Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not since Hillary Clinton’s infamous remark during the 1992 presidential campaign — “I suppose I could have stayed home and baked cookies and had teas” — has a prominent Democratic woman so insulted full-time homemakers. Speaking on CNN Wednesday, Democratic strategist Hilary Rosen said that Ann Romney has “never worked a day in her life” and, therefore, can’t understand the struggles of most women.

Rather than apologize for sticking her thumb in the eyes of millions of American homemakers, Rosen doubled down when critics responded. “This isn’t about whether Ann Romney or I or other women of some means can afford to make a choice to stay home and raise kids,” she said. Talk about a “war on women”; this sounds like a war on work-at-home moms. In Rosen’s view, they’re either lazy or privileged.

Nothing about Rosen’s comments surprises me. I know her slightly — we are both frequent panelists on PBS’ all-female public affairs program, “To the Contrary” — and she’s a perfectly nice woman. But she’s also a hard-core feminist — and that’s the problem.

Feminism as ideology eschews individual choice. Women must fit a certain mold; if they don’t, they’re either deemed in need of having their consciousness raised or dismissed as frivolous ninnies.

Ann Romney, who raised fives sons, has defended herself against Rosen’s accusation by saying Rosen should have come to her “house when those five boys were causing so much trouble. It wasn’t so easy.” Frankly, Romney would be better off not dignifying Rosen’s attack by responding.

Continued- http://catholicexchange.com/feminists-limit-womens-choices/