Aug 28, 2010
Canada
✟7,666.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi :)

I've been a spiritual person for a long time. I believe there is something more to life.
I've never been formally religious, and I don't quite know where I fit in the different Christian denominations.
If anyone could please take a few minutes out of their time and explain to me the major differences, that would be wonderful. I am looking for a religion that is welcoming and I can be a part of. Most people I know who are devoted Christians are very happy people, and I would love to be one of them.
Thank you to anyone who bothered to read this :wave:

Reactions: puppetmaster

Asvin

Legend
Aug 13, 2010
✟32,434.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Welcome to CF. It is totally fine that you haven't found your religion yet. I suggest you read the Holy Bible because it is the most beautiful book that has ever been created. I guarantee you will feel something special while you read it. As for the major comparisons, check on this link:

Comparison Charts of Christian Denominations - ReligionFacts

Hope that clears up some doubts. Don't be afraid to ask more questions. We will be happy to answer :)

Upvote 0

pilgrimgal

Jeremiah 29:11 It's good!
Apr 9, 2006
USA
✟25,368.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hi :)

I've been a spiritual person for a long time. I believe there is something more to life.
I've never been formally religious, and I don't quite know where I fit in the different Christian denominations.
If anyone could please take a few minutes out of their time and explain to me the major differences, that would be wonderful. I am looking for a religion that is welcoming and I can be a part of. Most people I know who are devoted Christians are very happy people, and I would love to be one of them.
Thank you to anyone who bothered to read this :wave:

Welcome to ChristianForums! As you explore the many sections..you will find many answers. Thanks for the introduction.

Upvote 0

Krissy Cakes

Site Supporter
Aug 5, 2008
Idaho
✟91,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LvdBfly-Welcome.gif

Hi I’m Kristina, I’m a CF Angel and I’d like to welcome you to the forums
wave.gif

I know that at first glance this forum may seem huge, but don’t worry, it seems that way now, but the more you explore, the smaller it gets (honest
wink.gif
).
In the meantime, here are a few links that you may find useful.
New Members Intros why not come and introduce yourself (I promise we don’t bite
biggrin.gif
).
Once you’ve done that, why not get the feel of how to post by playing some games in the
Blessings Exchange or Recreation Room.
After that you could have a look at one of the below links, I’m sure that you’ll find something to interest you
biggrin.gif

Whether you are 13 or 100 there is a forum here for you-
Life Stages Forum
Whichever denomination you are there is a place full of like-minded people here-
Congregation Forum
If you are looking for a deeper Christian experience or wish to look more in depth into the Christian faith-
Edification
If you would like to request prayer, or say prayers for others (which is always much appreciated) go to the
Prayer Room
If you have any questions about your faith or Christianity in general, I can recommend the

It's a great forum to be able to talk to a Chaplain and be
anonymous
thumbsup.gif

Ask A Chaplain team
A lot of questions about the forums (blessings, reputation, jobs, bank, avatars etc) can be answered in the
Christian Forums Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any problems at all feel free to visit
Angel HQ
I hope you enjoy your time here and I look forward to seeing you around the forums in the future.
hug.gif
angel.gif
wave.gif
angel.gif
wave.gif
angel.gif
hug.gif

Upvote 0

Krissy Cakes

Site Supporter
Aug 5, 2008
Idaho
✟91,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Rick Kirkham

New Relationship
Sep 1, 2010
Honolulu, HI
Visit site
✟15,162.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have a feeling if you listen and let it happen you will find the right faith for you.

For me it was not just the faith but the right church. Being a new guy myself I didn't want to get overwhelmed.

So, after my first business-fellowship meeting my wife asks me if I want to try going to church. Well it had been over 41 years since I had stepped into a church. After the martial artist in me accepted the challenge of stepping into two new areas for me in such a short period of time, I agreed.

It seems my good wife had already been researching some churches. She picked a small congregation for me in Manoa Valley. She was already aware that I am slightly claustaphobic and for such a new thing didn't want me to get overwhelmed.

For a new guy it turned out to be a great choice. I love and learn from the fellowship at breakfast and lunch before and after the sermon as much as I do during the positive sermon itself.

I guess my advice would be to pick the right church as well as the right faith.

Rick

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums