Roanoke, Illinois
✟1,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Hi there. My name is Peter. I'm not really sure what to call myself from a religious belief aspect any more. At least not currently. You see, I grew up in a Christian family, going to church pretty much every Sunday, and then to youth group on Wednesdays. I'd go on youth missions sometimes. I then rebelled from religion around the age of 15, and got in with the bad crowd. I was Atheist for about 5 years and completely denied God. Then for about 12 years I was Agnostic, and didn't deny or accept God. I simply said that I didn't know? In that time however I enjoyed studying different spiritual beliefs, and religious aspects of life. I also write poetry and philosophies. So, about a month to two months ago, I was writing in a political forum, and the theory/subject/question of the Chicken vs. the Egg came up. Now this is a question that has been asked for many many years, basically, because it's asking to me anyways what or who is real/created everything and everyone in life? It's basically comparing God, vs Science or Evolution. So I was taking a shower thinking about this, and randomly I do believe that I came up with an answer to this age old question. That God is real, and I can prove it. However I still don't accept him as my God, for reasons I will never go into on here. How can I prove it? You see the Chicken/aka God had to come first. Mainly because the egg couldn't. If the egg came first, there would be no parent to teach the child/egg where to find food, water, and shelter. Or how to stay away from predators, and hide from them. The animal/race would cease to exist without the God/chicken coming first.

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi there. My name is Peter. I'm not really sure what to call myself from a religious belief aspect any more. At least not currently. You see, I grew up in a Christian family, going to church pretty much every Sunday, and then to youth group on Wednesdays. I'd go on youth missions sometimes. I then rebelled from religion around the age of 15, and got in with the bad crowd. I was Atheist for about 5 years and completely denied God. Then for about 12 years I was Agnostic, and didn't deny or accept God. I simply said that I didn't know? In that time however I enjoyed studying different spiritual beliefs, and religious aspects of life. I also write poetry and philosophies. So, about a month to two months ago, I was writing in a political forum, and the theory/subject/question of the Chicken vs. the Egg came up. Now this is a question that has been asked for many many years, basically, because it's asking to me anyways what or who is real/created everything and everyone in life? It's basically comparing God, vs Science or Evolution. So I was taking a shower thinking about this, and randomly I do believe that I came up with an answer to this age old question. That God is real, and I can prove it. However I still don't accept him as my God, for reasons I will never go into on here. How can I prove it? You see the Chicken/aka God had to come first. Mainly because the egg couldn't. If the egg came first, there would be no parent to teach the child/egg where to find food, water, and shelter. Or how to stay away from predators, and hide from them. The animal/race would cease to exist without the God/chicken coming first.

Yes ... this is the answer .... has been posted in these forums many times.

In regard to the chicken

Takes Male & Female fully formed - in order to breed to get the egg
Takes at least one adult to hatch (incubate) the egg
Takes at least one adult to care for the young while it is vulnerable and able to care for itself.

"parents" of any mammal species takes care of their young .... as designed by the Lord. ;o)

Genesis 1:24
And God said, "Let the earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, land crawlers, and wild animals according to their kinds." And it was so.

and that's exactly what we see.

Upvote 0

KnowThyself

Oct 7, 2019
Roanoke, Illinois
✟1,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
"Yes ... this is the answer .... has been posted in these forums many times."

Well... I'm new here, and this is my first thread. So I had never heard anyone else say it before. Actually, I've never heard anyone else talk about the Chicken and the Egg like that anywhere before.

Not with proof any ways. Simply people saying, yes or no, that it was or wasn't real. With no proof really to back it up. Simply empty theories, or empty so called answers.

Upvote 0

spiritualchristian7

Aug 6, 2019
NCR
✟16,028.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Have you ever wondered why men have penis and women, vagina? *key that fits the hole
why humans, animals, trees, or all things in general are shaped the way they are?
how everything fits perfectly together?

