Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
A couple days ago was the anniversary of Prince's death. So I wanted to see what people's favorite Prince songs are, experiences they had with/around him directly or if something happened while Prince was playing, you play Prince on certain occasions, saw any concerts, met him, have any good pics to post. Kind of a tribute to his genius and character. Though many of his songs had sexual insinuation, later in life he did profess to be a devout Christian, a Jehovah's Witness who didn't even allow swearing in Paisley Park his home, studio, and music venue in Chanhassen Minnesota.

I think my favorite fast song is "Kiss"
It seems cleché but for a slow song I think I like Purple Rain. It just seems to me like that is when I completely idolized him like he was bigger than anything in the world to me at that time. I also feel like since he passed away, I imagine he is singing that song to his fans and I just imagine him with the Purple and the bike and he just seems timeless when that song is playing and it feels like he is singing Purple Reign instead of Rain because he is the king of the stage. Having said all that, it'shard not to pick "The Beautiful Ones"

My favorite memory of him is when the movie Purple Pain came out, my mom took me out of school so we could see the mateneé. I didn't know it was going to happen but I was sooo happy I got to see Appollonia's boobs! She was off the scene for about three years before she stopped being my #1 ranked beauty in the world. What made that day so amazing was that, behind the theatre we went to was in the place where a couple scenes from the film was shot. Plus First Avenue was just about 2 blocks down the street from the theatre so much of the film was shot right around where we were sitting. My mom allowed for us to sit through it twice and on the way home we went through the department store instead of walking around. As we walked through the doors, there was the Purple Rain LP album. My mom bought it for me right there. I played that album over and over every day after school for weeks until I knew just about the whole thing by heart and mom didn't mind the repetition. I didn't give my mom any trouble for a long time after that!

I know it'snot all that exiting but these things made me a Prince fan for life. I listened to everything he did after that. I stopped following him a little bit probably after 200 or so and just listened to what I heard on the radio but I am going on Google play and find what I have been issing and build up my Prince collection again.

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
A couple days ago was the anniversary of Prince's death. So I wanted to see what people's favorite Prince songs are, experiences they had with/around him directly or if something happened while Prince was playing, you play Prince on certain occasions, saw any concerts, met him, have any good pics to post. Kind of a tribute to his genius and character. Though many of his songs had sexual insinuation, later in life he did profess to be a devout Christian, a Jehovah's Witness who didn't even allow swearing in Paisley Park his home, studio, and music venue in Chanhassen Minnesota.

I think my favorite fast song is "Kiss"
It seems cleché but for a slow song I think I like Purple Rain. It just seems to me like that is when I completely idolized him like he was bigger than anything in the world to me at that time. I also feel like since he passed away, I imagine he is singing that song to his fans and I just imagine him with the Purple and the bike and he just seems timeless when that song is playing and it feels like he is singing Purple Reign instead of Rain because he is the king of the stage. Having said all that, it'shard not to pick "The Beautiful Ones"

My favorite memory of him is when the movie Purple Pain came out, my mom took me out of school so we could see the mateneé. I didn't know it was going to happen but I was sooo happy I got to see Appollonia's boobs! She was off the scene for about three years before she stopped being my #1 ranked beauty in the world. What made that day so amazing was that, behind the theatre we went to was in the place where a couple scenes from the film was shot. Plus First Avenue was just about 2 blocks down the street from the theatre so much of the film was shot right around where we were sitting. My mom allowed for us to sit through it twice and on the way home we went through the department store instead of walking around. As we walked through the doors, there was the Purple Rain LP album. My mom bought it for me right there. I played that album over and over every day after school for weeks until I knew just about the whole thing by heart and mom didn't mind the repetition. I didn't give my mom any trouble for a long time after that!

I know it'snot all that exiting but these things made me a Prince fan for life. I listened to everything he did after that. I stopped following him a little bit probably after 200 or so and just listened to what I heard on the radio but I am going on Google play and find what I have been issing and build up my Prince collection again.

Do you think Prince's songs were too sexual in theme?

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I guess it would depend on who is listening to the sexual content. Not all of his songs are sexuexplicit either so I would say the answer to your question is yes, some songs are too sexual in nature for children

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I guess it would depend on who is listening to the sexual content. Not all of his songs are sexuexplicit either so I would say the answer to your question is yes, some songs are too sexual in nature for children

Why does he call himself Prince and not King-is there a nuance?

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
He dropped the last name for his "stage name" So instead of saying "Here is Prince Nelson!" it's just "Here is......PRINCE!" It's more dramatic I think. Also as a title, most people would say, when it comes to musical talent, he is 'The Prince" as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Wasn't a fan of "Prince" but I always hear Purple Rain whenever someone mentions him. His parents actually named him that? I thought it was just his stage name?
I think you are the first person I have come across who wasn't a Prince fan at least on some level. His catalog crosses so many genres. pop, funk. soul. r&b, rock, blues, country??? gospel. ballad, not much metal but some heavy guitar tracks

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
He dropped the last name for his "stage name" So instead of saying "Here is Prince Nelson!" it's just "Here is......PRINCE!" It's more dramatic I think. Also as a title, most people would say, when it comes to musical talent, he is 'The Prince" as well.

Is Prince and King different?

For example, there is Elvis Presley and Elvis Costello, but people just say Elvis when referring to Presley.

Upvote 0