The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Where the Red Fern Grows is one of THE most depressing movies I've ever seen!!

Well, there's plenty of movies I've seen that I'll never forget, but one that pops into my head right now is, Shadowlands. I've never cried so hard at a movie then I did with this one. So sad, yet so good.

Upvote 0

Singermom

Jul 20, 2010
✟9,298.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are really too many to list! There are so many movies that I love, that I could watch over and over, that really impacted me the first time I saw them.

However, there is ONE movie that I saw, and decided that, while it was a well-done movie, is definitely a movie I DON'T need to see more than the one time. I'm not saying that I didn't like it...far from the truth! It's just that I don't think I could watch it again.

"Revolutionary Road".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pilgrimgal

Jeremiah 29:11 It's good!
Apr 9, 2006
USA
✟25,368.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
An oldie but goodie. No remakes of this one probably because it was so good that a remake would never equal it. Random Harvest with Ronald Colman and Greer Garson, based on the novel by James Hilton who also wrote Lost Horizon it takes place after WWI and involves a romance between a dance hall girl and a shell shocked, amnesiac soldier..beautiful love story and intriguing plot. The first of the really good movies about lost memory and lost love setting the mold for many to follow none of them as good as this one. Need kleenex every time I see it. B&W..vintage 1940's.

Upvote 0

pilgrimgal

Apr 9, 2006
USA
✟25,368.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I also liked Hoosiers so well that I watch it once a year. It's like I am driving down that Indiana country road heading towards that little town in the 1950's again every time. (this is the opening scene) The old high school and gym look like ours did. A great story..the best sports movie ever made as far as I am concerned. Gene Hackman and Barbara Hersey just shine. The players are all good too..but Dennis Hopper was at his very best form as the alcoholic father of a team member who is made assistant coach. This film is a keeper especially if you love basketball.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pilgrimgal

Apr 9, 2006
USA
✟25,368.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Just watched again both The Other Side of the Mountain and The Other Side of the Mountain: Part II...wonderful love stories in this account of the life of Jill Kinmont (later Boothe) a national skiing hopeful who was permanently disabled during a race in 1955. With only the use of her head and upper shoulders she became a teacher, author, artist, advocate for the handicapped, and a happily married woman. She is now 74 and lives in Bishop, CA. with her husband of many years. Both films are heart rendering and very inspirational. Favorties for me! They are both now available free to watch on hulu.com.

Upvote 0

Singermom

Jul 20, 2010
✟9,298.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just watched again both The Other Side of the Mountain and The Other Side of the Mountain: Part II...wonderful love stories in this account of the life of Jill Kinmont (later Boothe) a national skiing hopeful who was permanently disabled during a race in 1955. With only the use of her head and upper shoulders she became a teacher, author, artist, advocate for the handicapped, and a happily married woman. She is now 74 and lives in Bishop, CA. with her husband of many years. Both films are heart rendering and very inspirational. Favorties for me! They are both now available free to watch on hulu.com.

Thanks for the heads-up! I'll be looking for it soon. I hadn't seen that movie in YEARS!!!

Reactions: pilgrimgal
Upvote 0