Family size limits

Should people be allowed to have loads of kids?

• Yes, go forth and multiply

• No, we have enough people already

Results are only viewable after voting.

BasinBrat

Oct 24, 2009
Wellington, New Zealand
✟15,193.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
The problem with a one-child policy is that it creates a dearth of workers to support the retirement needs of their parents.

I, personally, am part of the voluntary human extinction movement. I think the best thing we can do for the planet is to stop destroying it, and to die out. It's easy to be part of - just don't have any kids!

Upvote 0

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Kids are kind of funny. It seems like 1 to 3 child families tend to produce kids with more problems than larger families do. That should be looked at before limiting family size as a policy happens.

Stats?

Upvote 0

presto

Oct 17, 2009
✟226.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
By the way, thinking about this again, I want to add something: I think it’d take a very long time—at least a generation—to reach a point where we could expect perfect contraception use. Simply improving education is insufficient. A lot of people know that if you don’t use proper contraception, you could get pregnant. What you have to change is much more subtle and insidious.

You have to ensure that women are less willing to take the risk of an unwanted pregnancy than they are to tolerate the embarrassment of demanding that a man use a condom, and that, I’m afraid, means reducing the embarrassment as well as (or, preferably, instead of) increasing the stakes for pregnancy. You have to ensure that those women are willing not only to demand that he wear one, but also to either put it on him or check that he’s wearing it correctly, and demand that he use spermicide as well. And they need to do this every single time they have sex with a new partner, or a partner who is reluctant. They need to do it every single time a man wheedles and ums and ahs and says he can’t feel as much with a condom on. They need to refuse to have sex every single time there are no condoms to hand or their partner refuses to wear one. Even if they are intoxicated.

Education alone will never make that happen. What you need to do is to change people’s attitudes to women’s sexuality and to women who carry condoms; you need to alter the social and sexual dynamics between men and women. Surely this is just as intimidating a task as my earlier suggestions about changing attitudes towards family aspirations. In fact, I’d say it was a bigger mission.

(I’m framing this in terms of women because it’s women who get pregnant. I’m afraid there are a lot of men in the world who aren’t going to put a condom on out of the kindness of their hearts.)

If people practiced more oral sex they would not have thoes problems. [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] cant make you pregnant if its in your stomach.

Upvote 0

roflcopter101

Zero Gravitas
Dec 16, 2008
San Jose, CA
✟8,374.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
presto said:
If people practiced more oral sex they would not have thoes problems. [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] cant make you pregnant if its in your stomach.

I can see the makings of a great ad campaign.

Upvote 0

Fenny the Fox

Apr 21, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I would never support such legislation. And would, in fact, fight it as hard as possible.

It is far to much control over personal affairs for the US Government to hold. It would violate the Bill of Rights.

(Yeah, definitely small government supporter here. lol )

Upvote 0

Miss Elly

Miss Elly
Aug 24, 2009
Irving, Texas 75060
✟15,674.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think we would be striking away freedom were we to impose limits on family size. Do we have some population issues in the world? Yes, we do. But what nobody has mentioned is that a lot of scientific studies do believe that the population will cap off at some point in the future at around 9 billion. I don't know if that has changed, but I remember hearing that several times.

I agree with this, but many many people in the world have children and they slowly starve or forage for food like animals. It would be far cheaper for the government to pass out birth control than to take care of the masses. They need to be more educated to avoid having children they cannot afford and just use plain old common sense. Education to explain that they are dooming their kids to a slow death because of famine, filth, etc. Perhaps they don't really want all of these kids, but they are unwilling to stop what they are doing to prevent it...... one way of looking at it. But I don't believe the government forcing them to limit their families is right either.

It's really a paradox, teaming thousands of Americans are murdering unborn babies, while many millions in third-world countries are born but suffer. Millions of babies and children suffer either way. Murder is wrong and dooming a child to a life of poverty is irresponsible. Praying to the Lord Jesus by these families is the very best solution. If all people served the Lord and prayed the Lord's prayer, give us this day our DAILY bread, we would not have this problem of hunger. But praying to a cow instead of eating it won't cut it. Oh well, time for me to shut up.

Upvote 0

cantata

Queer non-theist, with added jam.
Feb 20, 2007
Oxford, UK
✟24,693.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

I’m all for more oral sex.

And more lesbianism, actually.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cantata

Queer non-theist, with added jam.
Feb 20, 2007
Oxford, UK
✟24,693.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Yea but not exactly biblical. Heterosexual married oral sex is the best way to maintain biblical credibility and curve population growth.

Sure, if you like that sort of thing. Other options (for your information) include anal sex, manual sex, sex toys, erotic massage, spanking, light bondage, and the liberal application of jam. Or whatever else floats your boat.

Upvote 0

presto

Oct 17, 2009
✟226.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sure, if you like that sort of thing. Other options (for your information) include anal sex, manual sex, sex toys, erotic massage, spanking, light bondage, and the liberal application of jam. Or whatever else floats your boat.

Eh sex without oral sex to completion you might as well not even be sexually active.

Upvote 0

canukian

Jan 23, 2009
canada
✟3,418.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Code:
The problem with a one-child policy is that it creates a dearth of workers to support the retirement needs of their parents.

I, personally, am part of the voluntary human extinction movement. I think the best thing we can do for the planet is to stop destroying it, and to die out. It's easy to be part of - just don't have any kids!

laughed out loud!!

Upvote 0

canukian

Jan 23, 2009
canada
✟3,418.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Originally Posted by BasinBrat

laughed out loud!!

but then was sad. it is sad to see our youth brainwashed by sons of the devil. hope you find the truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums