✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip)
Yes, Trump supports Christian values.
M-Bob
...I've been a Christian for over 45+ years and the above is in no way, shape, or form anything that even SORT of resembles a "Christian value". Dress it up how you will, add as many "clobber Scriptures" wrested out of context that you like. It's not a "Christian value". :wave:
tulc(thinks to believe it is, is actually pretty sad) :sigh:

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
...I've been a Christian for over 45+ years and the above is in no way, shape, or form anything that even SORT of resembles a "Christian value". Dress it up how you will, add as many "clobber Scriptures" wrested out of context that you like. It's not a "Christian value". :wave:

All that proves is just that many have not done their homework.

When these marriages end in divorce as happens very often they turn into a "hot mess", especially for the children involved.

Ever studied the stress that these kids go through in school and life? It ain't pretty but, if course some don't care.

Are there (any) churches out there that support these adoptions?

Here's a judge that has seen and heard of many troubled cases.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/307679001
LOUISVILLE --- A family court judge who sits in Barren and Metcalfe counties has announced he will no longer hear adoption cases involving “homosexual parties” because he believes allowing a gay person to adopt could never be in the child's best interest.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Study Examines Effect of Having a Gay Parent

These kids experience more problems.
Makes sense to a faith based Christian
who believes in the Word.

OK let us try a scenario here.
I am a little boy or girl who is going to be adopted out. Would I rather be adopted by a gay couple or a man and woman (straight) couple? Even little boys and girls know the answer to that one.
Why Put Them In Harms Way?
M-Bob

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Scann

Oct 10, 2019
south east asia
✟17,164.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Actually, like or dislike Trump, the fact that they can deny LGBT parents is a reason to cheer. :clap::clap:

Upvote 0

ilovechloe

Oct 25, 2019
Brisbane
✟5,034.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Study Examines Effect of Having a Gay Parent

These kids experience more problems.
Makes sense to a faith based Christian
who believes in the Word.

OK let us try a scenario here.
I am a little boy or girl who is going to be adopted out. Would I rather be adopted by a gay couple or a man and woman (straight) couple? Even little boys and girls know the answer to that one.
Why Put Them In Harms Way?
M-Bob
I think that the child wants to be adopted by parents who will love & care for them, regardless of their parents sexual orientation. And why are you putting them in 'harms way' be letting a homosexual couple adopt them? There are plenty of horror stories of children being abused by heterosexual parents.

Upvote 0

ilovechloe

Oct 25, 2019
Brisbane
✟5,034.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
All that proves is just that many have not done their homework.

When these marriages end in divorce as happens very often they turn into a "hot mess", especially for the children involved.

Ever studied the stress that these kids go through in school and life? It ain't pretty but, if course some don't care.

Are there (any) churches out there that support these adoptions?

Here's a judge that has seen and heard of many troubled cases.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/307679001
LOUISVILLE --- A family court judge who sits in Barren and Metcalfe counties has announced he will no longer hear adoption cases involving “homosexual parties” because he believes allowing a gay person to adopt could never be in the child's best interest.
All your post proves is that there are many biased & prejudiced bigots, some of whom are judges & even presidents! The story you linked to never claims that the Judge has heard 'many troubled cases' as you claim. The judge has admitted that he is biased & prejudiced, which is why he has to excuse himself from hearing such cases, or he would be breaking the law!

Upvote 0

creslaw

Site Supporter
Oct 20, 2015
✟171,835.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No child would choose to be deprived of a mother and a father. When this happens through death or divorce we see it as a misfortune for the child. Two mothers or two fathers does not make up for not having both a mother and a father. It is child abuse to deliberately deprive children of having male & female parents in the home.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is child abuse to deliberately deprive children of having male & female parents in the home.

