Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I'm sure most people know - but "fiat lux" is Latin for "let there be light", and the symbol below is ChiRho, an ancient Greek Christogram.

I never took any latin in high school so I do not know much at all. I wondered what the ChiRho is, thanks!

• Friendly
Reactions: Daniel9v9
Upvote 0

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Mine used to be an avatar version of myself with a beanie cap, beach clothes, and flip flops. I changed it just recently to reflect my true source of living and desire for all people.

It is a dove flapping in fire. Goes along with my name. If everyday believers lived "ByTheSpirit" a bit more, the world would truly be a place of peace and rest.

Sometimes it takes some fire of sorts to get the job done. Fire can destroy things, but it can also purify. The imagery is this:

The Holy Spirit comes to burn down the things in our lives that hinder our walk with God, thus purifying those who accept such.

Galatians 5:16
Your avatar looks great. Very truthful too. :)

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I thought Fiat did that! :eek:
Someone did. I just remember driving past a dealership and they had a giant inflatable hamster in a hoodie.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Someone did. I just remember driving past a dealership and they had a giant inflatable hamster in a hoodie.
Looks like Fiat and Kia both did hamster advertising campaigns.

Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
No, Fiat made hamster cars and Kia did the ads. I think.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
There are many nice avatars here! :)

Mine is a drawing I made of (Zero Suit) Samus from Metroid with a family of Snacanids (creatures I made up). The darker Snacanids are the father, Alpha, and the son, Psi. The lighter ones are the mother, Eta, and the daughter, Omega. There's a bit of a story behind this so I'll share it...

In the first episode of my fanfiction series, Samus meets Alpha and the two form a strong bond as they go through many adventures together. Alpha and his friend Eta fall in love about halfway through the series. In the final episode, their children are born, and Samus soon decides to leave them behind so they can raise their children. My avatar is based on when she spends some final moments with the Snacanids before leaving them.

Snacanids live on the Canyon area of the planet Venine. This area is usually in a state of endless night, so a sunrise like the one in the drawing (and at the end of the series) is a rare occurrence.
Sounds great! :) Glad to know that.

Upvote 0

Kerensa

Apr 20, 2017
Kent
✟103,391.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am too young to get that one I guess, still, I like comedies.

Fawlty Towers was slightly before my time too, but is still replayed a lot on TV in Britain (where it was made) and Australia (where I come from) and probably in other countries as well. There were only ever 12 episodes made, but it's an absolute classic and regularly comes very high up (and often top) in polls of people's favourite British comedy ever. Well worth watching! ;)

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Picture of my dragon oc that I commissioned from a friend. I demanded more blood and it looking more demonic but this is what I got for 20€.
I never could draw like that. Digital or traditional.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Fawlty Towers was slightly before my time too, but is still replayed a lot on TV in Britain (where it was made) and Australia (where I come from) and probably in other countries as well. There were only ever 12 episodes made, but it's an absolute classic and regularly comes very high up (and often top) in polls of people's favourite British comedy ever. Well worth watching! ;)
Maybe when I get back to America I'll check it out. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PinkDragon

Dream crusher
Oct 29, 2016
Europe
✟27,786.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I never could draw like that. Digital or traditional.
I'm trying to learn how to draw myself. I did some doodles but that's as far as I've gone.

g83aTaf.jpg

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I thought it was, still can't pin down what's going on in the background. ;)
It's an amusement park and the beach behind it. My hometown Vizag (Visakhapatnam, India) is a coastal city. I love the ocean everywhere (the Atlantic, the Mediterranean, and the Bay of Bengal). Glad that you're back in your groove kiddo. See, it ain't that hard to live the Christian life. God bless you munchkin and I'll be seeing you around here:). Say hi to mom and dad for me.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It's an amusement park and the beach behind it. My hometown Vizag (Visakhapatnam, India) is a coastal city. I love the ocean everywhere (the Atlantic, the Mediterranean, and the Bay of Bengal). Glad that you're back in your groove kiddo. See, it ain't that hard to live the Christian life. God bless you munchkin and I'll be seeing you around here:). Say hi to mom and dad for me.

I don't even know how to say the long version of what you just wrote. :eek:

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't even know how to say the long version of what you just wrote. :eek:
That's alright kiddo. Shorter version is pronounced :"Y zag." Important thing is that you can have godly fun and be a Christian. I'm glad you're doing well. Stay safe. My best to your parents. God bless :).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
John Cleese as 'Basil Fawlty' - a fictional hapless hotel owner. "Fawlty Towers" was a BBC comedy from the 70's that would never make it past the first episode today.
Love his accent! eheeh

Upvote 0

JRichard68

There is too much butter on those trays
May 28, 2017
Vancouver
✟32,163.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Maybe when I get back to America I'll check it out. :)
Two of the best episodes (imo) are "Communication Problems" and "The Germans", along with the first episode, I forget the title...

Upvote 0