Florida, USA
✟7,923.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Catholic church is about to make the first Native American saint. After a small boy was stricken with a flesh eating bacteria, and his family prayed to a 17th century Native American woman named Kateri Tekakwitha, they attributed his "miraculous recovery" to her.

Now surely the Doctors who battled with modern medicine to save his life had nothing to do with it....let's give all the credit to a dead 17th century Native American woman. It's not like the doctors did anything, other than administer drugs to kill the bacteria, used medical equipment to keep him alive, and used skin grafts to help to reconstruct most of his face.

Warning: Some of the pictures in his heart breaking story are graphic
Jake Finkbonner's survival of flesh-eating bacteria declared a miracle by pope | Mail Online

Last edited:

Miami Marlins 2012

A critical thinker in a world of superstition
Dec 4, 2011
Florida, USA
✟7,923.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well I think its already established that the catholic church is.. well lets just say they have serious issues and will do anything to distract people from it.

I wonder who the Saint of children is, because he needs to get fired and they need to appoint someone else to it. I wonder if they can fire a Saint that sleeps on the job?

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I wonder who the Saint of children is, because he needs to get fired and they need to appoint someone else to it. I wonder if they can fire a Saint that sleeps on the job?

I think St. Nicholas is considered to be the patron saint of children. Maybe his Christmas duties take too much of his time all year. It does make one wonder why he allowed the kid to get so sick in the first place.

Upvote 0