FBI: 'Extremely Alarming' Election Threats!

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

In a recent report by the Epoch Times, Tim Langan, the executive assistant director for the Criminal, Cyber, Response, and Services Branch of the FBI, described the situation as "extremely alarming." The primary concern revolves around the vulnerability of voter databases to hacking through phishing or ransomware attacks. Additionally, officials highlighted the rising use of artificial intelligence (AI) to manipulate and potentially deceive voters.

Eric Goldstein, the executive assistant director for cybersecurity at the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), emphasized the challenging cybersecurity environment, pointing out significant advancements that could empower nations like China, North Korea, and Russia to target U.S. election systems. The heightened risk, according to Goldstein, applies to every location, regardless of size or sector.

The report also touched on alleged foreign threats, with CISA warning of Chinese Communist Party (CCP) state-sponsored cyber actors seeking to position themselves for potential cyberattacks against U.S. critical infrastructure. Notably, a CCP-backed group known as Volt Typhoon was reported to have compromised various U.S. agencies.

The article highlighted an alleged cyberattack in Fulton County, Georgia, and ransomware attacks on local governments in Missouri, Pennsylvania, and Colorado as additional examples of the growing cybersecurity concerns.

While FBI Director Chris Wray and NSA Director Paul Nakasone expressed confidence in the upcoming general election, the report raises questions about the coordination between the FBI and the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) in addressing these pressing threats.

Reactions: Merrill

Derf

Aug 8, 2021
Colorado Springs
✟99,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

In a recent report by the Epoch Times, Tim Langan, the executive assistant director for the Criminal, Cyber, Response, and Services Branch of the FBI, described the situation as "extremely alarming." The primary concern revolves around the vulnerability of voter databases to hacking through phishing or ransomware attacks. Additionally, officials highlighted the rising use of artificial intelligence (AI) to manipulate and potentially deceive voters.

Eric Goldstein, the executive assistant director for cybersecurity at the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), emphasized the challenging cybersecurity environment, pointing out significant advancements that could empower nations like China, North Korea, and Russia to target U.S. election systems. The heightened risk, according to Goldstein, applies to every location, regardless of size or sector.

The report also touched on alleged foreign threats, with CISA warning of Chinese Communist Party (CCP) state-sponsored cyber actors seeking to position themselves for potential cyberattacks against U.S. critical infrastructure. Notably, a CCP-backed group known as Volt Typhoon was reported to have compromised various U.S. agencies.

The article highlighted an alleged cyberattack in Fulton County, Georgia, and ransomware attacks on local governments in Missouri, Pennsylvania, and Colorado as additional examples of the growing cybersecurity concerns.

While FBI Director Chris Wray and NSA Director Paul Nakasone expressed confidence in the upcoming general election, the report raises questions about the coordination between the FBI and the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) in addressing these pressing threats.
Yes, the FBI is alarmed that they may not be able to retain their power when the election goes the wrong way for them.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It sounds too risky for the folks in red states to vote. How can you trust the count anymore? People in whom we vote for have told us our institutions cannot be trusted. So some of us won't vote. It's OK. They say our votes aren't counted anyhow. Don't worry about it.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟76,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The Epoch Times is not a good news source, and is owned by the Chinese, and is founded by a small group of individuals who follow the Falun Gong religious cult.

Epoch Times reliability: The Epoch Times Bias and Reliability | Ad Fontes Media
Epoch Times is owned by foreigners:
Wiki: The Epoch Times - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟76,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My op quotes Tim Langan and Eric Goldstein. Instead of posting an opinion about Epoch Times, would you care to opine on what those two well informed men said?
I would, but only if the news source is verified by BBC, CNN, Fox, NYT or WSJ.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I would, but only if the news source is verified by BBC, CNN, Fox, NYT or WSJ.
I'm curious as to your opinion about Brigette Gabriel. She is the one who posted this article on her substack.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟76,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm curious as to your opinion about Brigette Gabriel. She is the one who posted this article on her substack.
I will be waiting for a formal word from the leader of the FBI before making conclusions. So, I do not have an opinion for or against Ms. Gabriel.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We're going to see a lot of these stories leading up to the election.

