✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, and just look at how many people think
justification is a one-time instantaneous event.

Salvation is meant to be a co-operative effort between God and the BAC.
It's a covenant ...
both parties have their parts to play!

P.S. habitual sinners are on their way to hell.
The new covenant is a unilateral covenant requiring only acceptance on the part of the recipient.

• Agree
Reactions: klutedavid
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
WIth or without love, it only takes one transgression, one sin, to be liable to judgment.

The penalty for sin, even one sin, is death, right ? (according to all Scripture)
Only according to the law.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i see no reason to argue with you about this. It seems were essentially on the same page on this issue. I feel alot of churches treat you well and tell you your saved as long as they speculate your giving money to the church regularly. Some user on this site posted a "95 theses" type of post and number 66 was churches should accept stuff and services as a tithe in addition to money. I've seen churches that said this is not biblical and i've certainly never seen a church so far that did the practice.
There's no tithe in the NT.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Not for the right reason. And not unconditionally.
How can one determine whether of not they are loving in such a way that is beneficial to them?

• Agree
Reactions: frogoon234
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure of your spiritual condition. But faith is obvious to me as being the motive behind all I do.
But the purpose of the OP, which I think you agree with, is to instruct us that we must do something besides just believe for salvation. How do I know if I’m doing love right? How do I know if I have enough faith?

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But the purpose of the OP, which I think you agree with, is to instruct us that we must do something besides just believe for salvation. How do I know if I’m doing love right? How do I know if I have enough faith?
Evidently we find out after our demise. So live in fear calling the words of Jesus a deceptive lie That is unbelief.

Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In my case I pray without ceasing throughout each day. Walking in the Spirit. So I'm always in a state of faith towards God. Based on this, love is in the forefront of my thoughts and motives. If I cannot think or act in faith and love, I reject the impulse.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
In my case I pray without ceasing throughout each day. Walking in the Spirit. So I'm always in a state of faith towards God. Based on this, love is in the forefront of my thoughts and motives. If I cannot think or act in faith and love, I reject the impulse.
Where in scripture do you find that you are doing enough to sustain your state of being saved?

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where do you find in scripture that your approach is correct and sufficient?
Here's my approach to walking in the Spirit.

“Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;” (2 Corinthians 10:5) (KJV 1900)

We censor every impure thought or imagination. And change the channel in our thinking on any thought that does not conform to obedience to Christ.

And we replace it with:

“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” (Philippians 4:8)

Knowing Jesus is God and God is love. So Jesus is lord of our lives when love rules our thoughts and actions.

Upvote 0