Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
COMMENTARY: The occult has a long history of being a way for women who feel powerless to exert their power and to control others — especially those they feel oppress them.

Over the last several decades, the number of celebrity women involved with the occult has continued to climb. This year alone, supermodel Gisele Bündchen called herself a “witch of love,” dabbling heavily in tarot cards, crystals and astrology, while actress Emma Watson publicly expressed gratitude for her coven: “Thank you to the witches in my coven who were so pivotal in helping me arrive at where and who I am now,” Watson said. “You are my Avengers and you inspire me and kick ass. It takes a village, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.”

Vanessa Hudgens is also a big occult fan. This spring, Hudgens released a new unscripted series called Dead Hot about witches and spirts filmed in Salem, Massachusetts. The Princess Switch and High School Musical actress said, “It was a lot more personal than anything I’ve ever done. I’m not hiding behind a character as I normally do in films — this is me, exploring something that I am very passionate about.”

She added, “So much about witchcraft is also practiced in sisterhoods and through female relationships, and through lifting each other up and creating a safe space where you can tap into the unknown and really reach your fullest highest power. That's such a beautiful, powerful thing.”

Beyond celebrities, the occult demand continues to swell with witch walks happening, even in small town America, while in England one can now get a master’s degree in witchcraft and magic. Psychics, tarot cards, astrology, crystals have all become mainstream.

Continued below.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
COMMENTARY: The occult has a long history of being a way for women who feel powerless to exert their power and to control others — especially those they feel oppress them.

Over the last several decades, the number of celebrity women involved with the occult has continued to climb. This year alone, supermodel Gisele Bündchen called herself a “witch of love,” dabbling heavily in tarot cards, crystals and astrology, while actress Emma Watson publicly expressed gratitude for her coven: “Thank you to the witches in my coven who were so pivotal in helping me arrive at where and who I am now,” Watson said. “You are my Avengers and you inspire me and kick ass. It takes a village, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.”

Vanessa Hudgens is also a big occult fan. This spring, Hudgens released a new unscripted series called Dead Hot about witches and spirts filmed in Salem, Massachusetts. The Princess Switch and High School Musical actress said, “It was a lot more personal than anything I’ve ever done. I’m not hiding behind a character as I normally do in films — this is me, exploring something that I am very passionate about.”

She added, “So much about witchcraft is also practiced in sisterhoods and through female relationships, and through lifting each other up and creating a safe space where you can tap into the unknown and really reach your fullest highest power. That's such a beautiful, powerful thing.”

Beyond celebrities, the occult demand continues to swell with witch walks happening, even in small town America, while in England one can now get a master’s degree in witchcraft and magic. Psychics, tarot cards, astrology, crystals have all become mainstream.

Continued below.
Carrie Gress has unearthed some surprising things, like the spiritualist connections feminism had. It’s a bit creepy, especially when we try to be all egalitarian, to find the truly sinister roots of things.

Upvote 0