ANYTHING to undermine confidence in the results that are going to have trump and republicans get decimated.
Thanks to Trump, anytime anyone losses they can exploit the damaged confidence. No proof needed anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I will be waiting for a formal word from the leader of the FBI before making conclusions. So, I do not have an opinion for or against Ms. Gabriel.
I recall that not too long ago, FBI director Wray testified to a Congressional committee that he sees "lights blinking red everywhere." I remember that he was speaking about the problem of cyber terrorism as well as other dangerous acts of terror against Americans.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟76,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I recall that not too long ago, FBI director Wray testified to a Congressional committee that he sees "lights blinking red everywhere." I remember that he was speaking about the problem of cyber terrorism as well as other dangerous acts of terror against Americans.
Yeah, the Russian gov't and Chinese gov't pose a threat to Western security. I am not looking forward to the AI revolution either, if Russia gets their hands on AI. That could sway the election. Putin and Trump like each other.

Here are multiple articles discussing Putin & Trump: Putin and Trump Archives | FRONTLINE

Upvote 0

BroRoyVa79

Aug 16, 2018
Virginia
✟27,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The Epoch Times is not a good news source, and is owned by the Chinese, and is founded by a small group of individuals who follow the Falun Gong religious cult.

Epoch Times reliability: The Epoch Times Bias and Reliability | Ad Fontes Media
Epoch Times is owned by foreigners:
Wiki: The Epoch Times - Wikipedia
As much as they talk about the Communist Party in China, this is gravely misleading and misrepresting Epoch Times. While, yes, they do support the Falun Gong group, it's not the only religious group they support from the sense of human rights because the organization has never claimed any direct religious affiliation. So, if one particular religious group, like the Falun Gong, are being persecuted by their government, then Epoch Times covers it among many things the Communist Party of China does to its citizens.

About the only second thing you could claim is that the Epoch Media Group or Epoch Times itself was founded by John Tang who is still the CEO and a few others still listed like Kirk Wang. All of who are pretty Anti-CCP. While I'm more than aware the CCP has agents in the US who specialize in propaganda, Tang specifically says his purpose is to go against the CCP, so that goes against the claim that Epoch Times is "owned by the Chinese." Yes, Tang is a Falun Gong practitioner, but as someone who frequents the Epoch Times news outlets, I have seen them promote or simply fight on behalf of Christianity as well. Many of their Cinema productions are Christian based. I've seen far more Christian based promotion on their site than Fulan Gong or any other religious promotion, although I have seen some Fulan Gong promotion. Perhaps, there is more on their foreign sites of which I do not frequent.

• Informative
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟76,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As much as they talk about the Communist Party in China, this is gravely misleading and misrepresting Epoch Times. While, yes, they do support the Falun Gong group, it's not the only religious group they support from the sense of human rights because the organization has never claimed any direct religious affiliation. So, if one particular religious group, like the Falun Gong, are being persecuted by their government, then Epoch Times covers it among many things the Communist Party of China does to its citizens.

About the only second thing you could claim is that the Epoch Media Group or Epoch Times itself was founded by John Tang who is still the CEO and a few others still listed like Kirk Wang. All of who are pretty Anti-CCP. While I'm more than aware the CCP has agents in the US who specialize in propaganda, Tang specifically says his purpose is to go against the CCP, so that goes against the claim that Epoch Times is "owned by the Chinese." Yes, Tang is a Falun Gong practitioner, but as someone who frequents the Epoch Times news outlets, I have seen them promote or simply fight on behalf of Christianity as well. Many of their Cinema productions are Christian based. I've seen far more Christian based promotion on their site than Fulan Gong or any other religious promotion, although I have seen some Fulan Gong promotion. Perhaps, there is more on their foreign sites of which I do not frequent.
I am anti-CCP myself, but there has got to be a better organization that is not a cult.

Upvote 0

BroRoyVa79

Aug 16, 2018
Virginia
✟27,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I am anti-CCP myself, but there has got to be a better organization that is not a cult.
Be wary of Fulan Gong, I agree, but that doesn't make the rest of the information that has very little to do with them if at all unreliable.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟76,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Be wary of Fulan Gong, I agree, but that doesn't the rest of the information that has very little to do with them if at all unreliable.
I understand sir. With my autism, I can think in black & white sometimes, and not see the grey area always. :)

Reactions: BroRoyVa79
Upvote 0