Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Faithful & Unfaithful Servants
Matthew 24:42-51
Mark: 13:32-37
Luke: 12:38-48

These parables are the same and speak of Jesus Christ’s Second Advent, but also of His Kingdom and its order.

What I find interesting in Luke is that Peter asks Lord Jesus if He is telling this parable for everyone or just them. This is answered in Mark 13:37, but also in verses Luke 12:46 & Matthew 24:51. Jesus Christ is speaking of both believers and unbelievers.

I believe and understand it like this:
Jesus told this parable for everyone both to be warned and to be on guard, the dangers of sin is always at our door. For those who answer the call of Christ and attend the invitation of Grace, these are His faithful servants/slaves. Those who do not answer His call or ignore what they were taught by Him are the unfaithful servants/slaves. When He 'went away for a while', this reveals a person’s true intentions by such a test.

Is it not like the very same test a parent would do for their child when going away for a time and come back at an unexpected hour? Judgement is then carried out depending what that child decided to do - reward or punishment, as read in Luke 12:47-48.

In both Matthew and Luke Jesus says something that cut me deeply before I understood what He meant: that He “will cut him in two and assign his place with the unbelievers/hypocrites’’.
This absolutely had my attention and I couldn’t understand it because I was taking it quite literally, my own understanding. It wasn’t until just recently that I believe Jesus Christ means this in Hebrews 4:12-13.

We have to know the language of our Saviour and God with what He means in His own Word. He literally spells it out for us in His many books which He has preserved for our salvation, teaching and discipline (Romans 15:4 & 2 Timothy 3:16-17). We just have to be able to listen to what the Spirit tells us: Revelation 2:29, Revelation 3:22.