sillyrabbit400

Nov 22, 2003
Michigan
✟16,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I went to my church this weekend and there were some special guest speakers from Toranto Jeremy and Connie Sinnott.
I belive in the entire speaking in tounges, slain in the spirit.... and even being drunk in the Spirit. I sat there the whole weekend watching as people would walk up to the front of the church, there would be a whole entire row of them.... every single one would fall to the floor in a wave, like the Spirit was washing over them. I wanted so bad to feel the joy they had... they were so drunk in the Spirit, they were all laughing uncontrolably and everyone seemed so happy. I finaly decided I wanted to get prayed for... not so I could fall over and stuff. I wanted God to touch my life and just let me feel peace. I went up with this group of people and every single on of them was on the floor laughing and crying. The ministry team passed me over to pray for the ones who were all on the floor. Is something wrong with me that I couldnt even a little feel His prescence? I didnt even feel like I had accomlished anything by going up for prayer.... I had gone up there wanting to recieve something from God and really didnt feel like I have.
Comments?

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
sillyrabbit400 said:
I went to my church this weekend and there were some special guest speakers from Toranto Jeremy and Connie Sinnott.
I belive in the entire speaking in tounges, slain in the spirit.... and even being drunk in the Spirit. I sat there the whole weekend watching as people would walk up to the front of the church, there would be a whole entire row of them.... every single one would fall to the floor in a wave, like the Spirit was washing over them. I wanted so bad to feel the joy they had... they were so drunk in the Spirit, they were all laughing uncontrolably and everyone seemed so happy. I finaly decided I wanted to get prayed for... not so I could fall over and stuff. I wanted God to touch my life and just let me feel peace. I went up with this group of people and every single on of them was on the floor laughing and crying. The ministry team passed me over to pray for the ones who were all on the floor. Is something wrong with me that I couldnt even a little feel His prescence? I didnt even feel like I had accomlished anything by going up for prayer.... I had gone up there wanting to recieve something from God and really didnt feel like I have.
Comments?
Well rabbit, when this same phenomina hit the church I was attending I pretty much had the same experience. I felt nothing, absolutely nothing. Every week I would watch everyone respond to God with this laughter and stuff and I just sat there and watched. While I felt nothing I was seeing the lives of other's that I knew fairly well changing. People who were so stiff and stuck up and would not talk to me were friendly. The song service became joyful and people were bobbing up and down with the music and clapping their hands...something that Penticostal church was lacking in huge doses.

Finely I began going up for prayer every time the Pastor was laying hands on people. I still felt nothing. Every service. . .two times a week. . .for month's. . .I felt nothing.

Throughout this time though everytime I would catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror I would think to myself, "who is that?" Like I was seeing someone different. One day after asking that question for several weeks, I heard the Holy Spirit respond to the question and say, "It's Me Barbara". I went back to the mirror and just stared at myself. I cried as I responded to the Holy Spirit saying, "I did not realize that I could see You".

I also began to have other's look at me as if they were seeing someone they had not seen before. One day I had someone blurt out, "what's happend ot you. Are you in love or something?" LOL. I responded. . yes, I'm in love with God. So while I still felt nothing and generally don't feel anything, I was changing on the inside and other's were seeing it.

My Pastor at that church use to say, "you can roll on the floor and laugh and do all that stuff but if when you get up you're still mean as a junkyard dog you have not been changed".

All that stuff is fun and it's responses of the flesh to God's presense. I have responded that way on a few (very few) occasion's, but I think the best response I've had yet to His presense is change. It does not matter what we do on the outside, but what is happening on the inside. If you are falling more in love with God, then your response is perfect. :hug:

As far as to why the ministry team passed you by. . .I don't know. . . but it caused you to come here to ask the question. . .and that's a good thing. Just go after God for everything He's offering you. Dont' worry about what everyone else is doing. . .Just let Him minister to you where you are and you WILL see changes.

Quaffer

Upvote 0

Gary B

Sep 16, 2003
Maine
✟417.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Quaffer said:
My Pastor at that church use to say, "you can roll on the floor and laugh and do all that stuff but if when you get up you're still mean as a junkyard dog you have not been changed".

Great post Quaffer. The above quote is so true.

All that stuff is fun and it's responses of the flesh to God's presense. I have responded that way on a few (very few) occasion's, but I think the best response I've had yet to His presense is change. It does not matter what we do on the outside, but what is happening on the inside. If you are falling more in love with God, then your response is perfect. :hug:

Most of the time I've seen folks start crying in His presence. Even I've been occasioned to laugh and can't stop myself a few times. But that is uncommon for me. It's the Holy Spirit changing us on the inside that counts. Not the experience or manifestation. And I liked the above quote from Quaffer.

sillyrabbit,

If your seeking Jesus' peace, He will give it to you. You don't really need all the fan fare and stuff. Or get all hyped up about it, like Jesus is passing you by because you haven't had an experience like someone else has. Although I'm not sure why the ministry team passed you by at the time.

