United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Any one have a fire pit?

Here is something I put together for sitting around it.

With the lighting of this fire,
I turn my attention to the Living Light of love and consciousness.

Scripture tells us,
“Let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire.”(Hebrews 1:7, 12:28
“He makes winds his messengers, flames of fire his servants.”)(Psalm 104:4)

And,
“The Lord spoke to you face to face out of the fire on the mountain.” (Deuteronomy 5:4)
“There the angel of the Lord appeared to Moses in flames of fire from within a bush.” (Exodus 3:2)
“Is not my word like fire,” declares the Lord, “and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces? (Jerimiah 23:92)

Father, In Christ you share the light of your glory and the warmth of your love.
“The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire.” (Revelation 1:14)

May his light inspire, illuminate, and purify our minds.
He said, “I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! (Luke 12:49)
“He will baptize with the Holy Spirit and fire.” (Matthew 3:11)

As this fire burns, may it imprint on my soul all that it symbolizes.
Beginning with you, O God, the source of all that exists.
Blessed are you who have created and enlightened the world.
Enlighten me and inflame my heart with your love.
May this fire be holy as it ignites new hope within me.

This fire is Christ, the inextinguishable light who came into the world.
This fire is the sacrifice of his life, death and resurrection,
calling us to transformation and purity and new life

This fire is my own sacrifice, my own process of purgation,
aligning my ego, cleansing my will and offering myself.

This fire unites me to you, your act of creation and all creatures
who have been warmed and guided by you.
As Moses was guided by a pillar of fire by night, (Exodus 13:21)
As Elijah called down fire to consume offering,
“Then the fire of the Lord fell and burned up the sacrifice, the wood, the stones and the soil, and also licked up the water in the trench.” (1 kings 18:38)

This fire is the Holy Spirit descending on those closest to Jesus with gifts of empowerment.
“They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them.” (Acts 2:3)

This fire is my own inner work and transformation.
This fire is my stretching of self.
This fire is my desire and aspiration.
This fire is my love and my heart.
This fire is the core of my being.
This fire is my self giving, my kenosis, my outpouring.

This fire is revelation and testing. “It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work.” (1 Corinthians 3:13)

In humility and transparency I make this offering of my self and ask your blessing, O sacred fire of life within.

Sabri

Pentecostal -Apostolic
Nov 20, 2022
Mo
✟32,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Married
Any one have a fire pit?

Scripture tells us,
“Let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire.”(Hebrews 1:7, 12:28

And,
“The Lord spoke to you face to face out of the fire on the mountain.” (Deuteronomy 5:4)
“There the angel of the Lord appeared to Moses in flames of fire from within a bush.” (Exodus 3:2)
“Is not my word like fire,” declares the Lord, “and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces? (Jerimiah 23:92)

Father, In Christ you share the light of your glory and the warmth of your love.
“The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire.” (Revelation 1:14)

He said, “I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! (Luke 12:49)

“Then the fire of the Lord fell and burned up the sacrifice, the wood, the stones and the soil, and also licked up the water in the trench.” (1 kings 18:38)

This fire is the Holy Spirit descending on those closest to Jesus with gifts of empowerment.
“They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them.” (Acts 2:3)

This fire is revelation and testing. “It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work.” (1 Corinthians 3:13)

In humility and transparency I make this offering of my self and ask your blessing, O sacred fire of life within.
Not biblical a fire ritual. It sounds demonic. Think about the fire of the Holy Spirit

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Any one have a fire pit?

Scripture tells us,

And,

"Fire" is almost always to do with judgement. The Holy Spirit appeared to be tongues of fire. He was not fire at that time. He will be the consuming fire one day, but we've seen nothing yet. That fire has yet to be kindled. Those who seek fire need to realise what they are asking for. I seek mercy and grace myself!

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Fire" is almost always to do with judgement. The Holy Spirit appeared to be tongues of fire. He was not fire at that time. He will be the consuming fire one day, but we've seen nothing yet. That fire has yet to be kindled. Those who seek fire need to realise what they are asking for. I seek mercy and grace myself!
A fire pit is a good place to be reminded.

I think also that many Christians do not fully realize or accept that their faith entails a cross, repentance and transformation. No picnic.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Any one have a fire pit?

Scripture tells us,

And,

A fire pit is a good place to be reminded.

I think also that many Christians do not fully realize or accept that their faith entails a cross, repentance and transformation. No picnic.
Decades ago I asked God to make things hard for me so that I would know where I was spiritually. One of dumbest things I've ever said or done. I lost my job, finances fell apart as a result and I was utterly miserable. The trial passed eventually.

About 10 years later, I was in real trouble. I remembered the Lord's prayer: "Lead me not into hard testing but deliver me from evil". The moment I spoke those words, the answer to the problem came. The Lord said to me that I should have prayed that 10 years before, not ask to be tested.

Be careful what you ask for. You might get it.

Upvote 0