Portland, OR
✟38,868.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just curious - what does everyone think their favorite season is so far?

I'd recommend going to Lostpedia and really briefly looking at each episode to refresh your memory some. I don't know about the rest of you, but I would tend to vote for the most recent otherwise :p

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I picked Season 1.

FatBurger is right, it was tempting to choose Season 4, especially since we've finally started receiving so many answers.

But. I don't think any season has completely blown me away in as many ways as Season 1. Seeing for the first time that Locke was in a wheelchair, seeing the light come on in that hatch, the mystery of Danielle and the Others, before we really knew even who the Others were. All those cross-overs in the back stories, where we'd see Hurley giving a press conference after winning the lottery on the television in the house where Jin was beating a guy up for Mr. Paik, or Sawyer as a customer in Kate's mother's diner.

So many pants-blown-off moments, so many times when that crooked LOST logo came floating toward me on the black screen to mark the end of the show and I literally screamed, "No!" -- I don't think the emotional aspects of those moments have been as effective as they were in Season 1.

Now, we've kinda gotten to know the minds of Cuseloff, we know to expect big surprises, we can speculate more informedly and sort of have an idea of where things are going. Everything was new and fresh and unknown in Season 1.

Reactions: AirPo
Upvote 0

lovesdolphins

New year, new me, new baby????
Mar 28, 2007
Houston
✟15,296.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I picked Season 1.

FatBurger is right, it was tempting to choose Season 4, especially since we've finally started receiving so many answers.

But. I don't think any season has completely blown me away in as many ways as Season 1. Seeing for the first time that Locke was in a wheelchair, seeing the light come on in that hatch, the mystery of Danielle and the Others, before we really knew even who the Others were. All those cross-overs in the back stories, where we'd see Hurley giving a press conference after winning the lottery on the television in the house where Jin was beating a guy up for Mr. Paik, or Sawyer as a customer in Kate's mother's diner.

So many pants-blown-off moments, so many times when that crooked LOST logo came floating toward me on the black screen to mark the end of the show and I literally screamed, "No!" -- I don't think the emotional aspects of those moments have been as effective as they were in Season 1.

Now, we've kinda gotten to know the minds of Cuseloff, we know to expect big surprises, we can speculate more informedly and sort of have an idea of where things are going. Everything was new and fresh and unknown in Season 1.

You are right.

I didn't read Mr Burger's post before I voted... I'm an idiot :doh:. I should have refreshed my memory before so quickly voting #4. :doh:

Upvote 0

FatBurger

14% + Jesus = victory
Site Supporter
May 12, 2004
Portland, OR
✟38,868.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I picked season 2, I'll give some reasons why.

1. The absolute best opening scene (the best "surprise" scene at all, in my opinion).
2. The introduction to Dharma
3. Benry
4. A great cliffhanger at the end
5. Michael and Walt leave the island ("What? How can they just leave???")
6. Eko, Libby, & Bernard (Ana-Lucia didn't bring much, IMO)

But the biggest reason was that there were the most really great individual episodes, I think. More than any season they really played with metaphorical dreams & visions. From the chicken suit in "Everybody Hates Hugo" to Charlie's beach vision in "Fire + Water". They also had some episodes that didn't follow the typical island/flashback/island/flashback pattern, like "The Other 48 Days".

I think we also found out the most about the characters' pasts and personalities - Kate, Eko, Hurley, Libby, Claire, Charlie, Sayid, Sun...they all had major revelations about their past that season.

Upvote 0

BenAdam

Pirate King
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2006
Tortuga
✟51,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Poll needs to be multiple picks.

I love each season, and each has great things in it. But my favs are 2 and 3. Both for their closings (and overall content). As I reflect though and rewatch 4... I think it has the best writing overall.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums