Washington
✟220,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was just wondering how many couples share a Facebook page, or do you have separate pages, or one spouse has one and not the other, or not at all?

A Christian couple I know shares one (or at least he uses her account periodically). Another couple each have their own, but the husband is on his wife's friends list so he can be updated on what's going on. He says he rarely posts anything. My wife has one to connect with friends and family, but I don't have one.

Just curious on how "open" some couple are in this aspect...

chaz345

Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We each have our own, are on eachother's friends list and are usually in the same room when either of us is on facebook. I've even gone so far as to ask her if it's ok if I accept friend requests from old girlfriends from high school. One in particular who I was still seeing after I had started seeing my wife, and whom I had sex with, I specifically made a point to ask her. My wife was like" hey you're married to me what do I have to worry about". And she's right. Not to mention that we're talking about people (my high school friends) who live 3000 miles away.

Upvote 0

xDenax

Jewish
Jul 20, 2009
United States
✟13,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We have our own. I signed up for Facebook when it first started, when you had to be a student. My husband didn't sign up until about last year. I wouldn't want to share anyway. I have my own friends and he has his own (I don't know who he went to school with, etc). I also have my own pages and group memberships. We do share some but we also have our own interests. We both use our accounts on a daily basis. We are on each others friends list and I am listed as his wife. I do not list him as my husband because his page is more public and I'd rather people not click on it. I keep mine very private.

Upvote 0

Niffer

So...that just happened.
Aug 1, 2008
Ontario
✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
We each have our own, but we check eachothers as often as we check our own.
We know eachother's passwords and its completely open (and a non-issue) if we want to check eachothers facebook.
That being said though, we're very open - and have the same mentality with our E-mail as well.
It works fine for us! :)

- Niff

Upvote 0

janman345

Jun 15, 2010
✟1,170.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My wife has one and I do not, she is in a union but I am a contractor, honestly facebook is a huge security risk, every week you hear about someone that gets fired from something they posted on facebook and who knows how many people dont get hired because of companies snooping around on the internet for a potential candidate.

In fact I changed my professional email on my resume because it was tied to too many things online and I created a professional business with my own logo, I now work hard to keep my personal opinions on issues COMPLETLEY separate from my professional life. With facebook (as opposed to internet forums) thats almost impossible to do, unless you have fake names and little info on your facebook page but then whats the point of even having one if your going to do that.

Its unfortunate that corporations have been allowed to rule the roost in this nation through economic means (NAFTA, H1 visas etc) but thats the new reality for the peasent class.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
May 25, 2010
Visit site
✟18,018.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We each have our own; when we were long distance it was one of our primary means of flirting with each other. Now we use it primarily in the same room. He has no ex girlfriends so I don't have to worry about anything like that, my one ex is on my friends list but I only have him on there because he's one of the needy type of guys who drop out of everything when they're suicidal... so if I notice he hasn't posted in a bit I give him a ring on the phone (with my husband's permission).

Upvote 0

Robinsegg

SuperMod L's
Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2006
Near the Mississippi
✟63,126.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hubby has one, mainly because that's the way our church youth group (which he assists with) largely communicates. I don't have one, but could access his at any time (as he could access this account at any time).

Hubby has had women he's known before contact him . . . including one who stalked him (a friend's kid sister) before. When that happens, he lets me know what's going on. I'm like the wife of the guy upthread . . . dh married me, why would I worry?

Rachel

Upvote 0

Jakihe

A Light in the Darkness
Jul 25, 2010
Europe
✟8,342.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was just wondering how many couples share a Facebook page, or do you have separate pages, or one spouse has one and not the other, or not at all?

A Christian couple I know shares one (or at least he uses her account periodically). Another couple each have their own, but the husband is on his wife's friends list so he can be updated on what's going on. He says he rarely posts anything. My wife has one to connect with friends and family, but I don't have one.

Just curious on how "open" some couple are in this aspect...

We each have one....
my husband usually quotes scripture on his and I usually just see what the friends and family are doing....
we do have a Christian FB account we share, for the town we live in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hisluv4me

Loving God
Feb 15, 2010
✟15,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have one and so does my Hubby. I know most of the people on his page. I think you should be able to have access to your spouses page no matter what. On the other hand I do think that there is a risk with Facebook and it having the potential to harm the marriage depending on the situation.

Upvote 0