The answer is, there is a God.
and He is our Designer and Maker

Faith is believing without seeing.
Even Scientist and evolutionist have faith in their theories

• Agree
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

KnowThyself

Oct 7, 2019
Roanoke, Illinois
✟1,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Uuum What? I don't think you're quite getting the point of what I wrote.
I know God is real. I already said that in my thread. Did you read the whole thread? I was simply sharing with everyone how I could prove through logic that God is real, and not by faith. I have faith in my theory, yes. I simply chose not to accept God as my God. Even though I know he is real.

Upvote 0

spiritualchristian7

Aug 6, 2019
NCR
✟16,028.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why don't you give God a shot? Pray to God.
I was an atheist before I became a Christian. Logical. Factual. Know-it-all me. :)
One day, I decided to pray to God to show me the truth. I was confused of who or what I should believe in at the time because I was holding onto my 'religious' roots.
I got curious of what the truth is because I was envious of Christians who seem like they have everything figured out. So I decided to seek out God.

and it took me years to finally have all my questions answered by God.

If you want to start your faith journey, I suggest you start with knowing who Jesus Christ is.
Who Jesus is and why He had to die on the cross.

Pray to God to show you the truth. All it takes is for you to 'participate' to actually understand everything. You'll go nowhere if you only trust in what you already know, not what you don't want to know.

God shows the truth to the humble. To those who have ears to listen. To those who continuously seek Him out.

Upvote 0

KnowThyself

Oct 7, 2019
Roanoke, Illinois
✟1,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I've seen plenty of "truths" first hand. things of which most people only talk about, or see on the 6 o'clock evening news.
I know plenty of "truths". More than most people will, even come close to in their lives. how's about you live your life, and you don't try and tell me how to live mine? After all, that's my decision.

Upvote 0

spiritualchristian7

Aug 6, 2019
NCR
✟16,028.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've seen plenty of "truths" first hand. things of which most people only talk about, or see on the 6 o'clock evening news.
I know plenty of "truths". More than most people will, even come close to in their lives. how's about you live your life, and you don't try and tell me how to live mine? After all, that's my decision.
Ok. God Bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Well one thing I would point out is that many life forms are born with certain natural instincts which are necessary for them to survive. Personally I believe this is a prime example of God’s intelligent design. For example most mammals are born knowing what their mother is and where to get milk from the mother. Baby sea turtles know to head towards the ocean as soon as they hatch instead of randomly going in all directions. There are a lot of examples like this that I find are truly amazing.

• Agree
Reactions: renniks
Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I simply chose not to accept God as my God. Even though I know he is real.
This is a very interesting position to hold. You believe that God exists, that He is real, that He created the universe and ultimately you - yet you refuse to acknowledge that He's "your" God?

What does that even mean?

If you've come to a place where you believe God exists, what happens next in your thinking? God exists, got it. But what of this God? Is he a personal God, or is He more inline with deistic thinking?

Is morality, right and wrong real things that God has given knowledge of to people? If so, why did He do that? I am honestly really curious how and what you process about God after you come to the point where you acknowledge He's real.

You said you "knew" you were going to heaven. That's odd. Where did you develop your belief about heaven from? I can tell you it certainly can't be the Bible. I say that because nobody who says they do not accept God as their God is going to the Biblical version of heaven! So how did you formulate that belief?

Upvote 0

KnowThyself

Oct 7, 2019
Roanoke, Illinois
✟1,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
This is a very interesting position to hold. You believe that God exists, that He is real, that He created the universe and ultimately you - yet you refuse to acknowledge that He's "your" God?

What does that even mean?

If you've come to a place where you believe God exists, what happens next in your thinking? God exists, got it. But what of this God? Is he a personal God, or is He more inline with deistic thinking?

Is morality, right and wrong real things that God has given knowledge of to people? If so, why did He do that? I am honestly really curious how and what you process about God after you come to the point where you acknowledge He's real.

You said you "knew" you were going to heaven. That's odd. Where did you develop your belief about heaven from? I can tell you it certainly can't be the Bible. I say that because nobody who says they do not accept God as their God is going to the Biblical version of heaven! So how did you formulate that belief?

