United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is what fear is doing to us.

A family from Spokane in a bus stopped in Forks for supplies. They were asked if they were Antifa, they said no. They were followed out of town and then as they were setting up camp, trees where dropped over the road.

This really worries me and could have ended differently if the people harassing the family wanted too.

A family suspected of being Antifa protesters was trapped on a road near their campsite, police say - CNN

Investigation attempting to ID suspects on video | Peninsula Daily News

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Patriot groups are pretty common in some parts of the country, especially the Northwest. They will do whatever they deem necessary to protect their towns. In this case it appears they targeted the wrong people. It was non-violent though and better than occupying the interstate like some protesters did in Minneapolis. While the media often reports that most of these groups are tied to white supremacy, I do know that many of the groups simply want to protect their communities and have an eagerness to exercise their second amendment rights.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Patriot groups are pretty common in some parts of the country, especially the Northwest. They will do whatever they deem necessary to protect their towns. In this case it appears they targeted the wrong people. It was non-violent though and better than occupying the interstate like some protesters did in Minneapolis. While the media often reports that most of these groups are tied to white supremacy, I do know that many of the groups simply want to protect their communities and have an eagerness to exercise their second amendment rights.
While I understand they want to protect their towns, does that give them the right to show up in force like that and follow them out of town?

It does make me wonder if the fact the family was multiracial had them react like that as well.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, it does sound like they overreacted. The problem with the armed groups is that you never know where they really stand. Some are White Supremacists. In this case they might have just been hyper-vigilant. I wonder too who is setting off these antifa rumors in the first place.

Upvote 0