North Alabama
✟16,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 13 has a special place in my heart. It's where I began to see, to perceive the kingdom and the Spirit. It opened my eyes and began discernment. The verses start off with these:

And he told them many things in parables, saying: “A sower went out to sow. And as he sowed, some seeds fell along the path, and the birds came and devoured them. (Matthew 13:3-4 ESV)

For truly, I say to you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it. (Matthew 13:17 ESV)

This highlights the importance of this scripture. They longed to see and hear this, another perspective is perhaps to open one's sight and one’s hearing in accordance to a purpose.

When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart. This is what was sown along the path. (Matt 13:19 ESV)

So, Jesus speaks plainly. The Kingdom of heaven is 'likened unto" man's heart where His understanding is planted and is grown and produces a harvest. Also, this shows that the 'birds of the air' and the 'evil one' are intertwined and they apparently have authority to take understanding from one's heart.

He put another parable before them, saying, “The kingdom of heaven is like a grain of mustard seed that a man took and sowed in his field. It is the smallest of all seeds, but when it has grown it is larger than all the garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and make nests in its branches.” (Matthew 13:31 ESV)

The mustard seed shows up twice in scripture, here, explaining understanding and another time when explaining faith. The smallest of understandings grow in to trees, the smallest of faith can move mountains. One might begin to believe that this is intertwined with bearing fruit, perhaps a later discussion.

Again, ‘birds of the air’ are shown but this time they are inhabiting the branches, making nests. We know in the previous parable that these birds are the enemy and the seed is understanding.

What are they doing in the branches of the understanding that He has given and planted in the heart of man? Why do they have nests? It’s like there are strongholds created in the understanding of what God has planted. Manipulating the tree, stealing from it, destroying it so the tree never bears fruit and, if possible, for them to kill said tree. Does not the enemy steal, kill and destroy?

The birds of the air may fly overhead but you do not have to allow them to inhabit your branch. How do they inhabit?

You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons. You cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons. (1 Corinthians 10:21 ESV)

They can only inhabit if agreement is made. Let us look at this matter more closely.

But the people did not receive him, because his face was set toward Jerusalem. And when his disciples James and John saw it, they said, “Lord, do you want us to tell fire to come down from heaven and consume them?” But He turned and rebuked them, and said, “You do not know what manner of spirit you are of. For the Son of Man did not come to destroy men’s lives but to save them.” And they went to another village. (Luke 9:53-56 NKJV)

Perhaps thru anger, they expected the village to be destroyed; His disciples didn’t know what spirit they were of.

And Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him, saying, “Far be it from you, Lord! This shall never happen to you.” But he turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a hindrance to me. For you are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of man.” (Matt 16:22-23 ESV)

Jesus wasn’t trying to be funny and make a joke. He identified the specific spirit, Satan, that moved in Peter who would later move in Judas to betray Him. An agreement came within Peter and manifested because he ‘set his mind on the things of man’. Please keep in mind that these were His followers, they walked with Him daily. Loved and obeyed Him. Walked away from their families and past lives to gain a new life with Him. Yes, the Holy Spirit was not given yet, but again, Jesus was with them. Let’s test this though according to your heart.

Let me ask you something deeper now. Do you think that a born-again believer that has the Holy Spirit, can have a spirit of anger, of despair, or of confusion? If your answer is no, that these are just emotions, that I can’t have a spirit of anger, despair or confusion. Then I have another question for you. How do you practice your warfare? In flesh or in the Spirit? It has everything to do with what you put your hand to or allow God to put His hand to. If it is an emotion, then you will put your hand to it, but if it is Spirit, then only God’s hand may be put to it. A simple question is made, who delivers man? Is it you hand, or by Spirit?

We have defense, found in an identity thru Christ, I just wished many more had eyes that see and with ears to hear. His word is so precious to me, how can one look away and not be transformed by it? His word pierces the division between soul and spirit. (Hebrews 4:12)

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. (1 John 4:1)

What do you see? I am interested in all types of responses. Am I wrong? Perhaps too basic, are there higher points to be discussed? Points afterwards that I have not seen yet?

Thank you for your time!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Mr. M

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Matthew 13 has a special place in my heart. It's where I began to see, to perceive the kingdom and the Spirit. It opened my eyes and began discernment. The verses start off with these:

When the Lord first called me to receive and present short lessons and devotionals,
He gave me this scripture to provide my anointing, for "no word from God is without power".

