✟1,160,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey all,

What kind of bands or artists do you like to listen to? Does your church play any songs you like a lot?

Hymns, songs, it doesn't matter. I'm interested in hearing what you all like
My church does use some of the music I like the most, luckily, quite a variety actually.

Some of my most favorite songs at times (not all, but some). Hillsong United is one source I enjoy, and we have even used my favorite "Oceans (where feet may fail)". Also, sometimes we do older favorites of mine (maybe once in a year) like "People Get Ready".

Here's an early version of that: :)

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,160,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey all,

What kind of bands or artists do you like to listen to? Does your church play any songs you like a lot?

Hymns, songs, it doesn't matter. I'm interested in hearing what you all like
Here's one I'm not sure we've used (maybe though), and I've love us to do at least once a year:

Reactions: HosannaHM
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We do stuff from Paul Wilbur, Joel Chernoff, Barry and Batya Segal, Marc Chopinsky (of blessed memory) and Steve McConnell.

I really like all those artists.

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟449,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The past few months our church has been doing mostly Elevation Worship, Phil Wickham, Bethel, Matt Maher and a little Hillsong.

This song has been particularly heavy in the rotation - but it's a good one.

Reactions: HosannaHM
Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟449,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks everyone. I’ll be sure to check this stuff out. Do you think most of our music selection in church today comes down to style(how the song is played)over content(the actual message of the song)?

Not in our church now or the one we attended for 20 some years prior to this one. There is enough solid content material out there to find a good rotation of songs in whatever style a congregation prefers. More than you could ever really play, in fact.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,160,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks everyone. I’ll be sure to check this stuff out. Do you think most of our music selection in church today comes down to style(how the song is played)over content(the actual message of the song)?

Well, a song can be played well which is nice, but the singer(s) really believing in what they are singing and having the spirit come, counts for much more than music quality or type.

So the words are so central, crucial.

Here's a great example of a song I felt was just ok musically at first, and the lyrics at first just ok...until I heard the words in the middle part. Boom. Like a tsunami. Those words in the musically different part in the middle are something, and so I love this song. over and over. After the middle words broke through, now all the rest of the song is working more for me too now, see.

Here's a good example of the singers really believing and with the words, and how that matters --

Last edited:
Upvote 0

maintenance man

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟487,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you think most of our music selection in church today comes down to style(how the song is played)over content(the actual message of the song)?

At our church the music is selected because the lyrics in some way connect with the message being delivered on that day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟449,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, a song can be played well which is nice, but the singer(s) really believing in what they are singing and having the spirit come, counts for much more than music quality or type.

So the words are so central, crucial.

Here's a great example of a song I felt was just ok musically at first, and the lyrics at first just ok...until I heard the words in the middle part. Boom. Like a tsunami. Those words in the musically different part in the middle are something, and so I love this song. over and over. After the middle words broke through, now all the rest of the song is working more for me too now, see.

Agree. Looked back at my post and realized I wasn't specific, but like you I was referencing the content of the song. There are enough strong content songs in every music style for a congregation to use. And Beth Ligertwood (on both Hosanna and What A Beautiful Name) writes some solid stuff. The Hosanna prayer part is particularly strong. Have you heard New Wine?

Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

HosannaHM

Christian Saved by Grace
Apr 4, 2010
Midwest
✟18,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Haven’t heard this song in a long time, love it! And I agree the bridge is so powerful. Thank you for sharing

Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0