I'll try to give you an example. One of the worship leaders will play the fast and loud songs most of the time. I've have rarely felt the Holy Spirit when he plays. But others have. He 's in his late 20's or early 30's.

Then there's the senior worship leader who is a bit older. Most of the time when he leads, I'll feel the Holy Spirit washing through me. My hands go up or by my sides kinda automatic and I could stay that way for hours it seems. That happens to me when I'm in prayer also. But that didn't happen overnight eithier.

So like Quaffer said, It's about what's happening on the inside not so much the manifestations. :)

Upvote 0

ChristianMuse

Oct 1, 2004
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟1,272.00
Faith
Christian
Within me there are mysteries. They hold me in check. I look for freedom to move and my spiritual feet feel as though set in concrete. The power comes from above and rests on those to the left or the right of me. Am I being passed by? Why come to the front?

The Spirit of God calls out to my spirit. He is not far away but tucked in a corner of my heart. He calls again and I respond. Yet nothing appears to be happening. But deep calls to deep and the hidden things of God are slowly being revealed.

You are missing the quicker prize but God is working deep within your spirit to give you the richer prize. Your blessing will appear as the approaching dawn and the Son will gradually shine in your life with all of his strength.

:)

Upvote 0

Johnny Be Good

If you have not love...
Jun 17, 2004
Waynesville, Missouri
Visit site
✟1,990.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I enjoy most these days are those times WHEN I'm being changed. The tears, the bouncing, laughing, falling out--they are the times when you are actively BEING changed. When you begin to learn how to YIELD to the Holy Spirit, this is when those things will begin happening. For me, coming from a Baptist-type background, the letting go of my control and the yielding to the PULL of the Holy Spirit is incredibly enjoyable--God intends that it be enjoyable to yield to His teaching! WHAT A GREAT GOD!!! God is teaching me that yielding to His pull is always what I desire now since I'm a NEW creation--the old is gone; the new has come!

Upvote 0

dllewis1958

Oct 15, 2004
Michigan
✟7,917.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Rabbit,

I have been a christian seems like all my life..during my teenage years I watched others speak in tongues, fall out in the spirit and I prayed and prayed for this to happen to me..I wanted to really feel gods presence. I did not receive the baptism of the holy spirit/speaking in tongues until I was in my thirties..why? Well I think it was because I was watching others and seeing what was happening to them. One Sunday evening the spirit was moving in our church and I tuned everyone out..I focused on God and God alone..I didn't care what was going on around me, I praised him and praised him and praised him and all of the sudden I found myself speaking in tongues..So I guess my advice to you would be to totally tune out what is going on around you and put your main focus on God and invite the holy spirit in and it will happen..Did you know that the holy spirit waits for us to invite him...yes. Benny Henn has a very good book called Goodmorning Holy Spirit get it and read it .. it answered so many of my questions.

I also want to say that I am so proud to be a part of a Christian Forum that has so many young people on fire for God. And I would like to ask each one of you young people to pray for my children. I have a son that is 21 and one that is 16 they both have been brought up in church their entire life. My 21 year old is living in sin with a girl..he moved out of the house and into an apartment with her. My youngest is not interested in going to church.

Rabbit I will be praying for you that you will receive this wonderful gift..

Love in Christ,

Diane

Upvote 0
S

SOLDOUT4HIM

No judgement here but, is it possible that there is bitterness, unforgiveness, or sin standing in the way? I have had this problem. I once was at a prophecy meeting and was really stoked about hearing from God through a prophet. When he came to speak to me (we were in a small group and he would prophecy over different ppl as God would lead him) all he said was "keep it clean" and he moved on. This really shook me up. It did not occur to me that the fact that my mind had been filled with unclean thoughts that would effect my hearing what God really had for me. Pray that God shows you the problem whether it be what I've mentioned above, a faith problem, or something else. I'll be praying for you.

Diane, I'll be praying for your children to find faith in Christ. I understand how you are feeling, my little bro has no desire for things of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sillyrabbit400

Nov 22, 2003
Michigan
✟16,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
thanks everyone... Im really getting alot of insight here... I really liked Johnny Be good, and Dllewis1958's posts.
Also Sold Out I see totally where you're coming from... I to have been to a Prophetic meeting only that Prophet just laid hands on me and didnt say anything. So I know how that feels too... I guess Im really used to people passing me over, God passing me over. But Im tired of it.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
sillyrabbit400 said:
thanks everyone... Im really getting alot of insight here... I really liked Johnny Be good, and Dllewis1958's posts.
Also Sold Out I see totally where you're coming from... I to have been to a Prophetic meeting only that Prophet just laid hands on me and didnt say anything. So I know how that feels too... I guess Im really used to people passing me over, God passing me over. But Im tired of it.
People may pass you over rabbit, but God is not.

Another story of previous Pastor's. When they first began to experience the "laughter" that was hitting churches several years ago in the churches in Florida via the ministries of Rodney Howard Browne, they were happy with it. But they attended the services. One evening Judy went forward to be prayed for and when Rodney got to her he looked at her and said, "you're not ready. . go sit down". She was humiliated. She thought, "what do ya mean I'm not ready?". The next night he did the same thing. She was upset.

