• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Fear that I have temporary faith

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi CF,

today has been a struggle for me.A great struggle.While reading some helpful biblical articles,I came across something very worrying,I discovered something called “temporary faith”.And it has induced massive anxiety on me.I have no desire to ever leave God no matter how harsh the trial.But I’ve read that temporary faith can last for a short while to years.And I’m afraid that the struggles I’ve been going through the past year-1/2 are signs I’m losing my faith.My mind feels like it has a fog of confusion,like mixed ideas saying to leave God and others saying to stay.Now of course I will stay with God,but I’m worried my fai to is temporary.But to add,there have been very fiery trials in my life that almost stripped me of my faith but I always stood strong with God.I always tell myself “I will never leave God”

However these anxieties plague me and I really could use any support!,if anyone has some spare time to help,I’d be so grateful.

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi CF,

today has been a struggle for me.A great struggle.While reading some helpful biblical articles,I came across something very worrying,I discovered something called “temporary faith”.And it has induced massive anxiety on me.I have no desire to ever leave God no matter how harsh the trial.But I’ve read that temporary faith can last for a short while to years.And I’m afraid that the struggles I’ve been going through the past year-1/2 are signs I’m losing my faith.My mind feels like it has a fog of confusion,like mixed ideas saying to leave God and others saying to stay.Now of course I will stay with God,but I’m worried my fai to is temporary.But to add,there have been very fiery trials in my life that almost stripped me of my faith but I always stood strong with God.I always tell myself “I will never leave God”

However these anxieties plague me and I really could use any support!,if anyone has some spare time to help,I’d be so grateful.

The words temporary faith aren't in the Bible. You have genuine faith given to you by God.

1 John 5:13 NIV
I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.

Don't listen to Satan. He is a liar and has been a liar from the beginning.

Father, please bring peace and calm to Blaise's mind. Protect Him from Satan's lies and remind him that he can have power over those lies in Jesus' name. Eternal life is a gift from You forever! Eternal means forever.
in Jesus' name, Amen.

• Winner
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Now of course I will stay with God,but I’m worried my fai to is temporary.But to add,there have been very fiery trials in my life that almost stripped me of my faith but I always stood strong with God.I always tell myself “I will never leave God”

Please re read what I have quoted from your post.
Just what is there in that statement that says your faith is temporary?

May I suggest that you read that Christian Classic, Pilgrims Progress, not a childrns version but the full version complete with its long discussions of faith.

Pilgrim like you went through many trials, including being unable to distinguish between his thoughts andthe devils whispered blasphemous ideas.

No where in the bible are we promised an easy life as a Christian. So stand firm in the strength and faith that God supplies.

• Friendly
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0