Seems most all Christians would agree with you.
And how many of these homes
would be Christian homes?
I will only let God make that call?
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Trump administration proposes HHS rule letting faith-based adoption groups deny would-be LGBT parents

The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) proposed a new rule Friday that would allow faith-based foster care and adoption agencies to continue receiving federal money even if they turn away same-sex couples on the basis of the agencies' religious beliefs.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Yes, Trump supports Christian values.
M-Bob
All politicians support Chritian values in some area and reject them in another.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That’s a grand assertion. Allow me to make one. Children should not be exposed to sexual perversion no matter the sexual orientation.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That’s a grand assertion. Allow me to make one. Children should not be exposed to sexual perversion no matter the sexual orientation.
I believe that's true as well. I'm curious though: are you suggesting two people who love each other would, in itself, be a perversion because you don't happen to like who they love? :scratch:
tulc(is having an excellent day today) :wave:

Upvote 0

ilovechloe

Oct 25, 2019
Brisbane
✟5,034.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
M-Bob
I have seen documentaries on abused children who were bought up in heterosexual 'christian' homes, where the children were abused on a daily basis, because the parents took the bible so literally, & they thought that they were bringing up their children according to 'gods word'. I have also seen a documentary called 'Jesus Camp' where heterosexual parents sent their children to be mentally abused & brainwashed by a sadistic 'christian' preacher. Are these the sort of 'Christian' homes you are referring to, because I see no love at all in any of these places, only fear & hatred!

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
M-Bob (emph. added)
Well...you don't seem to be doing that in this thread. Otherwise you you wouldn't have posted the OP in the first place. :wave:
tulc(can't have it both ways M-Bob) :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ilovechloe

Oct 25, 2019
Brisbane
✟5,034.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
No child would choose to be deprived of a mother and a father. When this happens through death or divorce we see it as a misfortune for the child. Two mothers or two fathers does not make up for not having both a mother and a father. It is child abuse to deliberately deprive children of having male & female parents in the home.
NO, child abuse is actually abusing the child, both mentally & physically. It has nothing to do with whether the parents are heterosexual or homosexual.

If a homosexual couple is able to show love, compassion & understanding to a child, provide for their physical & emotional needs, & give them a good education, then the child will be far better off, than if the child is raised in a dysfunctional heterosexual household. I am not saying that all heterosexual couples are dysfunctional, & that all homosexual households are functional either. All I am saying is that a child can thrive in both instances if the right conditions are met by the parents, regardless of their sexual orientation!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have seen documentaries on abused children who were bought up in heterosexual 'christian' homes, where the children were abused on a daily basis, because the parents took the bible so literally, & they thought that they were bringing up their children according to 'gods word'. I have also seen a documentary called 'Jesus Camp' where heterosexual parents sent their children to be mentally abused & brainwashed by a sadistic 'christian' preacher. Are these the sort of 'Christian' homes you are referring to, because I see no love at all in any of these places, only fear & hatred!
Documentaries obviously one sided. Did these documentaries show the abuse in lesbian marriages? Of course not because that would be going against the narrative.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe that's true as well. I'm curious though: are you suggesting two people who love each other would, in itself, be a perversion because you don't happen to like who they love? :scratch:
tulc(is having an excellent day today) :wave:
Yes any sexual relations outside of a one woman and one man union is by definition fornication and perversion.

Upvote 0

ilovechloe

Oct 25, 2019
Brisbane
✟5,034.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Documentaries obviously one sided. Did these documentaries show the abuse in lesbian marriages? Of course not because that would be going against the narrative.
I have never said that a lesbian or gay couple cant be child abusers, obviously they can be. However the statistics show that a child is at no greater risk of child abuse with homosexual parents, than they are with heterosexual parents.

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, like or dislike Trump, the fact that they can deny LGBT parents is a reason to cheer. :clap::clap:

Maybe evangelical Christians should be denied the right to adopt children. Maybe these particular Christians should be also be denied housing, insurance, medical care, employment, employment benefits, service in a public business, the right to marry, and be subjected to relentless harassment and bullying in the workplace. Maybe they should start reaping what they sow and be treated like second class citizens while being denied civil rights and equality. After all, it's a biblical teaching that people will reap what they sow. We would hear the gnashing of teeth and screams of persecution if these Christians were experienced the kind of discrimination against homosexuals that they cheer on.

"An injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have never said that a lesbian or gay couple cant be child abusers, obviously they can be. However the statistics show that a child is at no greater risk of child abuse with homosexual parents, than they are with heterosexual parents.
Because there are more heterosexual marriages there will be more of a chance. That’s what such documentaries suspect.

Did the documentaries cite other statistics as in if a child has a mother and father they tend to be raised physically, mentally and emotionally more stable than a family with just one parent or same sex parents?

Reactions: Athanasius377
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.