A few day's later she was in the supermarket and she was walking down one of the isle's when someone over the intercom said, "are you thirsty?" In a quiet prayer she said, "yes Lord, I am thirsty" Then a few min later the voice came again, "are you hungry". She said, "yes Lord, I'm hungry". Then again, a few min later the voice over the intercome came again, "are you thirsty and hungry?" She burst into tears and cried out, "yes Lord, I'm thirsty and hungry". :)

She looked around and there were several people who had stopped and were watching her. She quickly hurried away and that evening when she went forward for prayer, she was not passed over. :)

God uses everything that happens to grow us up. We are not to ever depend on other's to minister to us. We are only to depend on Him. When we begin to depend on other's, which is not bad but also not our sourse, He will intervene and do whatever He needs to in order to change our focus. I know, 'cause He's done it to me several times.

Upvote 0

tonya

Mar 15, 2004
alabama
✟1,716.00
Faith
Christian
Well..Rabbit...know how you feel...like JBG..I too was raised in the Baptist church..so now that i go to a Pentecostal church I have had to learn to let go of my inhibitions in praise and worship. One night I went forward to pray over a need and others laid hands on me and spoke tongues over me. The pastor came up and asked what I needed and I told him and he said hon what you really need is the Holy Spirit, so he prayed over me and I was praising God..I NEVER spoke in tongues that night and I have not yet..that has been about a month ago! BUT he did say,,siter you received the Holy Spirit..BUT that does not only mean speaking in tongues..that sometimes has to be developed...he urged me to spend time developing this..BIT he said the Holy Spirit na dthe gifts were not only speaking in tongues but other things...like praying..edifiying...prophesying...visions..etc. Although I have not spoke in tongues..I think probably because I want to too much, but I have felt a difference in my walk with God..more sensitive in my prayer life. Also I think maybe we hinder these things sometimes b/c of sin, bitterness, and unforgiveness...I know that has been part of my problem.

Upvote 0

keyz

Mar 7, 2004
✟1,782.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know what you mean. This is really the one thing you have to always keep in perspective; what are you seeking after? If we seek after getting that feeling we see then most likely we won't get anything. That is because the feeling comes from God and his presence. We need to chase after God and not the feeling! Yeah, those feelings can come, but only after God manifests himself. Without God there is nothing. SEEK after God in everything you do and you WILL find.

Matthew 6:33 - "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."

There have been times in worship or in prayer and I won't really 'feel' anything. Sometimes I get mad and wonder why because last time God really was shown! The more I thought the more I realized I wasn't seeking God and worshipping Him, but I was seeking what I get out of it. It's about God, not me. All glory to Him! :)

And, God shows himself in many different ways to different people. Don't follow the crowd. God can minister to each and everyone of us differently. Seek Him and you WILL find him. :)

Upvote 0

IloveJesusMyFather3:16

waiting for Jesus, my beautiful Savior, to return
Jun 14, 2004
Tennessee
✟16,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is something wrong with me that I couldnt even a little feel His prescence? I didnt even feel like I had accomlished anything by going up for prayer.... I had gone up there wanting to recieve something from God and really didnt feel like I have.
The same thing has happened to me about a million times. I have felt his presence in church like 2 times though. Don't get discouraged. God saw you. I believe you are accomplishing your main goal and that is walking on the path of the Lord. He will give you exactly what you need in that exact moment in time. Love you Sister.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
As somebody else said God hasn't passed you over, in fact it is a great thing that no one prayed for you or whatever! it means your relationship with God isn't based on someone else's involvement. it is in your heart, in your very soul that God meets with you and maybe He wants you to himself for a while. you went up because you wanted to hear from God, consider that you did, you are one of the lucky ones that doesn't need that stuff to be assured that God is in your life. Its a tough road sometimes, and if people continually pass you over in the church you are in maybe the love of God isn't being preached enough there and they are only interested in external happenings which is not what Christianity is about!
This may come across as harsh but if people are only interested in you if something 'spiritual' is happening to you what are you doing there? You say you are sick of being passed over - it seems to be a habit in this church, you won't be the only one, maybe try somewhere else. There are so many other churches that will show you the love of God regardless - not perfectly but with more sincerity that the church you are going to and will want to support you in your walk with God.
Life is too short to waste time in a place which disregards you - trust me I have been there and theres so much out there that is good and helps you grow in God - experiment a little and visit some other places.
The Bible talks about God planting His people by streams of water and them growing into giant oak trees - this place doesn't seem to be nurturing your your growth.
The Good Book also says you will know God's people by the way they love one another. There are some churches that do this way better than others. You are important, give yourself the opportunity to be supported in your walk with God, I feel for you, I would say you heard from God as you really did desire to! He showed you the amount of love in that place - not much. Go somewhere where all people are appreciated with more sincerity, no place is perfect but theres got to be a better place than the place you're going to.
Sorry if I'm coming across harsh, you are too important to the family of God for me to not say this! God cares about you so much!
Enough of me blabbering on, better go, hang in there!

Upvote 0