• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

pumanator

Veteran
Aug 1, 2005
✟10,032.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Thanx Night2day. I'm seeing my doc wed to ask about stronger pain meds. Not sleeping at night and this could cost me my job. Will ask again and point out event possibilities to her. Hope she'll do what needs to be done to determine.
Thank you very much for relpying. I'm a little scared at this point about the future as I'm the bread winner.:sigh:

Reactions: Dr. Holly
Upvote 0

Evee

May 1, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟11,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
MQTA said:
oh evee, sorry to hear. have you checked out the LDN website? I know LDN has been helping quite a few with Lupus, and there are quite a few using it for cancer, too. See if your cancer is listed on the website. http://www.ldninfo.org

Since it's more than just Lupus now, you may have to deal directly with the neuro in NY about it... your doctors probably would be clueless and fearful.

Good luck to ya :kiss:
I am just getting ready to check it out thanks.
Yeah I do know I have to be careful with meds the last time gave me to much.
I am trying to be confident and not worry.
Thanks for the link.

Upvote 0

Evee

May 1, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟11,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
pumanator said:
You're on my list. Please keep us updated. :prayer:
Thank you, you are also on mine as everyone on this thread.
I appreciate having a place to go to discuss when most may not understand.
I will let you all know how it goes.

Upvote 0

night2day

Sola Scriptura~Sola Gratia~Sola Fide
Aug 18, 2004
Home
Visit site
✟2,758.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
pumanator said:
Thanx Night2day. I'm seeing my doc wed to ask about stronger pain meds. Not sleeping at night and this could cost me my job. Will ask again and point out event possibilities to her. Hope she'll do what needs to be done to determine.
Thank you very much for relpying. I'm a little scared at this point about the future as I'm the bread winner.:sigh:

I'll be praying for you and your family.

Event possibilities would be good to discuss. Maybe also detailing the pain, when it started, what type of pain it is, how long it lasts, etc. Might give more of an idea what it is being dealing with. As well as the type of medications are needed.

Upvote 0

rosemoss

The Lord is my STRENGTH!
Apr 24, 2005
Kansas
✟29,116.00
Faith
Baptist
allieisme said:
:wave:'s Hope all is well with all of you

I'm hangen in there, how about you?:)

Went to the rhumie yesterday, he was soooooo excited because a new pill just for FMS symptoms is coming out. Don't get me wrong, pain relief is good, I want it too but speaking only for myself, I am so tired of taking pills. :doh:

Upvote 0

allieisme

I am ME
Apr 1, 2002
✟19,803.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
rosemoss said:
I'm hangen in there, how about you?:)

Went to the rhumie yesterday, he was soooooo excited because a new pill just for FMS symptoms is coming out. Don't get me wrong, pain relief is good, I want it too but speaking only for myself, I am so tired of taking pills. :doh:
I need to go see mine, although he will probably yell at me, because I havent seen him in a few months at least, usually I just get my meds refilled over the phone..
What is the new pill, do you know?

Upvote 0

Muzza

Jan 14, 2004
Palmerston North
✟15,381.00
Faith
Christian
This is something I wrote a couple of weeks ago, don't worry the complaining is only the first few paragraphs. ;) I hope someone gets something out of it. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This last month has really been a struggle... I don't know why, but my health has flared up majorly. I'm hurting everywhere all the time, i've had a nasty headache most of this last week, and it only seems to be getting worse.

A few days ago I woke up and my shoulders and back and arms were so sore, like i'd been to the gym or something and done a whole lot of weights, when in reality I had done nothing I can remember that would have caused it. Very strange, I guess it's just my body being a pain. (no pun intended) Thankfully that pain has mostly passed, but i'm still sore and achy so much more than I normally would be.

My back especially has been giving me trouble, I hurt my back a few years ago, and since then whenever i'm feeling particularly bad healthwise, it flares up right along with everything else. Most annoying I must say.

I guess for me the most annoying thing about flare ups like this is that my concentration levels are even lower than they normally would be. I can't focus on something for more than a minute or two without a great deal of effort, and usually a spiking headache resulting from it.

I really hope that it won't go on much longer, because I have no energy reserves left to call on to fight it, since I used all that energy fighting a cough/cold which lasted for almost a month.

The hardest thing about flare ups though is that I tend to get very snappy, and more grumpy than I normally would be. When health is being normal (as in some pain in some places as opposed to lots of pain in every place) I can be happy most of the time and do that successfully. As things are now, it's a minute by minute struggle to not just throw everything around the room and quite simply 'snap'.

Through it all though, God is good. He's always by me, and always supports me. So also do my friends, and family. But especially Sarah my girlfriend. She's a huge help and support and I can never thank God enough for her presence in my life.

Being positive is not something we always are. But it is something we can choose to be. We don't always have reason to be positive and cheerful and happy. But should that mean that we give in to the darkness or depression, let the shadowy thoughts take control? Should we base our life outlook on how we're feeling or what we're doing?

Some people draw their self worth from their jobs, or how successful they are, or how much money they have. Others from family and friends. Still others have no self worth at all, not because they feel worthless, but because they know that self worth is just a way to compare yourself to others around you, and almost always will result in negativity and doubt that you're just not good enough.