Matthew 13:52 Then He said to them, Therefore every scribe instructed concerning
the kingdom of heaven is like a householder who brings out of his treasure new and old.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And he told them many things in parables, saying: “A sower went out to sow. And as he sowed, some seeds fell along the path, and the birds came and devoured them. (Matthew 13:3-4 ESV)

For truly, I say to you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it. (Matthew 13:17 ESV)

This highlights the importance of this scripture. They longed to see and hear this, another perspective is perhaps to open one's sight and one’s hearing in accordance to a purpose.

When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart. This is what was sown along the path. (Matt 13:19 ESV)

So, Jesus speaks plainly. The Kingdom of heaven is 'likened unto" man's heart where His understanding is planted and is grown and produces a harvest. Also, this shows that the 'birds of the air' and the 'evil one' are intertwined and they apparently have authority to take understanding from one's heart.

He put another parable before them, saying, “The kingdom of heaven is like a grain of mustard seed that a man took and sowed in his field. It is the smallest of all seeds, but when it has grown it is larger than all the garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and make nests in its branches.” (Matthew 13:31 ESV)

The mustard seed shows up twice in scripture, here, explaining understanding and another time when explaining faith. The smallest of understandings grow in to trees, the smallest of faith can move mountains. One might begin to believe that this is intertwined with bearing fruit, perhaps a later discussion.

Again, ‘birds of the air’ are shown but this time they are inhabiting the branches, making nests. We know in the previous parable that these birds are the enemy and the seed is understanding.

What are they doing in the branches of the understanding that He has given and planted in the heart of man? Why do they have nests? It’s like there are strongholds created in the understanding of what God has planted. Manipulating the tree, stealing from it, destroying it so the tree never bears fruit and, if possible, for them to kill said tree. Does not the enemy steal, kill and destroy?

The birds of the air may fly overhead but you do not have to allow them to inhabit your branch. How do they inhabit?

You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons. You cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons. (1 Corinthians 10:21 ESV)

They can only inhabit if agreement is made. Let us look at this matter more closely.

But the people did not receive him, because his face was set toward Jerusalem. And when his disciples James and John saw it, they said, “Lord, do you want us to tell fire to come down from heaven and consume them?” But He turned and rebuked them, and said, “You do not know what manner of spirit you are of. For the Son of Man did not come to destroy men’s lives but to save them.” And they went to another village. (Luke 9:53-56 NKJV)

Perhaps thru anger, they expected the village to be destroyed; His disciples didn’t know what spirit they were of.

And Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him, saying, “Far be it from you, Lord! This shall never happen to you.” But he turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a hindrance to me. For you are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of man.” (Matt 16:22-23 ESV)

Jesus wasn’t trying to be funny and make a joke. He identified the specific spirit, Satan, that moved in Peter who would later move in Judas to betray Him. An agreement came within Peter and manifested because he ‘set his mind on the things of man’. Please keep in mind that these were His followers, they walked with Him daily. Loved and obeyed Him. Walked away from their families and past lives to gain a new life with Him. Yes, the Holy Spirit was not given yet, but again, Jesus was with them. Let’s test this though according to your heart.

Let me ask you something deeper now. Do you think that a born-again believer that has the Holy Spirit, can have a spirit of anger, of despair, or of confusion? If your answer is no, that these are just emotions, that I can’t have a spirit of anger, despair or confusion. Then I have another question for you. How do you practice your warfare? In flesh or in the Spirit? It has everything to do with what you put your hand to or allow God to put His hand to. If it is an emotion, then you will put your hand to it, but if it is Spirit, then only God’s hand may be put to it. A simple question is made, who delivers man? Is it you hand, or by Spirit?

We have defense, found in an identity thru Christ, I just wished many more had eyes that see and with ears to hear. His word is so precious to me, how can one look away and not be transformed by it? His word pierces the division between soul and spirit. (Hebrews 4:12)

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. (1 John 4:1)

What do you see? I am interested in all types of responses. Am I wrong? Perhaps too basic, are there higher points to be discussed? Points afterwards that I have not seen yet?

Thank you for your time!
Dear one,
You ask :
“Let me ask you something deeper now. Do you think that a born-again believer that has the Holy Spirit, can have a spirit of anger, of despair, or of confusion? ”

Anger is an emotion that is of the soul not of the spirit. This is what we have heard :
for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God. -James 1:20

So when we were angry, and we were wrong. We need to go and be reconciled with others and seek the Lord’s mercy so that we will come back to His grace.

