✟9,640.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
Koey said:
I agree. God made light on day 1 and he made light on day 4. That cannot be taken literally, but must be "interpreted." The poetic devices used DO point to a creator who made the light. That I also take literally, if not the various interpretations of men.
Why does it have to be interpreted?
Light created on day one, Later things to shine that light. Too simple, no interpretation needed.
Macca. :preach:

Upvote 0

Macca

Veteran
Feb 25, 2004
Frankston North
✟9,640.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
Koey said:
I agree. God made light on day 1 and he made light on day 4. That cannot be taken literally, but must be "interpreted." The poetic devices used DO point to a creator who made the light. That I also take literally, if not the various interpretations of men.
Light created on day one, Later things to shine that light. Too simple, no interpretation needed!

Upvote 0

Koey

Veteran
Apr 25, 2004
Australia
Visit site
✟9,141.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Macca said:
Light created on day one, Later things to shine that light. Too simple, no interpretation needed!

What you just said WAS an interpretation. That's not what the Bible says. It is your words. It IS an interpretation.

Upvote 0

John Spong is wrong

Feb 13, 2005
Perth
Visit site
✟735.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Bevlina said:
And - a waste of taxpayers money Mum. It encourages single women to have babies.
The solution is simple though - restrict the rebate to MARRIED women.

And, btw, FF are the best thing for politics in this country since . . . well for a long time. A pity all the gullible masses have no idea of the role of our Senate and handed Howard an absolute majority. Hopefully, by next election, FF will be strong enough to control the Senate and put an end to Howards repulsive policies.

JSIW

Upvote 0

Workingmum

Veteran
Sep 6, 2004
✟8,805.00
Faith
Baptist
John Spong is wrong said:
The solution is simple though - restrict the rebate to MARRIED women.

And, btw, FF are the best thing for politics in this country since . . . well for a long time. A pity all the gullible masses have no idea of the role of our Senate and handed Howard an absolute majority. Hopefully, by next election, FF will be strong enough to control the Senate and put an end to Howards repulsive policies.

JSIW

Mmmm, interesting thoughts - though I don't know how different a FF government would be to the one we currently have, because John Howard and many on his cabinet are committed Christians and some attend Hills and other prominent AOG churches, deep in FF territory. Why would FF policies be any better than those currently put forward by Christians?

Upvote 0

Macca

Veteran
Feb 25, 2004
Frankston North
✟9,640.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
Workingmum said:
Mmmm, interesting thoughts - though I don't know how different a FF government would be to the one we currently have, because John Howard and many on his cabinet are committed Christians and some attend Hills and other prominent AOG churches, deep in FF territory. Why would FF policies be any better than those currently put forward by Christians?
You may be right in this; but is it a majority of committed Christians, or a minority?
Aminority would leave them unable to push some ethical policies through.
With more committed Christians, not in the Liberal Party, would allow more ethics in the senate. (one would hope)

Upvote 0