• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Feel like God is angry with me.

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, today I thought some really nasty thoughts against God, blasphemous thoughts. I feel like God is punishing me for these thoughts. I'm really sorry I thought these thoughts. They were very nasty. I pray to God that he will forgive me for having blasphemous thoughts.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The best is to go to Jesus straight away as you are having those thoughts and confess them to Jesus. Humbly eat grace and lovingly thank Him for grace. Keep doing that! Untill you come to forgive yourself for what you have done and inner peace returns.

Think about it like this - there is no sin that can take you away from God's love - apart of not believing that! Not believing in God's grace is what you often suffer from. For you heed the accuser in your guilty conscience, not love for God but fear of God, equals no graciously loving Jesus Christ as King of the heart. Instead you get that horrible dragon grilling you with your sins demanding all kind of things from you to pay for your sins. Which he brings up again anyway.

The devil will never forgives you your sins, he just claims they don't matter on the one hand, or make them mean a lot more than they really do, on the other, all to keep God's loving grace out and himself in.

So brother even now go to Jesus and thank Him for grace and fight those thoughts and feelings that try to accuse you with sin you have repented of. To fight the good fight is what pleases Christ. A heart who has faith in His love and grows in mind and spirit anew.

The odd thing with Jesus' love is, that it is so good, that Paul asks should we continue sinning then that grace abounds? Of course not! ?A God loving heart would never agree with that. So the trick is to let Jesus love your sins and shortcomings to death. Dine on His grace each sin again! Remember how the Jews had snakes in the desert, they had to look at the serpent to live when they had been bitten? You have to look at Jesus when you have sinned, not the serpent, and you shall live - eternally.

i know when i feared Jesus because of my sins i suffered deepest hell. Yet when i humbly came to Him confessing my sins and shortcomings trusting in His love over me, He brought me grace and love and taught me to stop my sins. Love for God does not seek to do wrong. It is as simple as that.

So be of good courage. Jesus will always forgive you your bad thoughts if you ask for grace, even 490 times a day if you are truly sorry, you have to learn to trust Him on this. That is the task ahead. You achieve Victory in Christ when you eat grace and thank God for grace and love Him for it. The more you love God the more you will have loving thoughts about Him and want to do His will.

Confess your sins and shortcomings even now to Jesus and accept His grace and grow in love for God, self and neighbour as self. That is all the requirements the Lord has for you an ill person.

Drink in His love and let Him cast out the fear and save you the fearful one.

Peace.

Upvote 0

RickReads

Sep 27, 2020
richmond
✟64,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
1 John 1

8 If we say that we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and refusing to accept the truth. 9 But if we confess our sins to him, he can be depended on to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong. And it is perfectly proper for God to do this for us because Christ died to wash away our sins.10 If we claim we have not sinned, we are lying and calling God a liar, for he says we have sinned.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The best is to go to Jesus straight away as you are having those thoughts and confess them to Jesus. Humbly eat grace and lovingly thank Him for grace. Keep doing that! Untill you come to forgive yourself for what you have done and inner peace returns.

Think about it like this - there is no sin that can take you away from God's love - apart of not believing that! Not believing in God's grace is what you often suffer from. For you heed the accuser in your guilty conscience, not love for God but fear of God, equals no graciously loving Jesus Christ as King of the heart. Instead you get that horrible dragon grilling you with your sins demanding all kind of things from you to pay for your sins. Which he brings up again anyway.

The devil will never forgives you your sins, he just claims they don't matter on the one hand, or make them mean a lot more than they really do, on the other, all to keep God's loving grace out and himself in.

So brother even now go to Jesus and thank Him for grace and fight those thoughts and feelings that try to accuse you with sin you have repented of. To fight the good fight is what pleases Christ. A heart who has faith in His love and grows in mind and spirit anew.

The odd thing with Jesus' love is, that it is so good, that Paul asks should we continue sinning then that grace abounds? Of course not! ?A God loving heart would never agree with that. So the trick is to let Jesus love your sins and shortcomings to death. Dine on His grace each sin again! Remember how the Jews had snakes in the desert, they had to look at the serpent to live when they had been bitten? You have to look at Jesus when you have sinned, not the serpent, and you shall live - eternally.

i know when i feared Jesus because of my sins i suffered deepest hell. Yet when i humbly came to Him confessing my sins and shortcomings trusting in His love over me, He brought me grace and love and taught me to stop my sins. Love for God does not seek to do wrong. It is as simple as that.

So be of good courage. Jesus will always forgive you your bad thoughts if you ask for grace, even 490 times a day if you are truly sorry, you have to learn to trust Him on this. That is the task ahead. You achieve Victory in Christ when you eat grace and thank God for grace and love Him for it. The more you love God the more you will have loving thoughts about Him and want to do His will.

Confess your sins and shortcomings even now to Jesus and accept His grace and grow in love for God, self and neighbour as self. That is all the requirements the Lord has for you an ill person.

Drink in His love and let Him cast out the fear and save you the fearful one.

Peace.

Beautiful post and so reassuring. I often end to remind myself of this

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
. I feel like God is punishing me for these thoughts

You ' feel ' that God is punishing you, but you do not know, so rather than wait for God you start punishing yourself.
Jesus has explained that God does not punish you now. Jesus took All your sins, those of the past, those of the present and those from the future on himself.
Those sins are paid for.
How can a Just God require payment for what has already been paid!

May I suggest that you talk to your therapist about intrusive thoughts.
These are thoughts that you think are yours but are the product of your illness.
They make you think you are thinking of saying evil things.
Don't fight or argue or try to suppress them, just acknowledge them and carry on with what you are doing.

Upvote 0