T A K E  F I V E

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things. Philippians 4:8

In the UK, we have a programme on one of our terrestial (non cable/satellite) channels called "Faking It". The object of the programme is to take a person from their current working environement and in a month emesh them in to a new one to the point that they would not be distinguished by professionals of the new environement. Last week "MC Neck", or George, a Cambridge educated black lawyer was removed from his rugby playing, plane flying, corporate cocoon and placed in a more urban environement to pass himself of as underground DJ.

The contrasts of cultures made an interesting spectacle. Just imagine if you will Colin Powell trying to do an impression of P Diddy ( if either of those names escape you do a search on google!!)...anyway, the lawyer approached this new environment with fear and trepidation and totally turned on its head the concept that all black people were born with an instilled sense of style, rythm and dance!!!

One of the most embarassing moments for this man was when he went to one of the larger clubs after several weeks training to show his wares. You know in those Westerns when a cowboy enters a ghost town and all you see is dust and those famous tumble weeds......

How is this relevant to the devotion?? His determination!!! Being a fighter this man was determined not lose the battle and eventually ended up fooling two out of three music industry agents that he was a seasoned professional. Made me think I wonder how easy it would be to spot a fake Christian? Just a thought.......

Father in Heaven, I pray that as Christians we will not be faking it. That we will be real with you, ourselves and with others. Remind us we are in but not of this world. We know it is not easy and it can only be done by relying on you. In Jesus name. Amen.

TAKE FIVE DEVOTIONALS are a series of biweekly devotionals published by Milestone Ministries.

altya

Servant of God
Apr 28, 2002
South Africa
Visit site
✟14,320.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by The Simple Plan

Father in Heaven, I pray that as Christians we will not be faking it. That we will be real with you, ourselves and with others. Remind us we are in but not of this world. We know it is not easy and it can only be done by relying on you. In Jesus name. Amen.

Father I include myself in this prayer – Amen

Upvote 0

carmen

Aug 25, 2002
n.z
Visit site
✟1,462.00
Amazing I just finished a book by Charles Colson. Which has really stirred me with my deeds. And maded me really take a good hard look at evangelism.Christianity.
What is a fake witness and what is real.

He summed it up with one sentence for me.

Evangelism is more than proclamation; it is demonstration.

How much are we caring about our neighbors, clothing the naked, feeding the hungry, and visiting the sick and those in prison.

How much are we demonstrating the Love of God to the needy or are we just fill of proclamations. Fill of self centreness and thinking self righteous thoughts of ourselves.

Just putting in my challenge today....Find someone to demonstrate God's Love to.

yes standing in agreement with this prayer too. Amen.
Thanks for the post.

Upvote 0