The Basic Principles of my morality do come from the Bible.
But it is sad when you're asking questions, to which I already have answered. Especially when you question my intellect as well. lol.

If you actually had read everything that I had posted in the original OP up above, you would know that I was raised in Christianity until a certain age.

It would be really really nice in life in general if people actually weren't so stupid, and used more common sense on a regular basis. lol.
Buuuuuuuut, I doubt that's going to happen any time soon.

Upvote 0

KnowThyself

Oct 7, 2019
Roanoke, Illinois
✟1,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln

It is better to be original, then to always follow and copy off of other people
~Peter.(me!)/KnowThyself

Just because you think that you're being Holy and doing God's work, doesn't mean that you're. You may call yourself a believer, when you simply are just a fake doing the Devil's work.
~Peter.(me!)KnowThyself

I just made these up right now, off the top of my head. I hope you like them! :):oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The Basic Principles of my morality do come from the Bible..
I find this really interesting. So you

1. Acknowledge that God exists.
2. Acknowledge that morality as outlined in Scripture is True and reflects God's character.

But then, you also say:
I simply chose not to accept God as my God. Even though I know he is real.

What I'm asking is how does that work and what does that actually mean? How does one believe that God exists but then not accept them as their God? Are you not concerned with what God might think about that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KnowThyself

Oct 7, 2019
Roanoke, Illinois
✟1,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I find this really interesting. So you

1. Acknowledge that God exists.
2. Acknowledge that morality as outlined in Scripture is True and reflects God's character.

But then, you also say:

What I'm asking is how does that work and what does that actually mean? How does one believe that God exists but then not accept them as their God? Are you not concerned with what God might think about that?

I'm not sure what you can't comprehend about it? Just because most others in society either do, or they don't believe in God, and accept him as their personal savior doesn't mean that I have to be one or the other.

I accept that God is real, I just don't accept him as my personal savior, or as my God. Does that make sense, because I can't break it down any more for you than that. lol.

I could go get a child to try and explain it to you. Maybe you could relate better with him or her?

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I accept that God is real, I just don't accept him as my personal savior, or as my God. Does that make sense, because I can't break it down any more for you than that. lol.
I just find it interesting that you are acknowledging that God exists and that morality DOES accurately stem from the character of God as portrayed in Scripture, yet you are not willing to acknowledge anything else in Scripture is true.

Do you believe that Jesus as portrayed by Scripture is True? How far does your belief in the Bible go? And on what basis do you personally determine which parts of the Bible are true and which parts are fanciful?

I could go get a child to try and explain it to you. Maybe you could relate better with him or her?
You could try being less condescending and more charitable in your interactions.

Upvote 0

KnowThyself

Oct 7, 2019
Roanoke, Illinois
✟1,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I just find it interesting that you are acknowledging that God exists and that morality DOES accurately stem from the character of God as portrayed in Scripture, yet you are not willing to acknowledge anything else in Scripture is true.

Do you believe that Jesus as portrayed by Scripture is True? How far does your belief in the Bible go? And on what basis do you personally determine which parts of the Bible are true and which parts are fanciful?

You could try being less condescending and more charitable in your interactions.

The level of some people's ignorance baffles me intellectually. lol.
Especially when person, after person, after person, asks questions to which the answers have already been supplied. lol.

Go and read the OP again, to this thread. Ye shall find thee answer to your questions there.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The level of some people's ignorance baffles me intellectually. lol.
Especially when person, after person, after person, asks questions to which the answers have already been supplied. lol.

Go and read the OP again, to this thread. Ye shall find thee answer to your questions there.
Not really. What you said is that you will not answer that question.... For Reasons you will never go into here.

Upvote 0

KnowThyself

Oct 7, 2019
Roanoke, Illinois
✟1,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Not really. What you said is that you will not answer that question.... For Reasons you will never go into here.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
u must have skipped over this part? hahaha
"I'm not really sure what to call myself from a religious belief aspect any more. At least not currently."
It's right at the very begining.

Upvote 0