Fellowship for Older Mothers (Older Mothers Clubhouse) (2)

marezee

cheeriokeeper
Apr 5, 2007
✟34,667.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tiger has a new brother. We've been adopted. Lest anyone get excited about babies, "Bear" is taller than I am. He's taller than my husband. Tiger is delighted with his big brother. Among other things, Bear is teaching Tiger how to play football. Life is interesting with a teenager in the house.

well that sounds great!! good for you! I'll bet you will have some interesting stories to tell us!

Upvote 0

CoolMom6

SAHMO6
Oct 27, 2005
Sin City
✟34,298.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:thumbsup: so glad for you that your fundraiser thing is done. I'm glad things have quited down here a bit. Today, our contractor measured more precisely for our built-in and i gave him ideas on how i want the fireplace and cabinet doors. I can't wait for this project to start!

i will pray for a speedy recovery Barb! when you get a chance, please let us know how you are doing!
That sounds lovely, Mare.
Pics when it's done!!
The home we are buying already has almost all the remodeling done, which is nice for us old folks, but we do have to finish the master bath!!

I got clean margins on the biopsy, so as far as God and I'm concerned, I'm healed!!! I am praising Him for how quickly and easily it went and how I'm recovering quickly. I did have a rough monthly time but it's over for now, and now I have a bout of the flu, but when that's over, I will be ready to rock!!!:clap:
Tiger has a new brother. We've been adopted. Lest anyone get excited about babies, "Bear" is taller than I am. He's taller than my husband. Tiger is delighted with his big brother. Among other things, Bear is teaching Tiger how to play football. Life is interesting with a teenager in the house.
Teenagers are great!!!
(Want more?? ;) :p )

Upvote 0

latebloomer

An Autumn Lutheran Rose
May 4, 2007
Iowa
✟9,125.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
CoolMom, Sooo glad to hear that you are getting better. As for that bug, 'tis the season. We've been fighting viruses too. Tiger's been sick more often than not over the past few weeks. Thought he had mono for a while, but the doctor says the tests said no, although they showed he has had it at some point. And Bear had a bad cold, then a bout with tummy flu, then pulled something in his leg while lifting weights at school. But for now, all is well. Tiger was OK'd to go back to school, and the physical therapist told Bear he could go back to weightlifting.

Bear apparently is the unofficial head of the cheering section at his school now. He sometimes wears the school mascot costume. Basketball season has started and he wears crazy combos of school colors to the games. Next home game he plans to dress up Tiger in school colors and take him along. Tiger has charmed the girls at Bear's school, and they have missed seeing him since football season ended. Little squirt's a chick magnet. BTW, Tiger has 2 loose teeth and he finally learned to tie his shoes a couple days ago.

Upvote 0

latebloomer

An Autumn Lutheran Rose
May 4, 2007
Iowa
✟9,125.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Time to post another milestone! Tiger pulled out both his loose teeth yesterday, all by himself. He was so excited about the tooth fairy that he forgot to go out to play in the snow. We had snow and wind last night, and the first snow-day of the school year today.

Upvote 0

CoolMom6

SAHMO6
Oct 27, 2005
Sin City
✟34,298.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
CoolMom, Sooo glad to hear that you are getting better. As for that bug, 'tis the season. We've been fighting viruses too. Tiger's been sick more often than not over the past few weeks. Thought he had mono for a while, but the doctor says the tests said no, although they showed he has had it at some point. And Bear had a bad cold, then a bout with tummy flu, then pulled something in his leg while lifting weights at school. But for now, all is well. Tiger was OK'd to go back to school, and the physical therapist told Bear he could go back to weightlifting.

Bear apparently is the unofficial head of the cheering section at his school now. He sometimes wears the school mascot costume. Basketball season has started and he wears crazy combos of school colors to the games. Next home game he plans to dress up Tiger in school colors and take him along. Tiger has charmed the girls at Bear's school, and they have missed seeing him since football season ended. Little squirt's a chick magnet. BTW, Tiger has 2 loose teeth and he finally learned to tie his shoes a couple days ago.

Sounds like fun!!!
What great brothers, working as a team; LOL!!!

Time to post another milestone! Tiger pulled out both his loose teeth yesterday, all by himself. He was so excited about the tooth fairy that he forgot to go out to play in the snow. We had snow and wind last night, and the first snow-day of the school year today.
I finally got to see what all the fuss was about---snow!!!

wow! what a brave boy that Tiger!
My son Nick pulled one of his teeth out last year. it bled all over him! yuk!
Nick finally learned how to tie his shoes!
Yay, Nick and Tiger!!!

