Sydney Australia
✟5,426.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
So I like listening to all genres of music especially Rap music and theres always artists admitting to selling there soul for fame/money or having satanic imagery in there videos (upside crosses devil horn symbols blood baths or blasphemous lyrics) in there songs and even on interviews both bob dylan and Katy perry have admitted to it they don't even try and hide it like it just doesn't seem possible the devil could give someone 100s of millions of dollars and international fame just for a soul. A part of me says its just bs but the other part says its not.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
So I like listening to all genres of music especially Rap music and theres always artists admitting to selling there soul for fame/money or having satanic imagery in there videos (upside crosses devil horn symbols blood baths or blasphemous lyrics) in there songs and even on interviews both bob dylan and Katy perry have admitted to it they don't even try and hide it like it just doesn't seem possible the devil could give someone 100s of millions of dollars and international fame just for a soul. A part of me says its just bs but the other part says its not.

It just prompts me to pray for them more, especially those who are caught up in tragedies and the dynamics of suicide ideation, etc.

Upvote 0

Someone5u8

Jan 3, 2018
Sydney Australia
✟5,426.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I don't know what kind of music you're listening to, but I can't remember anything of that nature in music I ever listened to.
Kayne west eyes closed (I sold my soul to the devil thats a crappy deal but at least it came with a few toys like a happy meal). Rick Ross the devil is a lie. ( the devil is a lie b***ch I'm the truth)
The list goes on

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The conspiracy theories I've read go a bit deeper than that. The model you're referring to of someone selling his soul for fame and wealth is all over the place about the entertainment industry. But the discussion typically only relates to the incentives the soul-seller is offered. They generally don't mention the obligations the seller has placed upon him.

The conspiracy theories go that one can sell one's soul for wealth and fame (or at least a very good chance of it) but the obligation which gets placed on them is basically advancing the dark forces' various social, political and other agendas. The theory goes that, soul or no soul, the darkness won't just give somebody millions of dollars. That'll never happen. Instead, the seller must "earn" the money every day by doing the bidding of the darkness, even when they'd rather be home watching TV.

The reasons I'm a bit skeptical of these theories are:

(A) "Selling my soul" is a common expression which can often mean something other (and something far less) than literally selling one's soul to the darkness. The fact that it pops up in various songs is not necessarily an admission of dabbling with evil.

(B) If selling one's soul was a common practice in entertainment media, I would think it wouldn't be whispered about in the dark corners of the Internet; it would be the subject of mainstream news as whistle-blowers came forward to tell their stories of their experiences or at least things they'd witnessed.

(C) If this practice was viable, it's easy to envision a ton of rock bands, rappers, actors and so forth who probably don't even believe in the existence of their own souls who wouldn't think twice about selling it. Ergo you'd think we'd have tons more hugely successful, pro-Satan entertainers out there. But it's a pretty infrequent thing for people to literally invoke the Devil in their work.

(D) C adds an extra interpretive difficulty since one assumes the Devil would want his handiwork to become famous and well known to the whole world. Assuming selling one's soul for earthly success is even possible, what incentive does the darkness have to keep their collective work secret? Why wouldn't they openly take credit for their success?

Honestly, the only merit I can see in favor of this whole "soul selling" thing is that rap is so horrible it's almost easy to believe it comes straight from Hell. :D

But seriously, maybe this is a huge enterprise in the entertainment industry. I wouldn't know. But I don't see how it's possible as per the above. However, I do welcome correction from anybody with real and lengthy history dealing with this subject through verifiable first-hand, personal experience.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Someone5u8
Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Honestly, the only merit I can see in favor of this whole "soul selling" thing is that rap is so horrible it's almost easy to believe it comes straight from Hell. :D
lol AGREED!!

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

Sounds to me like you are inventing this whole thing.

What is really artistic expression, you are simply calling "selling your soul to the devil".
And then, you build on that by asserting a causal link between "selling your soul" and then in turn become a top-selling artist?

Think about how you established any of this.

It's just bizarre.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Why would the devil pay them millions for their souls when he could have them for free?

Reactions: Someone5u8
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Someone5u8

Jan 3, 2018
Sydney Australia
✟5,426.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Why would the devil pay them millions for their souls when he could have them for free?
True but didn't the devil offer Jesus all of the all the kingdoms of the world to if he fell down and worshiped satan. Im honestly confused as to the whole thing but its always good to know.

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟457,887.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These famous artists and celebrities say these things because they know they have a huge fan base and the meaning of "fan base" means "to follow". Satan tries to warp people's minds into following him and deny Christ because he knows his time is coming very quickly to an end.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,821.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"Selling your soul to the devil" is an often used phrase that means you've had to make sacrifices to get what you have. In the case of musicians and actors it's usually time, security, privacy and comfort that are given up for their success.

• Agree
Reactions: ViaCrucis
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
As GoldenBoy pointed out above, the expression is usually just that--an expression.

And from a Christian view point, one can't "sell their soul", that's not a thing a person can do. You also can't play in a fiddle competition with the devil, no matter how catchy the Charlie Daniels Band song is.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I can only think of one real life example.

Bart-Sells-His-Soul.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
True but didn't the devil offer Jesus all of the all the kingdoms of the world to if he fell down and worshiped satan. Im honestly confused as to the whole thing but its always good to know.
I'm actually more curious about the guy who made this claim that the devil approached Jesus with this offer. Was he actually there when this happened, or did he personally speak to Jesus and Jesus told him about the incident.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And from a Christian view point, one can't "sell their soul", that's not a thing a person can do. You also can't play in a fiddle competition with the devil, no matter how catchy the Charlie Daniels Band song is.
So you think Robert Johnson was lying?

Upvote 0