband passed she said to me one day.. Danny the lord told me I will be your husband...He knows the lose and the pain.. and He is the ONLY one that can fill it. I do not know this kind of lose nor can I imagine.

I'm not sure if I'm using this forum correctly, but when I click on "Reply" to the person who commented on my thread it lumps together all my replies.

Blade, I need filling of the Holy Spirit quite often. I can feel God's peace then a short while later I'm empty again. Thank you for praying.

Upvote 0

grace2014

Jun 11, 2014
✟8,026.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for (

Grace and peace,
Mark

I'm not sure if I'm using this forum correctly, but when I click on "Reply" to the person who commented on my thread it lumps together all my replies.

Blade, I need filling of the Holy Spirit quite often. I can feel God's peace then a short while later I'm empty again. Thank you for praying.
Mine passed in 2005. I still miss him! When it was only a few months, I missed him much more, so I do understand. I sent you HUGS and prayers. When others are moving on, it is a good idea to be with other widows who understand (widowers too). Is there a support group in your area for them?

Spirit song, it helps to know that someone has been through this and understands. There is a group but I haven't tried it yet. Thank you for your hugs and prayers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Easter is about the resurrection of my Savior and I celebrate today but I miss my husband so much. It's been 3 months since his passing but it still feels like yesterday. My support group of family and friends is dwindling as they move on with their lives. My son lives with me but he doesn't like talking about his dad because it's hard for him and he's trying to move on with his life. My daughter and son in law have been spending the nights here but are slowing trying to get me use to their move back home. They now spend a couple of nights at their place. I know they need to get on with their lives but it's so hard because everyone is moving on with their life except me. Being married to the love of my life for 37 years is not an easy thing to let go of. God is with me always but I still miss my husband. I miss doing life with him. I just need to tell someone. Thanks for listening.
Sympathies...

Hebrews 12.2

Upvote 0