StillBelieve

Jul 19, 2014
USA
✟7,707.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That leads me to believe you've made up your mind and aren't open to discussion, so it puzzles me that you would even bring it up, or try to contribute to the thread. I'm not saying you shouldn't, but we are here to discuss things and grow, even if we don't agree with each other. Please reconsider your position that you are not willing to discuss varying points of view.

Yes, Ive "made up my mind" about Gods Word. Period. What HE says goes.
You'll get no argument from me on that! And why in the world would I "need" to discuss other peoples varying interpretations of Gods Word? I just simply take it for what it says. thats all. I don't try to make it into something else.
I have been accused of being "legalistic", etc, and if thats what I get for
sticking to Gods Word for exactly what it says, Oh well. What can I say?
I just feel better, and safer if I just accept it for what it says.
I dont understand why thats so hard for other people to understand.

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
And theres really nothing that you can "help" me with.

Then what was the purpose of your post? It sounds to me like you are asking if God has someone for you. If there's nothing we can help you with, then why even ask?

I'm also curious now why you are so defensive about it. You could have said the exact same thing, you did say the exact same thing in the post of. Secondly, like DW, I don't understand why you are even bringing it up if you are refusing to discuss things, if you are willing to discuss things, you don't belong on an internet forum.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RobertMerton

Veteran
Mar 19, 2005
Internet
✟17,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Here it is in black and white! People can either accept Gods Word for what it says, or make excuses to "re-word" Gods Word so they don't have to
follow it. The choice is up to each individual. I won't argue about Gods Word and what it says, so please do not argue these scriptures. If you don't like what you read, then please just keep it to yourself.

Matthew 5:32 ESV /
But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Matthew 19:9 ESV /

And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.”

Romans 7:2 ESV

For a married woman is bound by law to her husband while he lives, but if her husband dies she is released from the law of marriage.

Mark 10:11 ESV

And he said to them, “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her,

1 Corinthians 7:11 ESV

(but if she does, she should remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband), and the husband should not divorce his wife.

1 Corinthians 7:10-11

To the married I give this charge (not I, but the Lord): the wife should not separate from her husband (but if she does, she should remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband), and the husband should not divorce his wife.

Romans 7:3 ESV /

Accordingly, she will be called an adulteress if she lives with another man while her husband is alive. But if her husband dies, she is free from that law, and if she marries another man she is not an adulteress.

Luke 16:18 ESV / 4 helpful votes

“Everyone who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery, and he who marries a woman divorced from her husband commits adultery.

Mark 10:12 ESV / 4 helpful votes

And if she divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery.”

I agree with you.
That's what the bible says.
It is very very clear.

People can jump up and down saying how 'legalistic' someone can be, but that is what the word is, and it is black and white.

If I were to get divorced, would I still want to re-marry?
Yes. and I would probably be the first people jumping up and down saying that it is 'legalistic'. But I know deep down in my heart that it would have been a sin.. and I would probably try and justify it in some way or another (like saying how we are saved by Grace and not legalism)

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
I agree with you.
That's what the bible says.
It is very very clear.

People can jump up and down saying how 'legalistic' someone can be, but that is what the word is, and it is black and white.

If I were to get divorced, would I still want to re-marry?
Yes. and I would probably be the first people jumping up and down saying that it is 'legalistic'. But I know deep down in my heart that it would have been a sin.. and I would probably try and justify it in some way or another (like saying how we are saved by Grace and not legalism)

It's one thing to say "it's a sin", it's another to say that and act like it's unforgivable, which is what I mean by legalistic.

Upvote 0

sehnsucht9

Sep 1, 2014
✟15,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I believe that there is no "the one". The one is the person you marry. You're choosing that person to be your " one " for life.

Divorce happens, sadly,but as I understand there are biblical grounds for remarriage such as adultery. But I'll leave it to someone smarter than I to expand on that.

Upvote 0