Ruhama

25 'הושע ב
Feb 5, 2003
Visit site
✟891.00
Faith
Messianic
Hallo.  This topic caught my mind while reading the alcohol thread.  Since Nazarite vows are a sort of fast, I wondered about what other people's experiences of fasting have been.  Have any of you fasted?  Do you do it every year for Yom Kippur or other fast days?

If so, how have you done it (partial/full fast, how long...)?  What things did you think about, what did you learn?

I'm curious to hear about what it's been like for people. :)

dignitized

Aug 5, 2005
✟29,618.00
Ruhama: Personally, as a member of a religious order I make a weekly fast as well as seasonal fasts. Weekly, on Wednesdays we fast from solid food until we gather as an order to share a communal meal at 6PM. We also conduct an advent and a Lenten fast as part of our religious practices. Durring these times of preperation we follow a strict dietary fast as a form of self denial to prepare for the following feasts.

I have also from time to time made private fasts. Before I took my first vows I fasted for 7 days from everything but water with NO difficulty - NOW I struggle with the weekly wednesday fast! Funny how different it is when you COMMIT do doing something verse when you do it because you want to. ya know what I mean?

Upvote 0