Theres a quote by George MacDonald that I absolutely love, it goes like this:

"Those who are good tempered because it is a fine day, will be ill-tempered when it rains: their selves are just the same both days; only in the one case the fine weather has got into them, in the other the rainy."

Some people go into life like a weathervane. When good things happen they're happy. When bad things happen they're sad or annoyed. They don't have in themselves an inner capacity to be happy inspite of the **** that life can throw at them, they just let themselves be battered around and directed by this wind or that wind. Never really happy, just appearing happy because life for that moment is going ok. In each instance it is just the circumstances that are dictating how they are feeling, not their own presence of mind that life can and is good even when things go wrong.

We're imperfect people living in and imperfect world. That is one of the most simple truths that you'll ever realise. Life is not perfect, bad things will happen, you can not avoid that. What we can do however is accept that fact, and be happy inspite of anything bad thrown our way. As Forrest Gump says "My mumma said life is like a box oh choclats, you never know what you're gunna get.' And you know what? It's true. You don't know what you're gonna get. But you can know how you're going to react to what's gotten.

Every morning you have a choice, go into the day and be happy. Or go into the day and let anything that goes wrong dictate and warp your mood into something that is just unsatisfied with life. The choice is yours, noone else can make it for you, noone else can change that choice for you once it's made. You alone can decide how you will react to the day. Will you be a weathervane? Or will you have the strength of character and belief that even though things are going badly, life is still good.

It's interesting listening to someone playing the piano or the violin or any other musical instrument. Personally I love the piano being played, could listen to it all day. The funny thing about it though is that someone can hit 99% of the right notes, and just 1% wrong. But the notes that will stand out the most to us are the wrong ones. Inspite of all the other good notes surrounding it, it's the one that sticks in our minds. Life can be like that. We don't see that we have food, shelter, power, friends, family, that we live in a relatively comfortable environment. What we do see, is the little things that go wrong, the things that we with we could change, or adapt. We don't take pleasure in the right things of life, instead we deny ourselves pleasure by allowing the few wrong notes to take precedence in our lives over the right ones.

Life isn't all bad people. Accept that, own that and live that. And above all remember, our God is a good God, and He wants good things for His people.

Reactions: night2day
Upvote 0

rosemoss

The Lord is my STRENGTH!
Apr 24, 2005
Kansas
✟29,116.00
Faith
Baptist
allieisme said:
I need to go see mine, although he will probably yell at me, because I havent seen him in a few months at least, usually I just get my meds refilled over the phone..
What is the new pill, do you know?

It's Lyrica, he wrote it down for me and not sure I'm spelling it right, he writes like a doctor. lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dr. Holly

Doctoring hearts with the love of Jesus
Nov 15, 2004
Virginia
✟12,535.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hi all :hug:

Wow, it seems I have been gone an eternity again. I do sincerely apologize. It's a looong story!

I'd like to first off say, welcome to all "new-comers" to the thread, and a big hearty hello to those that have been sticking around. ;) I have missed you all SO very much. You're always in my thoughts and prayers. It has killed me that I haven't been able to interact with you amazing folks.

I pray that this time I'll be able to log in more often so that I can keep up with you all :prayer: God bless you all, and may He bless you and yours.

In His Love,
VAGal

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dr. Holly

Nov 15, 2004
Virginia
✟12,535.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Linnis said:
The notes in medical school must be insane arn't they in school for like eight years?

I can't even do a page of notes, let alone enough for eight years worth.

Hi Linnis :wave:

Yes, the notes for med. school are insane. I was in Vet. school for a while, and I've never written so much in my life.

Some doctors are in school for around 12 years. It just depends on which avenue of medical practice that you want to go in to. :)

Reactions: Linnis
Upvote 0

Dr. Holly

Nov 15, 2004
Virginia
✟12,535.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Linnis said:
I had this thingie which would record lectures and once plugged into my computer via USB cord it word tern it into text. That lead me to doing a lot of revision to get the notes I needed out of it. Finally I bought my latop to class and took notes.

Smart move, Linnis ;) Those recorders are nice, but like you said, you wind up having to tailor your notes to your liking anyhow. So basically you do double work. Having a laptop is a God sent, isn't it? I'm glad you found something that works for you though! God bless you, sister! :hug:

Upvote 0

night2day

Sola Scriptura~Sola Gratia~Sola Fide
Aug 18, 2004
Home
Visit site
✟2,758.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
:wave: Just a hello. I've been a little scarce lately but couldn't be helped.

We're in Autumn offically. Least, those of us in the Westeran Hemispere. Doesn't help the seasons are changing again. Anyone else have the feeling their exhaustion is mounting more so than usual during Fall and Spring? Or is it just me?

Upvote 0

Dr. Holly

Nov 15, 2004
Virginia
✟12,535.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
night2day said:
:wave: Just a hello. I've been a little scarce lately but couldn't be helped.

We're in Autumn offically. Least, those of us in the Westeran Hemispere. Doesn't help the seasons are changing again. Anyone else have the feeling their exhaustion is mounting more so than usual during Fall and Spring? Or is it just me?

Hi sweetie :wave:

Good to see you on the thread again. You're in my prayers, as always.

Yes, I too notice more exhaustion during the seasons change. My thoughts on it are the fact that it gets dark earlier. It throws my body off. Not sure about the rest of you. That's always what I blamed it on anyway ;)

With Love,
VAGal

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.