Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From an elder at my church.

Prayer Tip: Fear and Worry Sap Our Strength

Bitterness is an obvious drain that destroys the person harboring it and defiles everyone around them. But what about things like fear and worry and disappointment and self-pity?

“The clearest evidence that God’s grace is at work in our hearts is that we do not get into panics. The one great crime on the part of a disciple, according to Jesus Christ, is worry. Whenever we begin to calculate without God, we commit sin.” Oswald Chambers

We’re told (actually commanded) ‘do not fear’, ‘do not worry’, ‘fix your eyes on Jesus rather than yourself or your circumstances’. How are we to do that? PRAY.

Psalm 34:4 I sought the Lord, and He answered me, and delivered me from all my fears.

Philippians 4:6-7 (NLT) Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand.

Psalm 3:3-4 But You, O Lord, are a shield about me, my glory, and the One who lifts my head. I was crying to the Lord with my voice, and He answered me from His holy mountain.

Psalm 27:13-14 I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord, be strong and let your heart take courage; yes, wait for the Lord.