Michigan, USA
✟15,222.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So I have a problem with my family thinking that I'm not into God and my church as much as I really am. My mom thinks that I'm not very "Godly" and walking on the path I should be. My 13 y/o brother is like "no, just stop." And my 10 y/o bro just says nothing and has no opinion that I know of. My dad, he's a different story. He believes everything and "thinks he found Him" but he hasn't. It's quite a story behind him.

So does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about showing my family that I have more faith than they think I do?

Outpouring

Jan 19, 2016
Colorado
✟15,155.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Koof, I am sorry that you are experiencing this. It's not about showing people that you have faith to please them.
It's about your faith in God and your relationship with God. People can not determine your level of faith and belief based on their list of requirements. Continue to seek after God for His will and purpose for your life. Life is not about laws, do's and don'ts. The walk in your faith is a daily walk, yielding to Him daily and having the desire to please Him not people. All with honor, integrity and love no matter what. You are a representative a God. Remember He loves you, so when you fall down or make a mistake, always remember He loves you and you can always get back up, forgive yourself because He has already forgiving you and move forward in your walk with Christ. Use every challenge in life for a reason to learn and grow.

Make sure to stay in a ministry for your age group to keep you encouraged and get closer to God. God has a path for you. Seek after Him, stay in the word of God, that's our life's foundation and continuously in prayer (having a conversation with God) Pray for others, including your family.

Just becareful that in all that you do, it's not for the purpose just to let people see, always pray and make it about God.
Continue to ask questions when you are unsure. There's no such thing as a silly or dumb question.

Stay strong and courageous.

Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

1 Corinthians 16:13
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.

Blessings to you,

Reactions: Koof
Upvote 0

Koof

God's Padawan
Jan 17, 2016
Michigan, USA
✟15,222.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Koof, I am sorry that you are experiencing this. It's not about showing people that you have faith to please them.
It's about your faith in God and your relationship with God. People can not determine your level of faith and belief based on their list of requirements. Continue to seek after God for His will and purpose for your life. Life is not about laws, do's and don'ts. The walk in your faith is a daily walk, yielding to Him daily and having the desire to please Him not people. All with honor, integrity and love no matter what. You are a representative a God. Remember He loves you, so when you fall down or make a mistake, always remember He loves you and you can always get back up, forgive yourself because He has already forgiving you and move forward in your walk with Christ. Use every challenge in life for a reason to learn and grow.

Make sure to stay in a ministry for your age group to keep you encouraged and get closer to God. God has a path for you. Seek after Him, stay in the word of God, that's our life's foundation and continuously in prayer (having a conversation with God) Pray for others, including your family.

Just becareful that in all that you do, it's not for the purpose just to let people see, always pray and make it about God.
Continue to ask questions when you are unsure. There's no such thing as a silly or dumb question.

Stay strong and courageous.

Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

1 Corinthians 16:13
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.

Blessings to you,
Thanks! This really encourages me. I believe that I am able to let Him show my family that I am trying to stand and walk with him through my life and that He has a plan for me. This makes me want to keep pushing even farther, because I tried to hold back a little bit in front of my family.

Reactions: Outpouring
Upvote 0