My Victoria is trying to tie things, you know, the famous knots in everything, but hey, it's effort at least. I did not really want to get her tennies with shoelaces this time, but they were the ONLY ones which she would leave the store with (Hannah Montana, of course :rolleyes: ), but it's all good, she will figure it out really soon now!!!

Upvote 0

CoolMom6

SAHMO6
Oct 27, 2005
Sin City
✟34,298.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
thanks, U2!

I heard that you got snow out there! just a taste of the north countries! ^_^
YEAH, we did!!!
It was cool, literally!! Haha!!
The kids liked it way more than I did, but it did look pretty from inside the house ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

christianmomof3

pursuing Christ
Apr 12, 2005
in Christ
✟25,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:wave: hi ya'll! I have not checked in here in quite a while. My oldest daughter just got her driver's licence and my youngest daughter recently lost her first tooth. My son is growing taller and is only 3 inches shorter than me now - he is 9 years old - I am only 5 feet tall, but my husband is 6 feet 7 inches tall and our son is definitely taking after him.
Winter break is almost over and school starts again Tues. How are all of ya'll doing?

Upvote 0

faithmom

I'm gonna walk by faith.
Jul 19, 2006
North America
✟24,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Barely on here, I have taken a job part time, teaching Yoga at the YMCA. We've had some travel through the holidays as well. Doing great actually.

I have to say, my older mamma body is liking the intensity of the yoga...it's taken a bit to work up to the level that I can teach, but it has no impact on the joints, it builds muscle at the intermediate and advanced level, and I am maintaining weight while eating normally. Plus, I can not only touch my toes, but actually wrap my palms under my feet how....my back feels 30 something, not 40 something.

I am glad I do it through the YMCA though, a christian approach to yoga fitness, rather than Eastern religion influences.

Just had to throw all that out there for any of us with aches and pains of aging.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

marezee

cheeriokeeper
Apr 5, 2007
✟34,667.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:thumbsup: thanks faithmom! i am still considering joining the Y...got to get DH on board with it. He could definitely benefit from an exercise regime also!
so glad to see y'all here! i know i've been MIA too.
I've been moderating on another site (oops! did i just say that?) anyway, you can PM me for the link if you want.
Be blessed in your lives! I will probably be MIA again for a while. :wave:

Upvote 0

RedTulipMom

Legend
Apr 18, 2004
illinois
✟137,834.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
poppin in to say hi! Time flys don't it?

my 20 yr old is on vacation in Florida and talking about either moving there or moving to the Cayman Islands. I am now homeschooling my 4.5 yr old son. My baby is turning 21 mos soon and currently cutting 2 teeth and nursing like crazy..i am sore..eeek..

Upvote 0

latebloomer

An Autumn Lutheran Rose
May 4, 2007
Iowa
✟9,125.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
BUMP!!!!

Hurray, Spring is almost here! I saw my first robins today! Tiger has a major case of cabin fever and I can hardly wait until he can play outside without coming in a kid-sicle or covered in mud. Bear started track practice this week. Earlier this winter he built Tiger a sledding hill with the snow from our driveway (never underestimate the imagination of a teenager with a snowblower) and it has almost melted away. I hope to be able to take down the Christmas lights soon. They've been frozen in place since Thanksgiving.

Upvote 0

4Everloved

Legend
Apr 18, 2007
Tennessee, USA
✟36,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi!

I agree about spring, latebloomer. Ordinarily I don't enjoy spring because of the pollen, but Caleb is itching to get outside more.

We got a puppy for Caleb's big sister. It's getting very big. It's a black lab mix. It licks our faces, chews on everything, and is not quite housetrained yet.

Just checking in; I have missed being here. I'm also a moderator at another site, plus active at a 2nd sight, but I do stop in at CF once in awhile.

God has been good to me and I'm coming along farther with my schooling. I am one year away from getting my bachelors degree. Finally! I changed to night classes at a Christian university. That way Caleb doesn't have to be in daycare. There's also a whole different outlook there than at state university. And the Christian one just started a Masters program for the area I'm studying, and they have evening classes too. I can't believe the difference, and I will never attend state university again.

I know what you mean about YMCA, faithmom.

I hope both of my kids attend a Christian college.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

4Everloved

Legend
Apr 18, 2007
Tennessee, USA
✟36,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican