✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Hebrews 11:3 (NASB)

By faith we understand that the world has been created by the word of God so that what is seen has not been made out of things that are visible.

Nowhere is faith more necessary than when it comes to understanding God's creation. God and His creation can't be theorized, rationalized, or explained by theoretical or particle physics, quantum mechanics, doppler shift, paleontology, or other disciplines. If God could be explained by logic, there would be no need for faith.

As an engineer, I marvel at how the things I design transform life. But I'm yet to explain the miracle of rebirth or the resurrection of Christ. As Christians, we have to leave room for the supernatural. God has set Himself and His mysteries, including His creation, above human reach so that we would reach out to Him by faith. When we explain God's creation scientifically, we oversimplify His omnipotence (Job 38:2), ripping His divinity, power, and holiness out (2 Timothy 3:5-7) and making Him a benevolent but symbolic head.

God exalted Himself into the highest heavens, so we mere mortals reach out to Him by faith, not by logic.

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Hebrews 11:3 (NASB)

By faith we understand that the world has been created by the word of God so that what is seen has not been made out of things that are visible.

Nowhere is faith more necessary than when it comes to understanding God's creation. God and His creation can't be theorized, rationalized, or explained by theoretical or particle physics, quantum mechanics, doppler shift, paleontology, or other disciplines. If God could be explained by logic, there would be no need for faith.

As an engineer, I marvel at how the things I design transform life. But I'm yet to explain the miracle of rebirth or the resurrection of Christ. As Christians, we have to leave room for the supernatural. God has set Himself and His mysteries, including His creation, above human reach so that we would reach out to Him by faith. When we explain God's creation scientifically, we oversimplify His omnipotence (Job 38:2), ripping His divinity, power, and holiness out (2 Timothy 3:5-7) and making Him a benevolent but symbolic head.

God exalted Himself into the highest heavens, so we mere mortals reach out to Him by faith, not by logic.

Faith is not believing something when there is no logical explanation and a explaining something by logic does not do away with our need for faith, but just the opposite. For example, if you planning on going camping with a friend for a week and they promised you that they would bring all of the food and water, then even through the future is unseen, you can make a decision about whether to act with confidence that they will do what they promised based on the evidence of your past experience with them. So if you had faith that what they promised that they would do is as good as done, then you could focus on packing the other supplies in the confidence that they will bring all of the food and water that you will need, whereas if your friend has shown themselves to be untrustworthy in that past, such as forgetting supplies that they were supposes to bring, then it would not be a good idea to put faith in their promise, and instead bring a backup supply of food and water just in case. When people put their faith in God, it is not because they have no logical reason to trust Him, but because we have good grounds for believing that His word is trustworthy.

Upvote 0