Cumming, Georgia, USA
✟7,646.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We at FBC (First Baptist Church) Online have actually just launched. We are known for being the one of the first-ever actual Internet Churches. We would like to gather together members now for our new organization. We offer free (OF COURSE) Personal Bible Studies that are based on what you need in your life the most right now. We do this via Survey then up to a week later devise a Personal Bible study for you. We talk on "Skype" just you and our staff. We also have Sermons every sunday that you may download with full songs and lyrics then me doing the Sermons. We hope you enjoy them and join our church.

Visit Us as ww.FBCI.tk

Greetings from,
FBC Online Staff

Sincerely,
Austin Handle
FBC Online Founder

trinityisunity

Has lost 14 kilos (31 pounds) in 14 weeks!!!
Apr 16, 2006
In a house
✟1,291.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
We at FBC (First Baptist Church) Online have actually just launched. We are known for being the one of the first-ever actual Internet Churches. We would like to gather together members now for our new organization. We offer free (OF COURSE) Personal Bible Studies that are based on what you need in your life the most right now. We do this via Survey then up to a week later devise a Personal Bible study for you. We talk on "Skype" just you and our staff. We also have Sermons every sunday that you may download with full songs and lyrics then me doing the Sermons. We hope you enjoy them and join our church.

Visit Us as ww.FBCI.tk

Greetings from,
FBC Online Staff

Sincerely,
Austin Handle
FBC Online Founder

This sounds like a great idea in the technological era we now live in!:thumbsup:

I believe it would be an excellent resource and tool for those who are 'shut-ins', ie.those who cannot make it to a 'physical' church (traditional) congregation. However I do not know how effective it would be for those who can make it to a traditional church service, because they would be missing out on the ability to meet with and rub shoulders, worship corporately, minister to other Christians.

In saying that though, those who are very busy, church shy or just searching may find it helpful to do church online.

Grace and peace.:cool:

Upvote 0

trentlogain

Apr 25, 2007
✟15,422.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good going. The page could use proper punctuation though. I'm not an english nazi by any means. I'm the last one to talk about that, but even I always try to capitalize 'G' in God. I even capitalize "H" when referring to Him.

Again though, God bless you in this endeavor and may all the praise and glory go to Jesus.

Upvote 0

WarEagle

Nov 12, 2006
✟7,149.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Visit Us as ww.FBCI.tk

Greetings from,
FBC Online Staff

Sincerely,
Austin Handle
FBC Online Founder

Right.

So, how do you handle church discipline? How are we to examine the lives of those in the "ministry" of this "church"? How do you gather for the corporate preaching and teaching of God's word? How do you gather for corporate worship? How do you take care of the widows and orphans? How do you baptize? How do you observe the Lord's Supper? How do you evangelize?

Upvote 0

trentlogain

Apr 25, 2007
✟15,422.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I also have some questions..Is this associated with the Southern Baptist Convention or any other Baptist organization, or is this an independent and personal venture you've set out to do?

I'm not trying to criticize what you're doing. In fact, I think it's a noble thing you're doing. I just want to get some background information in case I tell someone I saw the First Baptist Internet Church and they have questions also. God bless

Upvote 0

AustinHand

Jul 9, 2008
Cumming, Georgia, USA
✟7,646.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
@Wareagle, this is meant for people to make a start back. I know plenty of people that say they are Christians but never goto church. They are either too lazy or too worried about their personal lives. This is a place fr both. You can make a jump start at coming back then eventually go back to your normal chruch.

@trentlogain, Thanks trent, i know your are not thrying to criticize. This is an inpendent, personal venture.

Upvote 0

WarEagle

Nov 12, 2006
✟7,149.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Wareagle, this is meant for people to make a start back. I know plenty of people that say they are Christians but never goto church. They are either too lazy or too worried about their personal lives. This is a place fr both. You can make a jump start at coming back then eventually go back to your normal chruch.

The problem with that is that this is not a church and by telling them that it's a church, you're deceiving them and misleading them about what church is. That's going to present stumblingblocks to them going back to a real church, not help them.

In any event, each of the things I listed are duties of the church, as described in scripture. If you're going to claim to be a church, then you have a responsibility to explain how you plan to fulfil each of these duties.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

VT_Boy

Jesus is the only way to God
Aug 3, 2004
Visit site
✟3,109.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I applaud your effort in trying to reach people online. Why not put a disclaimer on the website that says, "This website is not a true replacement for a real church for a variety of reasons" (already listed in this thread) and encourage them to find a local Bible teaching church to aid them in their life. Give a list of reasons why going to a local church is better than an online one. I do understand not everyone can attend cause of health, work schedules or other reasons to attend when local church services are scheduled.

Upvote 0

murraylikespie

Senior Veteran
Jul 18, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
✟18,715.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
located all over the web, its an INTERNET church. I do live in Georgia, tho.
Sorry, same name as the church thats merging with mine. Kind of worrying my youth group cause we are trying to make sure they dont take away our youth pastor or change the youth group too much.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.