• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Fear of adding to the Bible

kittyio

Mar 8, 2022
america
✟24,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have a worry that I have ended up believing that I can add to the Bible particularly Revelations just by saying or thinking I will. I have thoughts that say "if you do xyz then you will be sinning" meaning I will be adding or taking away from Revelations. Xyz can be something as simple as breathing. It's terrible and feel if I end up adding or taking away I will never be forgiven. When I try to read the Bible for help when i find encouraging verses, I keep worrying "the Bible didn't say that, you're reading it wrong."

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have a worry that I have ended up believing that I can add to the Bible particularly Revelations just by saying or thinking I will. I have thoughts that say "if you do xyz then you will be sinning" meaning I will be adding or taking away from Revelations. Xyz can be something as simple as breathing. It's terrible and feel if I end up adding or taking away I will never be forgiven. When I try to read the Bible for help when i find encouraging verses, I keep worrying "the Bible didn't say that, you're reading it wrong."
Do research and fear not! We are all in the same boat especially when it comes to the Book of Revelation. Be blessed.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have a worry
Worries come and go, or worries come and stay and grow, what can be done ?
Or, rather, WHO is able to help us in this world of sin and death?
Jesus.
Jesus. He came to help us,
and Jesus helps us today.
Not a fake Jesus, as there are many fakes in the world today.
The real true Jesus - He is Able to help us in all things to proceed from death to life, in this life and in the next life.

Worry keeps trying to come back. Worry keeps coming back, but we have a Helper and His Name Is Jesus. He Helps Perfect. Keep talking to Jesus... He Knows.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you think those thoughts are telling you the truth?

Upvote 0

subtlecollision

Feb 8, 2020
Wisconsin
✟31,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

Hi,

Sorry you're struggling with this. But know it is simply OCD. You are not adding or taking away from the Bible because these are intrusive, neurotic OCD thoughts. You need to move on from this thought spiral. Tell yourself it's OCD and move on with your life.

Also, I think your theology isn't correct because you're worrying you can't be forgiven of a sin. You can be forgiven of any sin, as long as you believe in Christ.

Blessings and prayers.

Upvote 0