Final Fantasy series (10?)

It all depends on what you like about RPGs. I thought it was interesting, not good nor bad, just interesting. FFVII was my cup of tea, that and XenoGears. However I played FFX and I can honestly say it's definitely worth playing, unlocking all the secrets, and actually doing every last mission, side quest, and researching everything in the game. However, it all depends if you like it which you'll only know upon playing it (the game recently dropped to $19.99).

Now FFX-II should be something of interest since it's Square's first attempt at a sequel to an RPG they made. This has the potential to surpass all previous "Final Fantasy"s if only because they are finally showing what happens after a story has technically ended.

FFX, the game has a satisfactory end. They close up a lot of loss ends, yet leave enough unanswered to keep you wanting more.

FFX-II should fill in those gaps and more. As I don't know what you like in RPGs or if you like spoilers or not I'll hold my tongue on the specifics of either games' story.

Check them out you might really enjoy them. =)

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
oh no, so you're saying the story doesn't end with FF10? and that there are FF11 and FF12?

i've no idea FF12 is even out! :eek:

yes, same thought here for FF7, it's awesome. Thanks for the infor, that really helps.

i like fantasy (magic) type RPG, which is one reason (plus lots, like the setting, a cross between technology and magic, when technology is only on the rise) why i enjoyed FF7 immensely. :)

Upvote 0
Final Fantasy X has a great story and amazing graphics, but I found the gameplay to be quite dissapointing. Unlike all previous Final Fantasy games, Final Fantasy X has no world map to wander around on. This makes the game far too linear. There just isn't enough places to explore, and therefore not enough true sidequests.

Another traditional Final Fantasy rule that is broken is the lack of a controllable airship, indeed, a lack of any controllable vehicle at all. All in all, I would still recommend Final Fantasy X. The story and graphics make up for the gameplay faults, although I do find Tidus to be incessantly annoying and whiny at times.

Upvote 0

Tiga Ronso

Aug 21, 2003
Visit site
✟7,834.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Actually FFX-2 is not Final Fantasy 12. It is an actual sequel to Final Fantasy 10. Final Fantasy 11 is the online game coming out soon. and Final Fantasy 12 is in the works. I definitely recommend Final Fantasy 10. Its very good and pretty fun, although its kinda short.

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
oh, no world map? *ponder*
i suppose that should be ok for me.. i haven't played rpg for so long that i just want to play something other than what i've tried. Bro just borrowed Dungeon Siege, but it looks so different from Final Fantasy! i can't stand the way things are drawn.. :p

online game would be fun, a pity i don't have cable..

Upvote 0

JD3DJ

All 4 Jesus
Oct 5, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
✟171.00
Faith
Christian
There is a new FF sequel. Not another normal FF, but a sequel, like FFX-II.

It's going to be for FFVII. It will obviously be FFVII-II. I think it will include all the characters of the first. For those of you with an Electronic Boutique store near you, check out the latest issue of GMR.

Upvote 0
JD3DJ said:
There is a new FF sequel. Not another normal FF, but a sequel, like FFX-II.

It's going to be for FFVII. It will obviously be FFVII-II. I think it will include all the characters of the first. For those of you with an Electronic Boutique store near you, check out the latest issue of GMR.
Advent's Children. I'm psyched... Unfortunately, as far as I've heard, it's just an hour long movie... Still. ^_^
http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?media_id=1839389&object_id=608155&channel_id=70&page_title=Final+Fantasy+VII%3A+Advent+Children&adString=network%3Dign%26site%3Dps2%26pagetype%3Dmediaimgthin&return_url=http%3A%2F%2Fps2.ign.com%2Fobjects%2F608%2F608155.html

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
I did not like Final Fantasy until I played Final Fantasy VII. That was my first time playing it and I instantly got hooked. All final fantasies has top the grapics chart(the time that the game came out) and have been doing that since it has begun. The grapics are off the wall awesome but its not all that final fantasy brings. The story line will keep your interested and the phrase "what is giong to happen next." Which will keep you playing for hours and keep your interested in the game. I have tried to let it go(growing up) but it always seem to get me. So actually putting this game down is difficult. Overall Final Fantasy is a great and Challenging game to play.

Upvote 0