Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I see no reason why there should be any et's out there.
But for fun think the best answer is to assume that any intelligent alien life forms would like c.s. lewes scifiction stories, know about God and Jesus and once languages have been translated think their first question to us would be.' Tell us more about Jesus?'

Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes I think the lives in heaven could be termed "extra terrestrial". In fact I think all of the visitations by "so called" aliens that are occurring in alarming number across the world are actually spiritual beings rather than flesh and blood creatures from another planet. I think they are actual evil spirits.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Will discovery of et overturn the belief of Christianity?
I imagine that the faith of Christians whose theological perspective demands that mankind and angels be the only creatures who can reason and have God's attributes will be severely shaken if not destroyed by such a discovery. Others who don't share that limited view would easily accept it. So it all depends on what the particular Christian involved believes beforehand.

• Agree
Reactions: Sanoy
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
To me it is highly unlikely that there are not other planets throughout the Universe that support life. Many of those planets undoubtedly support intelligent life, and some undoubtedly support intelligent life that that is far more advanced than we are.

And no, it will neither shake nor destroy my faith if and when we make contact with such life.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Do you believe extraterrestrial life exists?
Can we consider the lives in heaven is extraterrestrial life?

Considering "extra-terrestrial" literally means "from beyond Earth", then it would be perfectly accurate to consider God and those in heaven "extra-terrestrial" by definition.

As for "extra-terrestrials" in the common terminology, as in "aliens from another planet in our universe", considering how there's so many galaxies out there, and billions of stars (and likely planets) in our galaxy alone, I feel like it's likely that at least one intelligent (and possibly space-travelling) race lives out there somewhere.

The way I see it, if God just wanted us to be the only intelligent civilization-and-technology advanced species in the universe, he likely wouldn't have created all the galaxies and such in the first place, just our tiny section of the solar system.

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

[serious]

'As we treat the least of our brothers...' RIP GA
Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Based on the number of stars in our observable universe, I would say the presence of life elsewhere in the universe is almost certain. When we get into spacefaring life, I'm not at all sure. I would suspect that actual manned interstellar flight would be far more difficult than any practical utility. Self replicating robots from simple chemicals would be equally challenging I think, but somewhat more possible. Basically, even though I think there is life out there, I don't think we have, or ever will meet it. I wouldn't be overly shocked if some day we detect it remotely though. We are starting to reach the point where we can effectively measure the atmospheric conditions of exoplanets and there can be tells that life exists from that.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually there is a reason, because the laws of the universe are universal. If there was life somewhere else in the universe it would look very much like life here on Earth. This is according to a branch of science that they call Evo Devo.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Actually there is a reason, because the laws of the universe are universal. If there was life somewhere else in the universe it would look very much like life here on Earth.

Actually it is very probably that life on other planets would look nothing like life on Earth. The Search for Life in the Universe -- NASA Astrobiology Magazine

This is according to a branch of science that they call Evo Devo.

Evo Devo, or Evolutionary Development, generally looks at the development of life on Earth. The study of life elsewhere in the universe is known as exobiology.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
To me it is highly unlikely that there are not other planets throughout the Universe that support life. Many of those planets undoubtedly support intelligent life, and some undoubtedly support intelligent life that that is far more advanced than we are.

And no, it will neither shake nor destroy my faith if and when we make contact with such life.
It would seem that the Good Lord has set very difficult barriers in our way because he doesn't want us to intermingle if indeed there are other intelligent material creatures in our material universe. Otherwise he would have made it far easier.

BTW
Perhaps he considers their association with us presently detrimental to them?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
But for fun think the best answer is to assume that any intelligent alien life forms would like c.s. lewes scifiction stories, know about God and Jesus and once languages have been translated think their first question to us would be.' Tell us more about Jesus?'
Perhaps their original first ancestors never sinned as our Adam and Eve did and they never suffered a fall and exist in a blameless state and in an environment where death and decay never took hold?

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Actually there is a reason, because the laws of the universe are universal. If there was life somewhere else in the universe it would look very much like life here on Earth. This is according to a branch of science that they call Evo Devo.
Yes you are tottal right the 'laws' of science are universal. As life was created it did not arise by chance, there is no reason to suppose that there is life 'out there'.,

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes you are tottal right the 'laws' of science are universal. As life was created it did not arise by chance, there is no reason to suppose that there is life 'out there'.,
One theory is that Heaven is a planet like the earth only bigger. When people die they are transported there through a system of wormholes that exists in the universe. So we can go from one place in the universe to another very rapidly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
One theory is that Heaven is a planet like the earth only bigger. When people die they are transported there through a system of wormholes that exists in the universe. So we can go from one place in the universe to another very rapidly.
Your problem is that you prefer an imaginative bit of story telling to the truth.

Jesus said that he was The Truth, the Life and the Way. He told us about heaven, was he lieing?

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Will discovery of et overturn the belief of Christianity?

Did the discovery of people living in the Americas overturn the belief of Christianity?

For European Christians living in the 15th and 16th centuries, the discovery of continents across the ocean with whole new peoples never before known was as radical to them as that of intelligent life living on other distant planets out in the cosmos is to us.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

It may or may not.. I do not find it relevant to Christianity though..

The common interpretation of Extraterrestrial is a form of life in the universe but not on earth..

Heaven is not part of this universe.. Therefore life there cannot be considered extraterrestrial..

Upvote 0