As for despair is a spirit or a spirit of despair or a faint spirit or a spirit of heaviness. That spirit of despair is not of the Lord or the Holy Spirit, as we heard in Isaiah 61:3. So we are told to make a stand and rebuke the spirit of despair in the mighty name of the Lord and seek refuge in the Lord, as we are told in
James 4:7

As for confusion, it happens at the mind or called confusing thoughts. So confusion is happening in the soul or mind. Likewise, we take every thought captive to obey Christ, as we heard in 2 Corinthians 10:3-6.

In regard to born again believer, this is what we have heard we are instructed :

For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. -Romans 8:5 ESV
For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. -Romans 8:6 ESV

For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot. -Romans 8:7 ESV

So dear one, as born again believers, we have to offer or set our minds on the things of the Spirit. But there are those born again believers who have not set their mind on the things of the Spirit and instead, set their minds on the things of the flesh. If they continued to set their minds on the flesh, they will find themselves unable to do things that God commands and the wrath of God remains on them, as we heard in John 3:36.

That is why apostle Paul said to born again believers:
For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. -Romans 8:13

So we can consider that born again believers who have not their minds ruled by the Holy Spirit, their minds follow the thoughts of man not of the Holy Spirit.

That is why we heard the Lord Himself said :
"I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. -John 15:1
Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. -John 15:2

So every born again believers who are united in Christ but does not the fruit of repentance, the Father takes away.

That is why John the Baptist have said :
Bear fruit in keeping with repentance. -Matthew 3:8

Upvote 0

David Lowery

May 15, 2021
North Alabama
✟16,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There once was a couple, a man and his wife, that set out to a foreign country as missionaries and established a church there and began preaching the gospel. Soon after they built the church, a dove came and made it's nest in the roof of the church. The couple was guided by the knowledge that man establishes things that are temporary, and that what man himself establishes with his own hand has beginning and an end but what God establishes, He establishes eternally. They were not there to establish a physical building forever, they were there to establish God's Kingdom in the hearts of man there forever. They understood this and prayed constantly for Him to bless their ministry for an anointing to cover their church. The couple was so pleased with this, they took it as a sign that God had His hand involved with building the church and sent the dove as a physical way of showing His blessing. Time passes by while the dove looked over their church and their ministry was blessed and grew but then disagreements grew as well between the two. The couple began to argue daily with each other and as time progressed their arguments grew more frequent and became more intense. Unity was broken, they were not of one accord, their ministry suffered as if their testimony tainted, an anointing departed. The dove left the church during their arguments and the couple would take notice and would warily look for it's return. In one, final argument, their last, the dove left for three days straight. The couple was mournful over this; however after the dove had returned, the man turned to his wife and said, "Honey, we need to talk." The wife tearfully confessed, "I know what you are about to say, my secret fear is that dove will never return the next time as well." They talked and made a choice to love one another that day and talk with love and not speak with pride nor anger. To be in accord with one another in love with their God so that they may, in turn, love one another. One door closes, and another opens. An agreement was found, so they departed another agreement.

Man has a certain order to him that originates within himself and manifests.

As a man thinks in his heart, so is he (Proverbs 23:7). From the overflow of the heart does the mouth speak (Luke 6:45). The power of life and death is on the tongue. (Proverbs 18:21)

Man plants in his heart what he thinks and when our thoughts are not of God, we plant things not of God nor His kingdom. We will sit with Him at His table or a demon's table, drink deeply from His cup or another's cup. The day will manifest what is in our hearts and we will speak life or death. This is just as we are, the choices we make daily, as Moses would say: I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live. (Deuteronomy 30:19 ESV)

We have choices that we make daily. We choose Him and the blessing that He gives, or we seek something else, an accord with something else that is not Him. Do we choose the blessing or do we choose the death from being apart. I love Paul's phrase in (Romans 14:23 ESV): For whatever does not proceed from faith is sin. If there is a leading of God into truth, then there is a leading of Satan into untruth. Man should perceive himself by the Spirit and be guided by things not seen:

The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit. (John 3:8 ESV) For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. (Romans 8:14 ESV)

I thank you for your responses!

Last edited:
Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0