AKL
✟16,488.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey, I'm not sure if anyone even uses this anymore but, hey, it can't hurt. I am an 18yo gal and love following Jesus - I'm really close to Him. But sometimes, it hurts being so lonely - not having any friends. I'm not the type who obsesses over boys, like most my age and sometimes I feel overly-mature for my age. I'm happy to wait for the right guy in the future but having a friend or group of people now would be so nice! This might sound silly or bad but sometimes it feels like God is punishing me for being as faithful as I can. I'm not the prettiest gal around and, in fact, I'm not the person who gets heads turning at all! I consider myself more academically-inclined but I'm super fun to be around and know how to have a good time (but how would anyone know lol)!

I've tried everything but never found a group or anything. I know God has amazing things in store for me but it just gets really lonely sometimes! Any advice would be appreciated x

Jun 28, 2018
AKL
✟16,488.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There could never be a more beautiful. You may not think so, but God thinks you are beautiful.
Awww you have no idea how much that means to me - and the fact that I actually got replies. I know God makes all things beautiful in it's own time but it's really hard waiting and being patient. I'm just really thankful to God that, yes, I do break and fall but I always get back up quickly :) Thanks again friend

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello sister,
I'm an old man now, but started out in my young life just where you are. Don't make the mistake I did and step away from Him just for friends or it's the cool thing to do.
You are ahead of me in that you know how much love our Father in heaven can give us. When you are feeling lonely, don't forget, He is right there beside you, holding your hand, and He will never forsake you. I know too that the Lord has a plan for your life, and you're right, waiting is the hardest part. I love reading Psalms 91 in those times.
Praying the Lord brings you a good Christian friend and that He guides your footsteps and opens doors for you, all of your days, in Jesus name I pray, Amen.

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know God makes all things beautiful in it's own time but it's really hard waiting and being patient.
You don't need to wait for God to make you beautiful. God is waiting for you to see that He has already made you beautiful.
When God finished creating, He declared it was very good.
When you look in the mirror, see who God sees. Just because there are people who will tell you otherwise does not mean you have to listen to them. Esteem God's opinion of you higher than your own or any earthly person.

Upvote 0
Jun 28, 2018
AKL
✟16,488.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You don't need to wait for God to make you beautiful. God is waiting for you to see that He has already made you beautiful.
When God finished creating, He declared it was very good.
When you look in the mirror, see who God sees. Just because there are people who will tell you otherwise does not mean you have to listen to them. Esteem God's opinion of you higher than your own or any earthly person.
Thanks and, yes, I guess you're right.

• Friendly
Reactions: Doug Melven
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Justasurvivor

Mar 5, 2019
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟12,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hey, I'm not sure if anyone even uses this anymore but, hey, it can't hurt. I am an 18yo gal and love following Jesus - I'm really close to Him. But sometimes, it hurts being so lonely - not having any friends. I'm not the type who obsesses over boys, like most my age and sometimes I feel overly-mature for my age. I'm happy to wait for the right guy in the future but having a friend or group of people now would be so nice! This might sound silly or bad but sometimes it feels like God is punishing me for being as faithful as I can. I'm not the prettiest gal around and, in fact, I'm not the person who gets heads turning at all! I consider myself more academically-inclined but I'm super fun to be around and know how to have a good time (but how would anyone know lol)!

I've tried everything but never found a group or anything. I know God has amazing things in store for me but it just gets really lonely sometimes! Any advice would be appreciated x

your not alone in this department, you will fit right in

Upvote 0

Ecclesiastian

Mar 7, 2019
Tifton
✟23,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
This is exactly the sort of thing Asaph reflected on when he wrote the 73rd Psalm. This is a large part of what Solomon reflected on when he wrote Ecclesiastes. It seemed that the wicked prospered and grew fat while the righteous verged on stumbling in life and suffered. God isn't punishing you for following him, you feel lonely in this world because you are simply made for another world, don't dwell so much on the physical world, but the eternal one. As bleak as it sounds, don't think so much about what rewards you get while living, but of the rewards you will get when you die. However, it's not all so bleak. As every proper person does, you'll eventually find friends and those whom you can call a family, who you can share your righteousness with and love. They'll come. I myself am a witness to this, I spent my life from the time I was 7 to the time I was 16 pretty much alone apart from online friends, I was beginning to feel depressed, I gave into wicked habits, I was truly lonely. But then I randomly (not really, I know it was providential), stumbled into a group of Christian friends at a church I felt led to begin going to last year. You won't be lonely forever my friend. And even if it is so that you must endure loneliness in this life, you will feel an eternal companionship like no other when this life's final chapters come to their closing, while those who attained fellowship through wicked means will be eternally lonely.

P.S., I don't know what you look like, but experience has shown me that when a girl speaks negatively of her appearance, it's often the case that she is very pretty. So don't let your own perceptions of yourself be a stumbling block to you.

• Friendly
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0