Reading, PA
✟7,899.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My husband and I have been married for 3 years now. He was recently hospitalized with Miller Fisher Syndrome and was seriously ill in ICU for 16 days and on a ventilator for 10 of those days. The day after he came off the ventilator he confessed to me that he had been having an affair for the past 6 months. At first I didn't know whether to believe him or not (in hind sight, I didn't want to believe it), with him coming of some pretty strong medications, he had been saying some goofy things. But it is true, He is repentant for the affair and wants to make our marriage work. We have talked to our pastor and his wife, he confessed everything to them, and has asked for forgiveness. We also talked to my close friend and her husband as they dealt with this issue 5 years ago. We decided to not tell our church family or our families, as my family goes to the same church and I know that my family will treat him differently if they know.
Since he was seriously ill, and needed care when he first came home, I found it easy to push my feelings to the side to provided him the care he needed. Now as his health is improving I'm now dealing with all of my feelings from this. We do have an appointment with a counselor in our area who is very well know for helping couples deal with this, but the appointment is not until the end of July. I have forgiven him (even though I'm still walking thru how that looks) and I too want our marriage to work. I find I'm am very depressed, feeling very alone thru all of this. I don't know how to move forward, I'm just so sad all the time, crying at different times, and others I can function and we can go out to dinner.
He is getting frustrated at me because I'm depressed but I really am trying to function but I'm finding it hard. Thanks in advance for any words of encouragement or advice.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My husband and I have been married for 3 years now. He was recently hospitalized with Miller Fisher Syndrome and was seriously ill in ICU for 16 days and on a ventilator for 10 of those days. The day after he came off the ventilator he confessed to me that he had been having an affair for the past 6 months. At first I didn't know whether to believe him or not (in hind sight, I didn't want to believe it), with him coming of some pretty strong medications, he had been saying some goofy things. But it is true, He is repentant for the affair and wants to make our marriage work. We have talked to our pastor and his wife, he confessed everything to them, and has asked for forgiveness. We also talked to my close friend and her husband as they dealt with this issue 5 years ago. We decided to not tell our church family or our families, as my family goes to the same church and I know that my family will treat him differently if they know.
Since he was seriously ill, and needed care when he first came home, I found it easy to push my feelings to the side to provided him the care he needed. Now as his health is improving I'm now dealing with all of my feelings from this. We do have an appointment with a counselor in our area who is very well know for helping couples deal with this, but the appointment is not until the end of July. I have forgiven him (even though I'm still walking thru how that looks) and I too want our marriage to work. I find I'm am very depressed, feeling very alone thru all of this. I don't know how to move forward, I'm just so sad all the time, crying at different times, and others I can function and we can go out to dinner.
He is getting frustrated at me because I'm depressed but I really am trying to function but I'm finding it hard. Thanks in advance for any words of encouragement or advice.

There are plenty of people in your situation that need your help and compassion. Seek them out and listen to their stories. The more you focus on others, the better for you.

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
you have been through a betrayal and now have to deal with very real and natural progression of emotional issues. The key to let love win out is not to deny the pain or depression but to pray to Jesus read about love enduring all things bearing all things and never failing. In your own strength you will fail you wont endure you wont be able to bear it but thanks be to God who strengthens you so can rise up and have victory over it. Your husband should understand that this reaction in you is his harvest of what he had been sowing and he needs to win you over and regain your trust. This is all a process and if you also meditate on God mercy in your own life it helps to extend that mercy to others. I think your wise to keep this issue in house as love conceals a matter and I think down the road you might be like your friends able to help others out if you make it through this season of testing. Go ahead and cry and weep and work through this it is normal

Upvote 0

search4peace

Jul 6, 2018
Illinois
✟7,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am so sorry. It hurts. I was cheated on myself and I know that trusting again is a long process of recovery. You should tell you husband that he should allow you to process everything that happened. You can restore his relationship just keep your eyes on the goal, with God'd help you both will get there

Upvote 0