Visit site
✟8,053.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is from a book I have been reading..

(as a note, I dont debate )

When Heaven Invades Earth

Faith - Anchored in the Unseen

By, Bill Johnson, Bethel Church, Redding CA

REACT OR RESPOND
Many who have feared the excesses made by others in the name of faith have ironically embraced unbelief. Reaction to error usually produces error. Response to truth always wins out over those who react to error. Some people would have no belief system were it not for the error of others. Their thoughts and teachings are the antithesis of what others believe and practice. As a result those who strive for balance become anemic. The word balance has come to mean middle of the road—of no threat to people or the devil, with little risk, and above all…the best way to keep our nice image intact.

The Church warns its members about the great sin of presumption. God warns us of the sin of unbelief. Jesus didn’t say, When I return will I find people who are excessive and presumptuous? He was concerned about finding people with faith, the kind He displayed. While we often huddle in groups of like-minded people, those with faith blaze a trail that threatens all of our comfort zones. Faith offends the stationary.

People of great faith are hard to live with. Their reasoning is otherworldly. My grandfather, a pastor, sat under the ministry of several great men and women of God of the early 1900s. He used to tell me how not everyone liked Smith Wigglesworth. His faith made other people feel uncomfortable. We either become like them or we avoid them. We find their lifestyle either contagious or offensive with little neutral ground. Smith is well loved today…but it’s only because he’s dead. Israel loved their dead prophets too.

There’s something amazing about unbelief—it is able to fulfill its own expectations. Unbelief is safe because it takes no risk and almost always gets what it expects. Then, after a person gets the answer for their unbelief, they can say, I told you so.

J4Jesus

MY HEART BELONGS TO JESUS
Oct 22, 2005
✟54,260.00
Faith
Word of Faith
SpiritsFire said:
As a result those who strive for balance become anemic. The word balance has come to mean middle of the road—of no threat to people or the devil.....​

Some may call it "balance" -I'd call it "compromise"

There’s something amazing about unbelief—it is able to fulfill its own expectations. Unbelief is safe because it takes no risk and almost always gets what it expects. Then, after a person gets the answer for their unbelief, they can say, I told you so.

:scratch: Hmmm.... now doesnt that sound very very familiar!!:D

Upvote 0

Simon_Templar

Not all who wander are lost
Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟34,832.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Christian balance consists in simply "truth".

The author here says don't react to error.. but his premise itself seems to be a reaction to the errors of those who "throw the baby out with the bathwater".
From what I've seen the people who get upset with heresy hunters etc, are little better themselves, when it comes to "faith" and practices which make them uncomfortable.

Christians like their golden cows, and they also like to knock down other people's.

Upvote 0

SpiritsFire

Nov 9, 2006
Redding CA
Visit site
✟8,053.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Christian balance consists in simply "truth".

The author here says don't react to error.. but his premise itself seems to be a reaction to the errors of those who "throw the baby out with the bathwater".
From what I've seen the people who get upset with heresy hunters etc, are little better themselves, when it comes to "faith" and practices which make them uncomfortable.

Christians like their golden cows, and they also like to knock down other people's.
Thanks for your thoughts... As a reminder, this was posted as edification and encouragement for those of like mind ONLY .. I will not debate its content in any way with anyone who dissagrees.... :)

Reactions: J4Jesus
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.